Anyone know of a better online tire deal?

I need a pair of 225/70-15's in BFG radial TA's.

I stink at searching, but the best I can find is tire rack. $109 ea. + $30 to ship the pair. $248 total to my door.

I've already called the local tire shops, to carry just the tires out the door has been $280-$290 with tax. Big O is having a sale, anything over $200 is $50 off, but they won't give me the sale because I want to simply take the tires.

Anyone else know of something better??

Just an update. My wife found a place online called Tire Crawler.com.

They list these tires for $92.88 a piece and $32 to ship 2 of them to my door. That's only $218. Beats Tire Rack by $30.

I'm thinking I won't find a better deal. I'd rather spend my money local but the shops around here are downright crazy on prices, even down in Phoenix.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Guessing they don't price match? I know Discount Tire does.
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

I haven't tried Discount Tire as of yet, but from what I've found out about price matching, they only do that compared to other local stores. They don't price match on something I found on the internet, at least Ponderosa Tire doesn't. I figure that might be fairly common policy? Don't know, but I'm guessing they feel they can't compete with an interenet store that doesn't have overhead.

Have you found out otherwise? If so, I can print off something from Tire Crawler and take it down to Discount Tire and see what they say.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I swore DT did. Maybe just call and ask. Would save yourself a trip. I've never found tires cheaper than the local one here so I've never asked. Just thought I remember hearing of someone who did before. Plus, they sell tires online so it would make sense for them to price match other online competitors.

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    I swore DT did. Maybe just call and ask. Would save yourself a trip. I've never found tires cheaper than the local one here so I've never asked. Just thought I remember hearing of someone who did before. Plus, they sell tires online so it would make sense for them to price match other online competitors.
    Yeah that makes sense. I'll give them a call tomorrow and see what they say.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

I know I have met a DT manager who considered other DT's competition. Even offered to pay my gas money to go to HIS shop. That was Tatum and Bell in PHX.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    I need a pair of 225/70-15's in BFG radial TA's.

I stink at searching, but the best I can find is tire rack. $109 ea. + $30 to ship the pair. $248 total to my door.

I've already called the local tire shops, to carry just the tires out the door has been $280-$290 with tax. Big O is having a sale, anything over $200 is $50 off, but they won't give me the sale because I want to simply take the tires.

Anyone else know of something better??
    Ebay is now in the tire biz. Give them a try.
    My ride is a 2002 Camaro SS SLP #3296 with 30k, LTH, 3" Y, CME, Frost tune, K&N, ported TB, Blackwing lid, Bellows, MSD, Denso Iridium, and 85mm MAF, Bilsteins, Eibach springs, SLP strut brace, Adj. Panhard, TA Girdle, UMI, Pro 5.0, Nitto NT555
    My wife has a 2004 GTO with the rare SAP, 18" wheels, K&N Cold Air System, MSD, Ported TB, Frost tune, Denso Iridium, Flowmaster cat-back, 3200 Yank, 75k

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Let us know. If the sales rep won't do it, I'd speak to his manager. I used to have a connection with the regional sales manager of DT and received some pretty nice deals when I was younger so I tend to sway towards them now for my tire needs. I've found them to be pretty price competitive.

I agree too about them competing with other DT shops. There are 2 within 25 min and they do compete with one another. It's like cannibalism.

Let us know. If the sales rep won't do it, I'd speak to his manager. I used to have a connection with the regional sales manager of DT and received some pretty nice deals when I was younger so I tend to sway towards them now for my tire needs. I've found them to be pretty price competitive.

I agree too about them competing with other DT shops. There are 2 within 25 min and they do compete with one another. It's like cannibalism.
    I'll report back this afternoon. I have to run up the street in the next few minutes to Petsmart which is right accross the street from Tire Discount,,,,so I'm just going to stop in in person. I printed off the price sheet from Tire Crawler to take with me.

States right at the top,,,,$92.88 each with a total of $185.76 for 2 tires. It's the best price I've found. I'll let you know what they say....

You were right. Stopped at Tire Discounter and asked for a price match and showed him the paper. He said on internet price matching they have to include shipping. Sounds fair. I told him it was $30 with my zip. He typed it in to verify and came up with the same $218 total I had.

Then to my surprise he said, I can do a little better. How's $209 sound? I went ahead and paid the man. They will be here Tuesday, had to special order them. Thanks for the tip....

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Awesome! Glad it worked out for you.

Thanks bud, poor car has been sitting for over a month with a baseball sized knot growing on the front tire I just haven't been able to get around to messing with it so I covered it up and left it parked in the shop.
    Too bad since the tires still look new. They just don't have a long shelf life. Last year one of the rear tires did the exact same thing and I bought a pair of rear tires then.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I feel I need to replace the OEM tires (yes, OEM) because they are now 10 yrs old, even though they still have a lot of tread. Not looking forward to spending another grand on tires (backs too) like I just did for the Impala.

I feel I need to replace the OEM tires (yes, OEM) because they are now 10 yrs old, even though they still have a lot of tread. Not looking forward to spending another grand on tires (backs too) like I just did for the Impala.
    Yeah tires are getting pricey. This particular car (my Formula) had tires that were every bit of 12 years old, they just devoloped knots out of the blue. Probably didn't have but 10-15,000 miles on them, shame.
    I need another set of Goodyear Polyglass reproductions for my mustang. They were new 25 years ago and have no miles on them. Unfortunately they are now dry rotted and flat spotted from just sitting Current pricing on them are just about $800.
    I'm in a pickle with my 79 1 ton truck with it's odd ball 16.5" rims. Can't find "E" load range tires in a 9.5x16.5 anymore. I'm going to have to buy an aftermarket set of regular 16" wheels just to buy tires for that thing now. That's probably going to put a dent in the pocket book
    I just bought a complete set of 33x10.5 all terrains for my blazer last year. It just never stops for me I guess. I should invest in rubber tire stocks or something I'm about ready to start widdling this crap out of an oak tree

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I'm not quite sure what route I'm going yet for the SS. A big part of me says Mickey Thompson in the rear and a decent all-weather tire up front. The stock Goodyears that came on the car are a ridiculous 270+ a tire. Definitely not going that route. The Nitto 555r DR's in the rear have about 13K miles on them now. Still look good, but my traction is limited in cooler weather. Maybe I'll throw them on the front. Don't like the idea of 4 DR's though. Probably wouldn't make much difference.

The Nitto 555r DR's in the rear have about 13K miles on them now. Still look good, but my traction is limited in cooler weather. Maybe I'll throw them on the front. Don't like the idea of 4 DR's though. Probably wouldn't make much difference.
    I don't know, I've never tried that before. I'm more of a straight line person. Maybe it would work good if you road course it?

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    You were right. Stopped at Tire Discounter and asked for a price match and showed him the paper. He said on internet price matching they have to include shipping. Sounds fair. I told him it was $30 with my zip. He typed it in to verify and came up with the same $218 total I had.

Then to my surprise he said, I can do a little better. How's $209 sound? I went ahead and paid the man. They will be here Tuesday, had to special order them. Thanks for the tip....
    You're welcome Firebird.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

I wouldn't put drag radials on the front but that's just me.

Thread Information