Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: just my luck

Impounded

Thumbs down just my luck

so i ordered my new rims from Custom Wheel Market. 17x9.5 chrome C6 replicas. Ordered them Friday and got them yesterday opening them only to find that a rim had already begun to bubble and flake. So i call up to return the rims.
    Now im out $156 just to ship them back (which is bullshit IMO because they are too much of dumbshits to check the rims before they ship them so now im paying for their mistakes!).
    I am high disappointed not to mention really fucking pissed.
    now i dont know what to do because the local tire guy said that the triple chrome plated rims are junk anyways...
    what do i do!?!?

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Time to get irrate on the phone imho.. Then on to the better business bureau, then move to the press (news paper).. Other than that live and learn..
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

i would definitely be on the phone with them and have them paying for shipping or ask for a refund and send them all back.
    2012 Regal GS

2004 Cadillac CTS-V (Sold)
    2001 Camaro SS (Sold)
    1999 Camaro Z28 (Sold)

Impounded
    well am i expecting too much as to complaining that they wont cover shipping charges?
    I dont know rather to take them all back and get different ones or just get that one rim replaced?
    theyre triple chrome plated and the guy at the shop said that they all would eventually do that (flake and bubble) within a few years? i figured that it would last like 5-10 years? or what?

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by BashamWS6 View Post
    well am i expecting too much as to complaining that they wont cover shipping charges?
    I dont know rather to take them all back and get different ones or just get that one rim replaced?
    theyre triple chrome plated and the guy at the shop said that they all would eventually do that (flake and bubble) within a few years? i figured that it would last like 5-10 years? or what?
    I don't know a whole lot about chrome plating.. However your tire guy is prolly right because the same process that made the bad wheel made the good ones.. You should, in my oppy expect ALL your money back including shipping for a product that maybe off the shelf junk.. One thing to consider also is that they prolly know that the wheels chrome won't last, and that's why they charge you to ship them back.. Hoping you'll just live with it.. Not a company I'd ever do business with again imho..

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

I got my triple coated C6s back in 05 and they are still in perfect condition with no faults in the plating.

Impounded
    well after three attemps for them to pick up and another thirty minutes on the phone. full 100% refund...thank you rick!
    now i need to find some better quality rims....

Impounded
    Quote Originally Posted by 2001camaroSS View Post
    I got my triple coated C6s back in 05 and they are still in perfect condition with no faults in the plating.
    well mine is a DD (not nessecarily in the salt and snow) and starting next year...im looking at about 1000 miles per month unless i get a toyota for my college car. but my tire guy said to stay away from triple chrome plated aluminum.

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

well mine is a DD (not nessecarily in the salt and snow) and starting next year...im looking at about 1000 miles per month unless i get a toyota for my college car. but my tire guy said to stay away from triple chrome plated aluminum.
    yea i have my Altima for my DD so bad weather isn't an issue. Indiana weathers are harsh. I would be wary of running any type of chrome all year round especially in the winter months. If you buy chrome wheels u may want to look into having a crap set for the winter or just using the ones that are on there.

Impounded
    Well i need to get me another car for college driving anyways but if anything else i can get my stock rims back on. I was wondering tho. I found some black rims that were machine faced. Theyre C6 ZO6 rims at West Coast Corvette. Im going to do sone researvh b4 i buy these. So a few more questions
    1-what offsets are ok for the trans ams?
    2-has anyone ever worked with West Coast Corvette?
    3-how wide can i go on the back rims?
    Im now considering 17x9.5 with 18x10.5s which that would be about what tire size on the back?

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Well i need to get me another car for college driving anyways but if anything else i can get my stock rims back on. I was wondering tho. I found some black rims that were machine faced. Theyre C6 ZO6 rims at West Coast Corvette. Im going to do sone researvh b4 i buy these. So a few more questions
    1-what offsets are ok for the trans ams?
    2-has anyone ever worked with West Coast Corvette?
    3-how wide can i go on the back rims?
    Im now considering 17x9.5 with 18x10.5s which that would be about what tire size on the back?
    look at OEWheels if you haven't already. this should help u out with the tires and such. http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/wheels...must-read.html

Impounded
    alright. thanks.
    sorry my computer is messed up and wont let me respond to your request but ill get to it eventually. and a quick dumb question.. how come my signiture doesnt show up all the time?

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

alright. thanks.
    sorry my computer is messed up and wont let me respond to your request but ill get to it eventually. and a quick dumb question.. how come my signiture doesnt show up all the time?
    mine doesn't either so i dont really have an answer for that. i assumed that once its on the page once it doesnt show it again or a certain amount of time must pass between ur posts for it to show again in a single thread.

