Thread: lug nut key

Black
    99 WS6

lug nut key

I need to change the breaks on my 99 ws6 which has c6 wheels on it. the lug nut key that came with the car does not fit...any suggestions?

Black
    99 SS

i forgot who makes a kit its a socket and you can get them at sears and they basically remove rusted or hard to get bolts off that will work i have used it before on my car. they come in a set of 5

Red
    2002 Camaro Z28

Thumbs up

My key broke and I used a socket with some mesh screen and hammered it on then used my tourqe wrench to take them off!
    2002 Camaro Z28 Bolt ons, Flowmaster catback w/3" QTP electric cutout, Superchips tuned, Granatelli MAF, SLP cold air induction Lid & filter, ZEX powertune plugs, Taylor 10.4mm wires, 160 T-stat w/fan control, Eibach sportlines & BFG-KDW's on 17" SLP SS rims.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Find a trash socket that is a bit smaller and hammer that bad boy on enough to get a bite.

Black
    1999 Trans Am

Take it to a tire shop and ask to borrow one of their keys or show them what it looks like and they can order you one/sell you one of theirs. Pounding a smaller socket onto it only works once then you get to buy new lugnuts because its impossible to properly re-torque them the same way they came off. Easier in my opinion to just get the right key vs buying new lugnuts.
    Last edited by HOBS; 06-19-2009 at 07:26 PM.

Thread Information