Blue
    2001 Camaro SS

Bolt pattern issues

Long time viewer first time poster, anyhow, here's my problem:

I've been on the hunt for a while for the right wheel/tire combo, and finally thought the search was over, 18x8.5 38mm front, 18x9.5 46mm rear. The problems is with the bolt pattern, they're listed as 120mm. I've read around that the GM size is 120.65mm, is this going to be a problem???

The wheels are Stern ST-1's, http://www.1010tires.com/wheel.asp?w...D+Hyper+Silver, i can find them on eBay for ~600 a set.

I was planning on having 265/35 front and 285/35 rear tires also....

black
    2014 camaro 2ss/rs

120mm is BMW wheels. GM is 120.65mm or 4.75". it's a big debate whther or not some who have done this and had their wheels fall off, if it was because of the .65mm difference. when bolting the wheels on, it will bend the studs a little.
    Cold Air Intake, Muffler Delete, Vinci High Performance Dual Valve Springs, Hardened Pushrods, Yella Terra 1.85 Rockers, Some Hydropdipped Stuff, Strut Tower Brace, Some SS Badges, boost/vacuum gauge, fuel pressure gauge, some checkered stripes, drilled/slotted rotors, ZL1addons Stealth wickerbill, Ruxifey LED side markers

Blue
    2001 Camaro SS

I dug around a little more and hear there are adaptive lug nuts available that will mount 120mm securely. Also needed is a hub-centering ring (72.6 to 73mm).

Has anyone heard of this method and where to get these parts? I've been through a few websites that all offer bolt pattern conversion spacers, but i'm not going for the skateboard look on the car. If there are some magic lug nuts out there this will save me a few headaches for sure!!

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

The only thing I have ever heard about the BMW wheels being used on our cars is that it is very unsafe.

The wobble at speed and fatigue the wheels studs to the point where I have heard of someones studs breaking while driving!!

Stay away from these wheels!

big red
    1995 firebird

Complete BS!!! Wheels with a 120mm pattern will bolt up and perform without any problems at all. I speak from experience. I am on my 2nd set of wheels with a 120mm pattern. I canyon run and drag race my bird often without any wheel related problems.

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

Quote Originally Posted by graveyardman View Post
    Complete BS!!! Wheels with a 120mm pattern will bolt up and perform without any problems at all. I speak from experience. I am on my 2nd set of wheels with a 120mm pattern. I canyon run and drag race my bird often without any wheel related problems.
    The bottom line is that the offset is wrong for our cars. No matter what you do the wheel will never be 100% centered on the hub.

Maybe 'canyon runs' you do not feel it but in a drag race you should feel the wobble if you have 100+ et.

Not BS just unsafe, get the proper wheel/offsets for our cars.

You can get really low priced aftermarket wheels on ebay.

Red
    98 Ram Air TA

I don't think it would be a problem at all. I know of LOTS of people that are running 120mm bolt pattern. The offsets should be fine too. If you think about it, 0.65mm is an incredibly small number, especially spread across a 120mm circle.
    '98 TA-Red - Idle Clip Dyno
    3:73's | MS4 | LT's & TD's | Yank 3800

triple-black
    2000 CamaroSS convertible

just make sure you torque the nuts often... because from experience, I've seen them get loose often.
    Eugenio_SS
    almost stock triple-black 2000 SS convertible with 17x11s on all 4 w/ 315s at the track or on the street with 18x10.5s on all 4 w/ 315s: (1), (2)

Thread Information