Pewter
    2000 Pewter Z28 M6

I Need Some Good Tires!(without breaking the bank)

Ok, so I have 10 days left of this semester and the I bring out the z out of storage! I have some cheap perfomance tires on it now and i burn all the way through 1st and most of 2nd with wot. What is a good performance tire that will stick? I dont want to spend alot but I need traction! Any input?

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

M/T Drag Radials for the strip. They not too bad I got a set on my old 16 inch stock wheels. But definitely can't drive with them everyday.

2002 Camaro Z28

I don't know what size you have but wider is better. I upgraded from 245/50r16 to 275/40r17 on both my 94 Z and now on my 02. The 94 had firestone firehawk wideovals and I really wasn't happy with those but when I bought the SS rims for my 02 they had some fusion ZRI's on them and I actually really like them and they are a middle of the road tire as far as price.
    Junkyard bought and "refurbished" 2002 Camaro Z28 - Pacetter Race LT's, TS&P ORY, Frost tune, Magnaflow, Ported TB, SLP Lid, Circle D 3000, 3.73's, SFC's.
    2009 Silverado Z71 - Magnaflow
    2008 Impala LTZ - Wife didn't want the V8 SS!

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

drag radials for you would be overkill, and are relatively expensive when comparing cost to tread life.

also be careful with going wider...on a stock car ...315s are not needed and can be overkill...wider contact patch..means more power needed to rotate those new tires and rims.

i hate to say this but goodyears are good tires when it comes to traction. you can also try the nittos.

just stay away from sumhito or however you spell it.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Price limit? Ling long's and nexen's work well for the money

White
    1998 Trans Am

I will never own a goodyear tire again. Dam things start do crack and dryrot and as far as traction vs price there ok. I would sa if you want grip BFG ir Nitto's are good but aren't cheap thogh a my BFG KDW NT's grip better than anytire I've owned aside from BFG drag radials but the KDW has a deep dread and seems to lat good so fr. My Kumho ASX's are good on a near stock TA. width matter as well I run 18x10's out backn but even on th factory 16's i ran a 245 f and 255 rear.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

Pewter
    2000 Pewter Z28 M6

thanks for tips! i looked online and found these which by the reviews seem really good. price is pretty good too! let me know what you think.....

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....m=445YR7EMXXRP

Black
    69 Camaro, 99 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by camaroluvr447 View Post
    thanks for tips! i looked online and found these which by the reviews seem really good. price is pretty good too! let me know what you think.....

I just bought all new tires and i put Falken Azenis Rt615' 275 40 17's on the back they have great traction when they are heated up. Looks great too. I paid 164 each and free shipping. Other sites will give you an 80 mail in rebate on 4 too Check them out. Only thing is they are not a rain tire so you gotta be careful
    Last edited by Camaro69Mac; 04-27-2010 at 06:11 PM.

2002 Camaro Z28

I had Kumho tires on my 94 in 245/50r16 and for the price I was very happy with them. They were escta supra 712's I think is what they were called, don't think they make that particular one anymore but seems like they make a good product.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by JunkyardZ View Post
    I had Kumho tires on my 94 in 245/50r16 and for the price I was very happy with them. They were escta supra 712's I think is what they were called, don't think they make that particular one anymore but seems like they make a good product.
    +1.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

What size are your wheels?

Black
    69 Camaro, 99 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by JunkyardZ View Post
    Thats the tire that was on my car when i got it, i liked them but i had to get new ones. The falken's are definately a better tire but they wont last very long compared to those

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

No non-sponsor links ^^^ for future reference. Discount tire has pretty cheap prices, check them out.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Please don't post direct links to non sponsors guys

1999 WS6(sold) 2003 Cobra

BFG's got my vote

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

I really like my Nitto 555's. I got them for 607.50 with mounting, balancing, tax, and chrome valve stems. I got them from a local place, they priced matched a quote I got from an online tire place.

Pewter
    2000 Pewter Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMike View Post
    I really like my Nitto 555's. I got them for 607.50 with mounting, balancing, tax, and chrome valve stems. I got them from a local place, they priced matched a quote I got from an online tire place.
    wow, matched an online quote, i dont think my shop would do that! but you really like the nittos? how is the grip in a wot 1st gear acceleration??

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

wow, matched an online quote, i dont think my shop would do that! but you really like the nittos? how is the grip in a wot 1st gear acceleration??
    275's w/ a bolt on auto-eh. They don't chirp going into second as hard as my pilot's a/s did.

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

I love them! Grip is awesome at WOT from a stop! Honestly, I punch it, and they just hook! I can get a chirp out of them on the street, but that's about it. My old all seasons would go up in smoke if I did that.

In fact, at the track with the all seasons (Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, btw) if I left the line at idle and punched it, they'd light right up. Forget leaving off the brake.

With the Nitto's, I can leave off the brake at 1500rpm, and with no burnount and street pressure, I barely get a chirp.

I set a new personal best with them, 13.61 @ 104.00.

Granted, I have an A4 that's basically stock with 2.73's, so I'm not putting down that much power. But for what I have, I'm extrememly happy with them.

And the shop didn't exactly match the quote, but it was close enough, I told him I'd buy them if he could do 600 inc. tax. He thought about it for a minute, then said he'd do it. The extra 7.50 was 2.50/ea. for the old tire disposal (I kept one). It would have cost me 520 for them with shipping, plus carting them somewhere to get m&b, I figured for an extra 80 it was worth avoiding the hassle of finding someone to mount them. Plus this shop does alot of high end wheels, so they only balance with the sticky weights that go on the inside of the wheel - it looks real clean that way!

I also find that they're very smooth on the highway, and I think the car rides a bit better with them as compared to the Michelins.

Thread Information