Sebring Silver
    98 Z-28 camaro

Exclamation Baer brake rotors for 98-02 f-bodies

FYI: O-Reilly auto parts has Baer slotted and cross drilled rotors for our cars for the price of $90.00 a piece for the fronts. That's a better price than powerslot or any other brand, now I haven't ran them yet but I just found out about it so I thought ya'll might like to know. They do have to order them but it's only a day or so for shipment.

98-LS1

black
    1999 Trans Am

Thanks for the info, let us know how they work out.

pewter
    1999 Z28

I have the Baer Eradispeed slotted/cross drilled rotors at all four corners, with Hawk pads. Bite like a M.F. when warm. A little bit noisier than stock though.

Sebring Silver
    98 Z-28 camaro

I'm going to pick these up next week, for ninety bucks that's hard to pass up

Fire Red
    2000 ws6 #599 9/20/1999

just a little info, if you use the eradispeed plus rotors and a set of bendix titanium3 ceramic pads, they stop amazingly well, make hardly any noise, and have practically no dust.

silver
    02/SS/M6

Has anyone purchased the cross drilled/slotted rotors off of E-bay? I have noticed the prices are kinda cheap just need to know if rotors are too. Didnt notice any popular brands. Thanks

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans Am

You really have to watch the cheaper rotors - especially the crosdrilled versions. Most of the cheap crossdrilled rotors are just standard rotors that someone drills. On top of that, they are more than likely mfg. in Mexico from inferior metal/casting process.

The crossdrilling should actually be cast into the rotor and in very specific areas as to eliminate crack propegation.

The brake system is definitely NOT an area where you want to scrimp on $$ if changing from stock.

If you're just looking to buy slotted/crossdrilled due to the looks, and don't want to spend $$, then they are really not for you.

If you want to go with just slotted - the Powerslot rotors are a very nice/quality part and are not too expensive...

I run the Baer GT+ system on my WS6 with the larger PBR calipers, Eradispeed front 2-pc rotors that are both larger in diameter/thickness, and the Eradispeed rear rotors. All are crossdrilled/slotted. Cost was $1500 on sale

-Jay-
    2000 Phoenix WS6 Trans Am
    Pride of Western PA Car Shows

426RWHP/418RWTQ N/A (Mustang Dyno MD-1750)
    584RWHP/510RWTQ Massaged by TNT (Mustang Dyno MD-1750)

silver
    02/SS/M6

Thanks for the info. My fronts are slightly warped. I just got the 18" Z06 wheels and the rotors are very visable. So i thought i would just get a set of crossdrilled rotors mostly for the looks. How much are the rotors alone? (stock size of course)
    Last edited by litemup02; 11-13-2005 at 04:42 PM.

silver
    2000 WS6

O'reilly can get eardispeed rotors slotted and drilled for 90 bucks piece is that the same ones on ws6store.com? the are like 500 for all four on there

Thread Information