Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Need tire opinions

I have a red Ws6 and I am trying to decide which route to go over winter. I need new tires and was contemplating on whether or not to get rims. Im trying to decide if I should get a set of black c6 zo6 rims (18 by 10.5 out back) or keep the stockers. Right now I cant get traction in 1st or 2nd and was looking for a tire to help. I already have a full suspension too but with 4.56's and over 400 whp its tough lol. I did have cheap Sumitomos on it before.

Im debating on keeping the stockers and going with some KDW 2's or getting the z06 rims and perhaps getting either the same tire out back or trying the General Exclaim UHP. But if I went the second route with the KDW's I know it would annoy the hell out of me to have a different brand tire in the front (they are pricey) I was just curious on your guys opinions on this. What do you think of the General's? How much traction would I maybe be able to gain and the longevity of them? The rears will also be 295/35/18
    Last edited by One_Bad_TA; 10-14-2010 at 08:07 PM.

black
    1999 camaro SS

I love my NT05's. they're pricey but if your car isn't a DD then don't sweat it

2000 Camaro B4C

Quote Originally Posted by xmarkx View Post
    I love my NT05's. they're pricey but if your car isn't a DD then don't sweat it
    how do they hook on the street?

black
    1999 camaro SS

I've only driven twice since the new tires, I've taken off quickly and lightly slammed the first to second shift (if that makes any sense) and only chirps so far no straight up spinning. I haven't done any clutch dumps because the tranny is giving me signs that it's days are numbered.

Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6

Hmm its not a DD but I do drive it a lot. But after some searching I have found some rather good prices on some dr's. I'm thinking Nitto because I do have slicks for the track so they wont see that much if at all. After doing some research Im debating on either the 555r or the NT-05. Did you have both of these tires Mark? If so which would you recommend and what mileage did you get from the 555r's? RWHP, a4 or m6, gears?

black
    1999 camaro SS

I had 555's and I would of used them again but they don't come in a 335/30. I wanted to use nittos so the only tire they had in my size was the NTO5. I have full suspension, m6, stock gears, stock motor. I havent driven it in the rain and I don't plan on doing so but I can't imagine they would work to well.

for all 4 tires shipped to my house it was just under $1500
    (umi) k-mbr (w/ poly mounts), upper non adj. A arms, lower adj. A arms, front sway bar, 3 point SFC, TA relo (w/ poly mount), TA, drag bar.

(bmr) tunnel brace, adj. rod end LCA , adj. rod end PHB, sportlines w/ hose mod, bilsteins

19x12,19x10 spyders 335/30 275/35 NTO5's

Thread Information