Thread: Z/28 emblems

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Z/28 emblems

I am interested in the old school 67-69 z/28 emblems. I have found them on ebay, but I have a question about installing them. The factory ones are stickers (Adhesive). But, the older ones have studs with speed nuts. Will I have to drill holes in my fenders? If so, can you get to the inside easily? It seems like a bit of work, considering many people have done this mod.

sure there is molding glue out there to keep from drilling into the side of your car

1999 Chevy Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by BowtieFever
    I am interested in the old school 67-69 z/28 emblems. I have found them on ebay, but I have a question about installing them. The factory ones are stickers (Adhesive). But, the older ones have studs with speed nuts. Will I have to drill holes in my fenders? If so, can you get to the inside easily? It seems like a bit of work, considering many people have done this mod.
    NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooo!!! Don't drill into your body!!

Just use a dremmel and cut off the posts. Then use double sided tape that is used for car emblems (sorry can't remember the name of it, it came in a red package). Autozone sells it. Just tell them what you are doing, they'll point you in the right direction. Cost like $5 bucks. Clean the area with rubbing alcohol and apply. Make sure you put it on right the first time. And remember... Once it's on, it's on!!

These are all older style emblems and required me to cut the posts off to apply (minus the SLP logo, and the bowtie decal ).

Hope this helps.

Rob
    Last edited by graphicsgod; 03-09-2006 at 05:54 AM.

Black
    98 Z/28

Like this??

pewter
    2001 camaro z28

just like they said...double sided tape will do the work

silver
    2002 z-28

i just got my 1969 emblems off of ebay......im going to cut the studs off, and stick them on....looks like they are curved different than my fender...any ideas on that ...did anyone have a problem with them sitting flush ion the fender?

1999 Chevy Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by 2002Z
    i just got my 1969 emblems off of ebay......im going to cut the studs off, and stick them on....looks like they are curved different than my fender...any ideas on that ...did anyone have a problem with them sitting flush ion the fender?
    Easy fix. If it's made of aluminum, just bend it a little to work. If plastic, the double sided tape will force it in the direction of the surface of your car.

Rob

Red
    2000 SLP Camaro SS

They stick with no problem.....I thought the same thing at first but they turned out good (it's gonna take time cuz you have to cut the tape in real small pieces) kinda a pain in the a$$ but it's worth it

Black
    98 Z/28

Just cut the tape and place it on the back.Don't take the backing off. Then hold the badge where you want it. Notice where there are gaps. Peel off the backing.Now cut small pieces to fill those gaps. After the small pieces are in place peel the rest of the backing. Make sure to clean wax off the fender and then place the badge where you want it.

Yellow
    ZO6 Corvette

I pressed my bowtie on (its plastic) the grill by heating it in the oven at 350for abouy 45 min then pressed it over a dowl to get it to conform to the shape of teh pointy grill...thenm I used emblem tape to hold it on

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

sweet

turned out good

Thread Information