GROUND KONTROL C.O. dneemorelos's Avatar

PEWTER
    2002 Camaro Super Sport

Cool 17's in front, 18's rear.

Anyone know if theres any problems with putting 17's in the front and 18's in the rear??????? I'm pretty close to getting these rims and wanna know if anyone's run into any problems??

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Which wheels? What are the sizes? What kinda rubber are you planning on putting on them? Why not just run 18's all around??

GROUND KONTROL C.O. dneemorelos's Avatar

PEWTER
    2002 Camaro Super Sport

Quote Originally Posted by rajiv1998 View Post
    Which wheels? What are the sizes? What kinda rubber are you planning on putting on them? Why not just run 18's all around??

zo6 2006 wheels
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=220351592327

Don't know what kind of rubber yet.

HERE WE GO STEELERS!!! michaelinchains's Avatar

black
    `99 GTP/`98 formy(sold)

those shouldnt be a problem atall

NBM M6
    2000 SS

Those will work. The largest tire you can put on the 18 inch rim is a 315. But to put the 315 on you will have to shave the bump stop and hammer the inner wheel well a bit. It is not hard at all. I did it on my Z!

triple-black
    2000 CamaroSS convertible

make sure the tire sizes you chose have a very close overall diameter, so that ABS doesn't freak out.
    here are the height for different tire sizes: http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80679
    Eugenio_SS
    almost stock triple-black 2000 SS convertible with 17x11s on all 4 w/ 315s at the track or on the street with 18x10.5s on all 4 w/ 315s: (1), (2)

NBM M6
    2000 SS

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenio_SS View Post
    make sure the tire sizes you chose have a very close overall diameter, so that ABS doesn't freak out.
    here are the height for different tire sizes: http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80679
    Just out of curiosity what do you mean by this? I could not open up what you posted. I am interested cause when I brake hard my abs starts to pulsate really bad for no reason!!!!!!!!!

White over Red
    1991 Suburban

Different diameter tires will rotate at different rpms to cover the same distance. Wheel speed sensors monitor tire rpm. When you use the brake the computer looks at the wheel speeds of all the tires. The computer will see the difference in wheel speed and interpret it at lock up and activate the ABS because two will be rotating fast than the other two..

triple-black

Quote Originally Posted by pewterzron View Post
    Just out of curiosity what do you mean by this? I could not open up what you posted. I am interested cause when I brake hard my abs starts to pulsate really bad for no reason!!!!!!!!!
    maybe because you go to the site without the www. it's a pdf file in a sticky in this section of the forum.

00 TA PWTR, 98 VertTA NBM
    80 TA BLK, 80 Formula NBM

main reason i dont like staggered, is that you cant rotate front to back. imo, go same size wheels, same size tires all around. unless shes a strip/garage queen.

NBM M6
    2000 SS

Quote Originally Posted by thearborbarber View Post
    Different diameter tires will rotate at different rpms to cover the same distance. Wheel speed sensors monitor tire rpm. When you use the brake the computer looks at the wheel speeds of all the tires. The computer will see the difference in wheel speed and interpret it at lock up and activate the ABS because two will be rotating fast than the other two..
    HHHHMMMMMM!! Interesting, did not know dat. I have 17x9.5 and 18x10.5, guess that is what is causing my problems.

triple-black

Quote Originally Posted by pewterzron View Post
    HHHHMMMMMM!! Interesting, did not know dat. I have 17x9.5 and 18x10.5, guess that is what is causing my problems.
    not necessarily... remember that over the wheel, there is the tire... and what counts is the overall diameter of the tire... ie, overall diameter = sidewall of the tire (touching the ground) + size of the rim + sidewall of the tire (the one on top of the wheel)

By looking @ the table I was referring to, you will see the overall size of the tire... and that's what count. If you have a taller tire, it will rotate slower than a small tire... and the ABS will thing one of them is blocking since it's not spinning as fast... and will act accordingly (not necessarily what you want)

NBM M6
    2000 SS

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenio_SS View Post
    not necessarily... remember that over the wheel, there is the tire... and what counts is the overall diameter of the tire... ie, overall diameter = sidewall of the tire (touching the ground) + size of the rim + sidewall of the tire (the one on top of the wheel)

By looking @ the table I was referring to, you will see the overall size of the tire... and that's what count. If you have a taller tire, it will rotate slower than a small tire... and the ABS will thing one of them is blocking since it's not spinning as fast... and will act accordingly (not necessarily what you want)
    Damn, I guess dats why I got an F in math!!!!!! LOL

Thread Information