Black
    2001 Z28 M6

38mm offset ZR1's

Does anybody have these installed on a Camaro? I like the look of the wider lip on the rim and thought about getting a set. If you have them did you notice and adverse change in handling and ride? I know this pushes them out a little further, so there is no way you could run 11" on the back without rubbing the fenders.

I am mostly interested in any change in handling. Usually when you install lower offset wheels it tends to give more feedback through the steering that can be pretty bad.

yellow
    1998 Trans AM WS6

I had ZR1 replicas on my TA briefly. I had wheels/tires that still had some wear left on them after I sold my Corvette. I think my offsets were Grand Sport rather than true ZR1.
    The rear tires (315's on 11" rims) did stick out a bit, but the real trouble was that they rubbed in the wheelwell. I didn't feel it, but I saw some rubber accumulated on the trailing arms.
    For grins, I tried the 315's on the front. They were too wide to allow the tire to turn past the fender w/ steering.
    Spacers can be used for clearance, but you have to be vigilant in torquing your lugs.
    My car is strictly for race. The offset for the ZR1 fronts wouldn't clear my Wilwood calipers.
    If you don't have larger brakes/calipers/rotors, you could probably get by w/ 17 X 9.5 rims and run 275 series tires in the rear, maybe a little more narrow in the front.
    In my Corvette, the wider tires helped alot w/ grip and handling. The TA is a little different (no independant rear suspension) so I am learning how to drive it just as fast as the Vette w/ only 275 series tires.

Thread Information