HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar

Drag Radial Advice

ok well ive got huge traction problems...no 1st...and over 3k my second breaks loose...and i have 275 kumhos on the back with 95% thread...practicall brand new...im buying dr's...i know from...worst to best it goes...nitto's...bfg...and the mt's being the best...i dont want mt's cuz i dont want to break my rear....i ve heard a lotta good and bad things bout nittos....my question is is it worth paying the lil extra money for bfg's...instead of nittos....are they that much stickier and worth it?...or should i just get the nittos...cuz i have big traction problems...anyone who has these can help me with their past experience

I was about to ask the same queston,but I am pretty sure I know the answer = BFG. I am not worried about breaking my rear I have a 12 bolt and 3.73,s and a complete BMR susp set up, but I heard MT,s might be a little loose on the street/highway and wear very fast.I would like to hear from someone who runs them on the street and the track just a couple times.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

The BFGs will hook a lot better than the Nittos but also wear down a lot faster than the Nittos. You will be lucky to get a couple thousand miles out of the BFGs.

I would definately suggest the BFGs for Brian, but if you are a M6 car BlackZ(sorry I don't know your name) I would recommend the Nittos for now. The Nittos are going to hook a lot better than the Kuhmos and might snap your 10 bolt if you are an M6. They are also fairly cheap, the BFGs go for about $225/per while the Nittos are $150/per.
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    The BFGs will hook a lot better than the Nittos but also wear down a lot faster than the Nittos. You will be lucky to get a couple thousand miles out of the BFGs.

I would definately suggest the BFGs for Brian, but if you are a M6 car BlackZ(sorry I don't know your name) I would recommend the Nittos for now. The Nittos are going to hook a lot better than the Kuhmos and might snap your 10 bolt if you are an M6. They are also fairly cheap, the BFGs go for about $225/per while the Nittos are $150/per.
    yeah i am a m6...well thanx for the advice man...appreciate it...and the names andy
    01 m6 z28 - lid / lt headers / 3' ory w no cats / flowmaster catback w 3' dmh e-cutout / nelson pcm tune

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

Sorry to kinda steal this thread, but I need new tires for the spring and was considering BFG's or Nittos. Do the Nittos last a decent amount of time? And are they good on all 4 corners? I don't want to mix and match. And, I have the stock rear with factory 3.23's, will the Nitto's cause a problem? I don't really do any burnouts or donuts or anything, just need something with more traction on the street.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

I run Nitto DR's on the back. On my street wheels.
    315/35/17's.
    I have traction issues when the cutouts are open, but they seem to grab just fine when it is capped. Colder weather reduces traction as well.

I would also recommend the Nitto's for now. They grab much better on the street than any other street tire. On a set of Sumotumo HTRZ 315's that had 1,000 miles on them I wouldn't just chirp into 3rd...I would spin them pretty badly. Same with a set of Nitto 555r street tires.

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    I run Nitto DR's on the back. On my street wheels.
    315/35/17's.
    I have traction issues when the cutouts are open, but they seem to grab just fine when it is capped. Colder weather reduces traction as well.

I would also recommend the Nitto's for now. They grab much better on the street than any other street tire. On a set of Sumotumo HTRZ 315's that had 1,000 miles on them I wouldn't just chirp into 3rd...I would spin them pretty badly. Same with a set of Nitto 555r street tires.
    That's because you have a huge friggin' built motor. I am running a stock cube, bolt-on LT1. Do you think the stock rear will hold up to the Nitto's? I just run it on the street.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

No problem. The thing that gets the rearend is the shock of a good launch.
    I ran the Nitto's on mine with the stock rear running the 402 for a couple months. I figured I could sell the stock rear off and help a little with the Moser 9" so I pulled it before it had any issues.

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

Ok, good to know. I think I know what tires I will be purchasing this spring.
    Oh, and one more thing, what would be the widest tire I could go on the stock rim? The tires I have right now are 245/50/ZR16 on the stock 8.5" rim (I think). Could I possibly go 255 with the nittos if they have them in that size?

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

I would stick with the stock size. Tends to be the best fit and the most contact patch.

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

Good to know again, thanks.

yeah well i dunno...ive talked to people with 03-04 cobras and said the nittos hooked good...so for the money ill prob get them instead of the bfg's

Black
    94 Camaro Z28

I think I'm going Nittos too.

Thread Information