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

alright. thanks.
    mine doesn't either so i dont really have an answer for that. i assumed that once its on the page once it doesnt show it again or a certain amount of time must pass between ur posts for it to show again in a single thread.
    When you reply to a post or when your posting in the second square that says "Additional Options" one of them says "Show your Signature" check that one and it'll show the signature but just once per page.

See.
    2002 Trans Am WS.6 M6
    Last bolt-on LS1 in the world

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Man i gotta update my signature

Impounded
    wow. im not very observant. but i was thinking the C6 Z06 Machined Face with the black vents...
    machined face and hyperblack...these shouldnt be a problem with bubbling or flaking will they? all im asking is 10 years out of them or so.

Machined face/Black Vents C6 Z06
    http://www.oewheelsllc.com/Wheels-fo...39462-2-1.html

or the C6 hyperblack
    http://www.oewheelsllc.com/Wheels-fo...39437-2-1.html

or the c5 machined face with black vent
    http://www.oewheelsllc.com/Wheels-fo...39431-2-1.html

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

wow. im not very observant. but i was thinking the C6 Z06 Machined Face with the black vents...
    machined face and hyperblack...these shouldnt be a problem with bubbling or flaking will they? all im asking is 10 years out of them or so.

Machined face/Black Vents C6 Z06
    http://www.oewheelsllc.com/Wheels-fo...39462-2-1.html

or the C6 hyperblack
    http://www.oewheelsllc.com/Wheels-fo...39437-2-1.html

or the c5 machined face with black vent
    http://www.oewheelsllc.com/Wheels-fo...39431-2-1.html
    i dont have any experience with those finishes but i'm sure they would hold up. chrome just about always goes bad.

Impounded
    i dont have any experience with those finishes but i'm sure they would hold up. chrome just about always goes bad.
    funny. chrome is the more expensive choice too.
    well they say double clear coated on all three of the links.
    i find myself favoring the C6 Z06 black vent/machined face
    i found another set of them on west coast corvette for $895 (they look more like polised rather than the machined face) but the girl said that she had to get an estimate on (4) 17x9.5s (might be more but hopefully its less) i would think that they are better quality being that they are a little more ("you get what you pay for") but my second pick is the C5 black vent/machined face. need to find some pics to reassure my decisions...

would 18x10.5s on the back hurt anything? like ride quality or handling or take off? i figure that it will mess up tire rotations and speed readings (duh..)
    decisions decisions decisions....
    thanks to my little "run-in" with this last order...my mom and i are very skiddish about ordering new ones...and now i have to wait even longer for my exhaust...SIGH!!!

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

funny. chrome is the more expensive choice too.
    well they say double clear coated on all three of the links.
    i find myself favoring the C6 Z06 black vent/machined face
    i found another set of them on west coast corvette for $895 (they look more like polised rather than the machined face) but the girl said that she had to get an estimate on (4) 17x9.5s (might be more but hopefully its less) i would think that they are better quality being that they are a little more ("you get what you pay for") but my second pick is the C5 black vent/machined face. need to find some pics to reassure my decisions...

would18x10.5s on the back hurt anything? like ride quality or handling or take off? i figure that it will mess up tire rotations and speed readings (duh..)
    decisions decisions decisions....
    thanks to my little "run-in" with this last order...my mom and i are very skiddish about ordering new ones...and now i have to wait even longer for my exhaust...SIGH!!!
    i do like the c6 z06 wheels as well. i really like the gunmetal c6 z06 deep dish wheels tho. i have 18x10.5s in both of my cars and love them. have some nice wide tires on there and they look awesome. the only major difference is i barely drive my cars so i could care less about rotating tires. i have always heard there is something with the ABS but youll have to do some more research on that. the wider your tires in the rear hooking up is going to be better.

Impounded
    i do like the c6 z06 wheels as well. i really like the gunmetal c6 z06 deep dish wheels tho. i have 18x10.5s in both of my cars and love them. have some nice wide tires on there and they look awesome. the only major difference is i barely drive my cars so i could care less about rotating tires. i have always heard there is something with the ABS but youll have to do some more research on that. the wider your tires in the rear hooking up is going to be better.
    well. im highly considering the C6 Z06. i really really like them but idk what finish to get...
    mdevecchio has C6 Z06s on his formula. but idk what finish he has...its not chrome...but if i can find those...i will buy them.
    OE Wheels has 18x9.5s for $500 and 17x9.5 for $459.
    im checking the pricing for 275/35R18 tires
    (i seen C6 Z06 18s on a 00' SS and i fell in love so if the price is right im upgrading to 18s) lol im soooo indecisive...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information