Pewter
    2002 Camaro Z28

GTO winter wheels.

Im trying to help my dad get some winter wheels for his 2004 GTO. he just needs some rims that are the same specs as stock.

I found these over on Summitracing.com
    http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

will these fit? I have seen many different specs on the bolt pattern for the GTO's. some say that they are the same as corvettes and F-bodies, and others say they are different.

thanks for any help.

Red
    1999 Pontiac Trans-Am

hey man i'm from maple grove as well, how ya liking the weather out here, I was in the arbor lakes area eating dinner with my g/f, on the way home on 494 the salt trucks were out dumping, winter is finally here! hope your not driving that nice Z28 now and its stored!
    Last edited by 1 RedHot TransAm; 11-11-2008 at 06:03 PM.

Pewter
    2002 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 1 RedHot TransAm View Post
    hey man i'm from maple grove as well, how ya liking the weather out here, I was in the arbor lakes area eating dinner with my g/f, on the way home on 494 the salt trucks were out dumping, winter is finally here! hope your not driving that nice Z28 now and its stored!
    yea the weather isnt too bad yet. just gotta stay out of the gas and keep the tail in check. I have to drive it this year since I lost my job and cant afford to get a winter car like I planned to do.

I'm just gonna wash it as much as I can and wax it a lot to help protect the paint. I hope it works a little bit.

nice TA. I dont know if i have seen it around.

hugger orange

the gto bolt pattern is slightly different on paper, but its so close you can use camaro/corvette wheels, just check for strut clearance on the inside and wheelwell lip out the outside because the gto can only take 275 max with the right backspacing wherethe f-bodies can fit a 315 tire under the back .
    I saw snow coming in sideways down in southern virginia last week.....its way too early for winter to start

Pewter
    2002 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by mark21742 View Post
    the gto bolt pattern is slightly different on paper, but its so close you can use camaro/corvette wheels, just check for strut clearance on the inside and wheelwell lip out the outside because the gto can only take 275 max with the right backspacing wherethe f-bodies can fit a 315 tire under the back .
    I saw snow coming in sideways down in southern virginia last week.....its way too early for winter to start
    thank you. he would be putting stock-sized tires on it.

he bought the car with brand new blizzaks on it and I put some BFG's on the stock rims. now he needs to put the winter tires back on.

Red
    1999 Pontiac Trans-Am

Quote Originally Posted by z28punk View Post
    yea the weather isnt too bad yet. just gotta stay out of the gas and keep the tail in check. I have to drive it this year since I lost my job and cant afford to get a winter car like I planned to do.

I'm just gonna wash it as much as I can and wax it a lot to help protect the paint. I hope it works a little bit.

nice TA. I dont know if i have seen it around.
    thanks, ya i'v been there before man, years back I had a 94 lt1 I had to drive in the winter, usually I'd just throw some sandbags from menards in the hatch to pick up traction, and ya waxing really helps, I dont see a whole lot of V-8 98+ f-bodys around here really, ALOT of mustangs though, only one I really see around here is a red 98+ Z28 with black rims and sometimes I see a Z28 red with an SS hood on the bass lake road area,but thats about it, take good care of her man, if I were you i'd buy one of those unlimited car wash deals for the season, I used to do that and it really paid for it self.

Pewter
    2002 Camaro Z28

yea i think i'll buy one of those passes. I cant stand a dirty car especially in winter. I dont see many F-bodies at all. At the Ricekiller.com meets in grove we only had like 1 or 2 F-bodies at the meets. the rest were mustangs.

Thread Information