black
    1998 Camaro SS

need help to get new shoes for ma ss!!!!!!

ok ls1 fellows i have a 98 camaro ss which ive been adding some good horse power but now its time to get new tires for it. right now im running the stock 17" rims/tires but i im lookin to get new wheels and drag radials so any recomendations?? 17",18" or 19"?? im looking for something that can give me good traction and still daily drive lol thanx in advance!!!

White
    89 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by sosals1 View Post
    ok ls1 fellows i have a 98 camaro ss which ive been adding some good horse power but now its time to get new tires for it. right now im running the stock 17" rims/tires but i im lookin to get new wheels and drag radials so any recomendations?? 17",18" or 19"?? im looking for something that can give me good traction and still daily drive lol thanx in advance!!!
    Do you drive it year round and is snow in the equation or do you live where it's warm enough that you don't need any snow traction?
    I'd say a Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Sport would be great for non-snow traction but if you need that "all-season" then go with the Bridgestone Potenza RE960 A/S.
    Sizes are up to what you want to spend for wheels and rubber.
    Might be smart to run the stock wheels with a pair of Drag Radials and if you go with 17-19" you can get a better overall "Street" tire since Drag Radials don't have much Tread Depth new and are horrendous if you get stuck in the rain with them.
    Do some research on www.tirerack.com for tire prices.
    If you go with 17's and want a drag radial, shoot me a PM, my buddy just sold his 2002 SS Camaro and still has a set of wheels/with drag radials he didn't let go with the car. He used them one summer and they looked sweet on his car.
    18s' I'd recommend a P275/35R18 and for
    19's I think you'd be safe with a P285/30R19. Tire Rack is running a closeout on the Michelin Pilot Sports in that size.
    Other places I'd look for tires once you've settled on a size:
    www.campbellperformancetires.com
    www.discounttire.com
    Happy Hunting!
    Last edited by T/A Turbo 1989; 09-09-2009 at 06:03 PM.

black
    1998 Camaro SS

i just use the car in the summer. and im planin to go race wars next year so im targeting towards drag radials. wat brand are ur friends radials?? is all 4 or just the two rear??

White
    89 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by sosals1 View Post
    i just use the car in the summer. and im planin to go race wars next year so im targeting towards drag radials. wat brand are ur friends radials?? is all 4 or just the two rear??
    I got the wheels and tires from him today. They are still mounted up together. He'd like to sell the whole set of wheels and tires for $1300. He used them for 2 months last summer and he claims to have done one good burnout on the rear tires.

Wheels are American Racing Torque Thrust M and tires are Mickey Thompson ET Street drag Radials.

The wheels are 17x9 and 17x10.5. they are here:
    http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...All&sort=Brand

The tires are 275/40R17. they are here:
    http://www.jegs.com/i/Mickey-Thompso...3743R/10002/-1
    This is where he got them and what he paid for them.

PM Me if you are interested. they are located in the Sterling/Dixon Illinois area. I just took a mess of pictures and will try and get them up somewhere by Thursday.

Also, since there's 4 Drag Radials and most people aren't going to run a tire like that on the front I may be able to sell the tires in pairs and line any prospective buyer up with some other fronts if needed.
    Last edited by T/A Turbo 1989; 09-17-2009 at 07:59 AM.

White
    89 Trans Am

Pictures of wheels and tires for sale

I have pictures up of the wheels and tires my buddy has for sale. I had my friend put them up on his business website to sell as Consignment.

Thread Information