Black
    97 Formula

ATTN: Goodyear GS-D3 owners, I have a couple questions!

I'm thinking of getting a set of GS-D3's for my car. I have a couple questions concering these tires in the 275/40/17 size, and want some first hand experience.

1) How is the dry traction in normal city/highway driving?

2) How is the dry traction in highway lane changes?

3) How is the dry handling [back roads, highway on/off ramps ect]?

4) How is the road noise city/highway? Windows up/down?

5) How is the ride comfort city/highway, over bumps, potholes, road cracks, ect?

6) Do the tires tend to follow the cracks in the road?

7) How is the traction at the dragstrip? I know they aren't drag radials, but do they hook pretty good?

8) How is the stopping ability?

black
    1999 Trans Am

I don't have them, but have been debating for 2 months wether to buy the goodyear gs-d3 or the bf goodrich kdw.

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am-WS6

Dude, I wouldn't spend the money for these unless you are NEVER going to drive in bad weather. In good weather, they're great. However, this is what happened to me after it was done raining at about 35mph. No lie. It broke loose and slid up a bank and then rolled back onto the pass. side roof before ending back on it's wheels. The tires were 2 weeks old.

Navy Blue Met
    2001 Trans Am

I have had the 245/50 r16 size on my TA for about 17k now, and i like them alot. the sidewalls are not as stiff as other tires, so they don't turn in amazingly well, but they do grip very well in wet and dry in pretty much any manuver. They do follow grooves in the road some, but the roads are terrible here, if you have decent roads where you are at it will be fine, oh, noise is better than stock, but the wind noise almost always drowned out the tires anyway. I have never had a problem even in the worst rains. They stop pretty well in my opinion too. As for on the strip, i don’t know, but if they are at temp on the street i only get a chirp in 2nd, but she is still stock. I have a friend with a WS6 and he really likes his too. One thing to note is that they are a summer tire… I drove on them this winter some, and the traction is not very good until they are up to temp.
    i am sure i missed a few of your questions, but i hope this helps.

If you haven’t already, check out tirerack.com they have a few reviews with the d3.
    sorry, i dont have enough posts to put up an url, but goto tirerack.com then products and test results, you'll be able to get it form there

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

i have mine and love them
    275 40 17's and they work perfect. far better than the stock f1's that come with the SS's

they are harder then the stock tires but they handle rain perfect in my mind, thats why they are rated #1 tire by cosumer reports and Car and driver.

for all around summer driving no matter what kind of weather you get you can handle it. as long as its not hail, or snow or ice then you are set.
    Click for full size
    2000 Camaro SS Black Loaded LS1 6-Speed T-Tops, STS Rear-Mount Turbo, 42Lb Injectors, Racetronixs Fuel pump upgrade system, Custom Tune by Rick Squires @ STS Turbo, Goodyear F1 DS-G3 275 40zr17's. 3.73Rear End.

Yellow
    ZO6 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by Warbird
    I'm thinking of getting a set of GS-D3's for my car. I have a couple questions concering these tires in the 275/40/17 size, and want some first hand experience.

1) How is the dry traction in normal city/highway driving?

2) How is the dry traction in highway lane changes?

3) How is the dry handling [back roads, highway on/off ramps ect]?

4) How is the road noise city/highway? Windows up/down?

5) How is the ride comfort city/highway, over bumps, potholes, road cracks, ect?

6) Do the tires tend to follow the cracks in the road?

7) How is the traction at the dragstrip? I know they aren't drag radials, but do they hook pretty good?

8) How is the stopping ability?
    1-5 Excellent..you wont find any beter
    6. iis a product of tire size..not tread patern etc
    7. They are NOT a drag racing tire get sone Nittos..I havent heard anyone give a good review for these tires as a drag tire

As far as weather goes....great wet great dry..but Ive seen reports that iin teh snow....they're not the best tire

Ive owned two sets and will never seriously lok at any others..Im in total love with these tires....

The biggest negative for me is their price...but...you get what you pay for

Red

Got mine about 1K ago, first replacement after the cheapie factory Goodyears. Since I'm in Florida I can give you a big thumbs up on both dry and especially wet. Before I was scared to death with the factory tire, always slipping. But, the new Eagles grip fantastic, but still won't get crazy on a wet street.

You didn't say if you'd be driving in winter (since you're in Ohio)? Hopefully not, but if it's all you got, I understand.

Price is the only down fall and as the ole saying goes and last guy, you get what U pay for.

Besides why put on Japanese/Korean tires on an American Muscle Car, never understood that one.
    Last edited by Rokn Red; 04-16-2006 at 05:45 PM.

Gold
    98 Z28 LS6

I have the 275/40ZR17s up front and the 275/45/ZR18 in the back... Dry traction they're pretty darn good. In wet traction, it couldn't get any better...Def the best tire I've ever had...a bit of a warning goes to the people who want the 18 in the rear however...you'll need a BFH to bash in the wheel well a lil cause during hard turns they will rub a lil bit.

Thread Information