Thread: Need some help

Black soon to be red
    2000 Trans am Ws6

Need some help

Ok after some research I finally found the wheels I want.I found them on Wheels Next.I`m going with the rpm r-505 wheel an had some questions,cause I know nothing about fitment etc.What is the difference between a staggered wheel an a standard wheel.Also looking at 18`s an 19`s,in which the site says they will fit.For 18`s was looking at 18x8 in front an for the rear 18x9.If I do go for the 19`s the sizes are 19x8.5 in front an 19x9.5 in the rear.Does anyone have these sizes on there car,if so could you post em in here.Also what does everyone think of the sizes I`m leaning towards,any help would be greatly appreciated.

blue
    1999 TransAm

i think staggered means, different sized wheels/tires between the front and back axles, ..some people like to put wider tires on the rear, for instance, or even different wheels sizes like what late model corvettes have.. i have 18x8 all around on mine, ..i think 18 is a good size,...the tradeoff is the larger wheel dia. you go for, the less tire sidewall - making the ride stiffer/harsher..

my advice would be to make sure you do good research on the wheel and manuf. before you buy.. i have TSW wheels on mine and i hate them. try searching "by vehicle", many manuf. site have a feature like this, as this can give you wheel options that are compatible w/ the OE wheel setup (i.e. offset, bolt-circle, etc.)

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

19x8.5 and 19x9.5

Thread Information