Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

New tires help/suggestions

i am about to get new tires for my 2000 trans am
    the rim size is 16'' and i know i need 245-50 tires
    what are some good tires out there that you guys have tried and liked?
    i hardly see snow here, so i dont care for snow traction
    thanks

blue,blue
    00 z-28 m6, 06 H3

try tirerack

i have avon tech m550 a/s (245-50wr-16) on my 00 z-m6. they are $96 each! i think they are great. they ride good. they have good traction wet or dry. for the money you can't go wrong. they are way better than the goodyear gs-c i had before. the gs-c is a terrible tire! so steer clear of these. my 2 cents brandon

1 of 396 T/A Conv 2001 Wayah-bird's Avatar

Taupe/Red
    2001 Trans Am Conv

Stay with Goodyear

Good evening, I have done so much research on tires for the T/A I just purchased last month including a call to Goodyear HQ. The new GS-D3 that Goodyear came out with will be the best tire, no doubt in my mind. While the older GS-C and similar nylon tires have those cold 'flat spots' they are still the best tire for the car. Yeah they wear out quick, but tires just are not an area to go cheap with. We all spend a fortune for insurance and everything else, so treat yourself to premium tires. You deserve them. Dave

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am Ram Air WS6

Try Bridgestone Potenzas

I have a 2000 WS6 and the stock Goodyear Eagles were not impressive. I replaced them with Bridgestone Potenzas RE730s. They fit perfectly and improved my handling over the Goodyears.

Blue
    2000 Trans Am

GSD3's are wonderful tires but overpriced and wear out waaay to fast. RE730's were good tires have been discontinued for the RE750's which surpass the RE730's by far. I myself have had good luck with the GS-C's but they are not worth the money, and wouldnt rec these tires anyhow. I would suggest the RE750's, HTR+ are decent tires. It all depends on your budget. Just remember like was stated about tires arent were you want to cheep out on they are the only thing holding your car to the road. Happy hunting

1 of 396 T/A Conv 2001 Wayah-bird's Avatar

Taupe/Red
    2001 Trans Am Conv

Just stay away from Japanese

Yes, the Bridgestone Potenzas are a fine tire. I just have trouble about putting a Japanese brand tire on an American icon. Yokocrap or whatever. How can someone possibly feel good about owning such a great muscle car with Japaneses tires on it? Don't you feel a bit prouder of your LT1/LS1 looking down at a Goodyear? Yeah they cost more money but how much are we all laying out for insurance every year which serves no benefit to us at all except to drive up the share price of their precious stocks? Every time we step on the gas we are at risk for a $100-$200 ticket yet we get cheap with tires. I remember well working for minimum wage as a teenager and I have no problem with younger owners having them. It's a hell of a hard time making ends meet just to drive these cars. The rest of us? No excuse. The Japanese tires are an insult to our American machines. If Goodyear made lousy tires, that would be different, but that's not even close to reality. Anyone that uses that excuse is just cheap, or reads the liberal consumer rags as gospel.

Blue
    2000 Trans Am

Not really. While I agree with some of what you are saying. The Bridgestone Potenza S03 is a waaaaaay better tire than the Goodyear GSD3. Im not saying dont by goodyears cause im cheep just saying they are over priced you can get better for the same if not less money.

Thread Information