Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Red
    2001 ws6

biggest tire i can run

i plan to drop my car 1.2'' but need a bigger tire on the rear for some traction. i refuse to do the BFH mod so i need to know the biggest tire i can run without havng to BFH it. id like to do 315's but i know i cant once i lower it so let me know! thanks

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by basballny2 View Post
    i plan to drop my car 1.2'' but need a bigger tire on the rear for some traction. i refuse to do the BFH mod so i need to know the biggest tire i can run without havng to BFH it. id like to do 315's but i know i cant once i lower it so let me know! thanks
    i think it is hit or miss with the nitto 315 555rs as they arent true 315s in terms of size...but i would think if you are lowered, and depending on your springs 295s wouldnt be out of the question..but mind you this is mostly speculation based on others experiences on my part.

i hopefully will be ordering my ttm and get them installed next week if not sooner so i will let you know then

Red
    2001 ws6

thanks man, i was going to go with strano springs

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

I have Sumicrapo 315's on now and some 315's are not as wide as others. Mine scrapes a little bit on the outside tire passenger side but its not bad at all and once i get the adjustment down on the panhard bar i should be fine with very little of the tire scraping. It is a hit or miss some people scrape it bad or rub and some dont. My next tires will most likely be nitto 555r's and seeing how those will hold up. My car is lowered as well.
    1993 Z28 M6: K&N Intake, 52mm TB, TB Bypass, No Cats, Exhaust Cutout, Flowmaster Muffler, 3.90 Gears, 160 Thermo, Tune, BMR Springs, Bilstein Shocks, 3 Point SFC,s & MGW Shifter.

Red
    2001 ws6

so its possible to run 315's with the car being lowered as long as you get an adj panhard?

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

so its possible to run 315's with the car being lowered as long as you get an adj panhard?
    either way you'll have to modify something. Whether it be the BFH mod or rolling the lip on your fenders
    What rims do you plan on running on?

Red
    2001 ws6

i bought 2 extra stock 17x9 speedlines and was going to get them widdended to 17x11 to keep the stock look. I figured it wasnt something alot of people have done and would be unique to run a 315 on a stock looking rim.

NBM
    99 TA

From what I have seen, you will need to probably either roll your fenders or BFH if you want to run 315s. Like mentioned already, the Nittos run alittle narrower, so you might be able to get away without any modification, but that also depends on your offset.

I am lowered with rolled fenders and running a 10in wheel with 275s on them right now with no rubbing issues. I'll switch to 285 or 295 on the next set since there should be enough room without rubbing issues. And the adj. panhard rod is necessary after you lower it, I wasn't told this at first and the rear got shifted to the right some after lowering which caused the fender lip to rub against the tire.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

i bought 2 extra stock 17x9 speedlines and was going to get them widdended to 17x11 to keep the stock look. I figured it wasnt something alot of people have done and would be unique to run a 315 on a stock looking rim.
    Chances are you're probably going to have to do a little hammering
    I'm running 315 MTs and with the offset i got the tire stick out just under the lip, i still had to do a little hammering.

Red
    2001 ws6

can i lower and run 295's? basically i wana find out the biggest tire i can run without BFH or rolling the lips

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

can i lower and run 295's? basically i wana find out the biggest tire i can run without BFH or rolling the lips
    You should be fine with 295s, I run 295/18s and just had to work one small spot on each fenderwell to keep the tire from rubbing.

1998 trans am

i have 315 m/t and i had to roll the lips but i didnt drop it, i would think the biggest with a drop would prob be 275 with out rolling. hope you can find a tire.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Probably 295 with the right offset, its probably gonna be close though
    What is it about the BFH you don't like?

Red
    2001 ws6

i want to leave anything on the car i cant return to stock alone.....i dont mind doing things as long as someday i can return to car back to stock

Red
    2001 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    You should be fine with 295s, I run 295/18s and just had to work one small spot on each fenderwell to keep the tire from rubbing.
    so 295's lowered on a 17'' rim wont hit?

Impounded
    gmcheviac

eagle f1 supercar 315/35's (discontinued) on 17x11 zr1's fit fine. This was with a worn out eibach pro-kit that was way low. With a stock panhard the outer edge of the right tire will scrape. You still won't have traction on street tires..

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

so 295's lowered on a 17'' rim wont hit?
    I don't think so, if they do rub a little, it would be minimal and something you could fix yourself without any significant change to the car.

Red
    2001 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    I don't think so, if they do rub a little, it would be minimal and something you could fix yourself without any significant change to the car.
    when it comes to spacers and all that im clueless, is there anything else i will have to do? Heres the plan, lower with strano springs, widden my stock speedlines to 10 inches in the rear and put some 295's (they'll fit on a 10 inch right? or do i need to 10.5 it) Will i need a spacer or anything? Sorry for being a pest but when it comes to offsets and spacers i know nothing. Also im assuming im going to need an adj. panhard bar? thanks!!

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

when it comes to spacers and all that im clueless, is there anything else i will have to do? Heres the plan, lower with strano springs, widden my stock speedlines to 10 inches in the rear and put some 295's (they'll fit on a 10 inch right? or do i need to 10.5 it) Will i need a spacer or anything? Sorry for being a pest but when it comes to offsets and spacers i know nothing. Also im assuming im going to need an adj. panhard bar? thanks!!
    yes on the panhard bar...what happens when you widen the wheel it changes the offset ..so spacers may be needed.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

I would avoid spacers at all costs. If you MUST run spacers, you better upgrade your wheel studs to ARP hardened studs. Spacers will sheer your studs. Buddy of mine, was in his 02 TA, CCW wheels, and his passenger rear tire went rolling in front of him going down the highway. His spacers sheered the the studs. I just wouldn't run spacers for any reason at all to be honest.

Yes to the adjustable panhard, you will need to re-center the rearend after lowering.

I looked up some 295/35/17 tires on tirerackdotcom and looked at their specs. They all fit 10"-11" wheels, so you should be fine with 295s on a 10" wheel. Some tires do vary in their specs, so double check the specific tire specs when you purchase it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information