RED
    1999 Z28

help picking new tires or tires and rims

This is my first post to this site. I have a stock 99' Z28 RED, with 198k miles on it. I purchased the car with 161k on it 3 yrs ago. The first tires I ever ran on it were BFG g-Force T/A KDW 245-50-16 stock size I believe. I loved the tires and would run then for the rest of the vehicles life as I got 3 yrs out of them, switching them out for DEDICATED Blizzak SNOW tires, in the winter... my problem is that BFG dropped the tire I run in the summer for the 245-50-16 size and my g-Force T/A KDW that I had are wore out and I find myself in need of suggestions for a replacement tire other than the Goodyear Eagle F1 GS D3, those are too expensive for me to buy this year!!! I need a suggestion for a replacement tire for a few years, till I can afford C6 Z06 rims and wider tires... any suggestions???

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

geeze I am in the same boat I swear I have read tire rack front to back.
    I have heard good reviews of the bf goodrich g-force sports, one good review from a local of the yokohama s. drives, and good reviews about Firestone firehawk wide ovals. Nitto nt-555 would be the cheapest out of the bunch I just haven't heard any reviews because everyone gets the r versions. Online tires is a little cheaper than tirerack if you haven't tried them yet.

RED
    1999 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    geeze I am in the same boat I swear I have read tire rack front to back.
    I have heard good reviews of the bf goodrich g-force sports, one good review from a local of the yokohama s. drives, and good reviews about Firestone firehawk wide ovals. Nitto nt-555 would be the cheapest out of the bunch I just haven't heard any reviews because everyone gets the r versions. Online tires is a little cheaper than tirerack if you haven't tried them yet.
    At the moment I fear to say that I am considering the WIDEOVALS... I used to work in a tire store, and I remember examining the WIDEOVALS and thinking to myself that they were inferior to the BFG's I liked "g-Force T/A KDW" but at the moment they are looking like they might be seeing a few years on my rims. thoughts anyone? I am VERY open to suggestions. the car will NOT see any time at a track. but I use the GAS PEDAL very well!!! thing I look for in a tire are very responsive, great wear "EVEN " (inside to outside of tire) great cornering... I had to try VERY hard to break the BFG's loose even in a fast tight launch up a spiraled freeway onramp under heavy throttle. I love a tire that holds the road!

Join the PHK @ thephk.org Sommer86@6LE's Avatar

Red
    2001 Camaro SS

I was all about BFG g-force sports too, but I'm now Michelin Pilot Sports up front and Nitto DR's out back. I love the handling over the wet traction. I'm in Los Angeles so rain lasts a day or 2 and there is no snow.

If you're interested in new wheels too, check out our website. We can get you some pretty awesome wheels at pretty awesome prices. I currently have '09 Corvette Spyders on my car in Black. 18's all around.

Join the PHK
    2009 LS1.com Calendar Car

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

A member on here put on some continentals and said they work great. I will need tires in the front soon too and I am going with those. All seasons. One of the magazines had a write up on them and liked them. They also have a deal get 4 tires and get a free gps right now. Price is reasonable too.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

On my OEM 17s I run GoodYear Eagle F1 All Season, but they are worn out and will be replaced with dedicated snow tires. I bought a staggered set of 18s with BFG KDW2s all around and the rears wore out from all the driving I did. I replaced the rears with G-Force Super Sports because they were cheaper than the KDW2s in the size I needed(275/35/18). I know the KDW2 also known as KDWNT replaced the KDW a few years ago.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by falseprophet79 View Post
    At the moment I fear to say that I am considering the WIDEOVALS... I used to work in a tire store, and I remember examining the WIDEOVALS and thinking to myself that they were inferior to the BFG's I liked "g-Force T/A KDW" but at the moment they are looking like they might be seeing a few years on my rims. thoughts anyone? I am VERY open to suggestions. the car will NOT see any time at a track. but I use the GAS PEDAL very well!!! thing I look for in a tire are very responsive, great wear "EVEN " (inside to outside of tire) great cornering... I had to try VERY hard to break the BFG's loose even in a fast tight launch up a spiraled freeway onramp under heavy throttle. I love a tire that holds the road!
    A member on this sight and on another sight has had experience wideoval tires and they didn't like them. I was considering wideovals because of the reviews they got but i'll trust people that I have met. I want to hear some reviews of the NT 555 so I can be cheap
    Last edited by c5z28; 03-14-2010 at 04:16 PM.

Navy Blue
    1999 Camaro Z28

You can get BFGoodrich g-Force Sport in 255/50/16 for $116 ea. at tirerack.

06 Jeep Grand Cherokee.
    02 superchipsZ28 M6(sold)

my new TTII came with Nexen they are pretty good tires not expensive either.

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS-6

it was me who put the continentals on the stock ws6 rims. they are the dws tires (dry wet snow). they are very quiet, smooth ride, great in snow, and decent when dry. For the summer im gonna pick up a set of the DW tires (summer version) and put them on new ws6 rims because my stock rims are not in the best condition so ill keep them for winter. gonna go with a staggered setup..... 265/40 or 275/40 front and 285/40 rear.

Thread Information