Thread: Yellow Fogs

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Yellow Fogs

I want to put a yellow film on my fog lights. Is it possible and how do i do it. I wanna try it and see how it looks, ive seen it on many cars and its either love it or hate it look. Does anyone have any idea on how to do it.

Red
    2002 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    I want to put a yellow film on my fog lights. Is it possible and how do i do it. I wanna try it and see how it looks, ive seen it on many cars and its either love it or hate it look. Does anyone have any idea on how to do it.
    why not just get yellow bulbs? never heard of putting film on em.
    2002 Camaro Z28 Bolt ons, Flowmaster catback w/3" QTP electric cutout, Superchips tuned, Granatelli MAF, SLP cold air induction Lid & filter, ZEX powertune plugs, Taylor 10.4mm wires, 160 T-stat w/fan control, Eibach sportlines & BFG-KDW's on 17" SLP SS rims.

Black
    99 Trans Am(sold)

Quote Originally Posted by nillam1 View Post
    why not just get yellow bulbs? never heard of putting film on em.
    Agreed. Just get yellow bulbs.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

my bad i didnt know you could just do that, were do i go to get yellow bulbs i thought the fogs on our cars were alot different then our headlights. Do you guys know what yellow bulbs might work.

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

ask sexyws6mama she has yellow ones on her car.

Red
    2002 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    my bad i didnt know you could just do that, were do i go to get yellow bulbs i thought the fogs on our cars were alot different then our headlights. Do you guys know what yellow bulbs might work.
    Go HID! Better looking and better vision at night,

Red
    2002 Camaro Z28

If you can't find them locally, ebay has some for cheap. On ebay just search "yellow 884" here is some I found. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/880-8...Q5fAccessories they say there HID but thats baloney, if you read it says HID glass. This might be what you want. or these are cheaper>>http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-Q...Q5fAccessories
    Last edited by nillam1; 09-29-2009 at 06:24 PM.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

Thanks guys for all the help and advice.

Black
    2002 Z28

Go HID! Better looking and better vision at night, Click for full size
    holy shit where can i get those head lights and fog lights...and do you have any pics of it during the day?

Red
    2002 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by F-my-body View Post
    holy shit where can i get those head lights and fog lights...and do you have any pics of it during the day?
    Ebay! There is about 3 or 4 different types of "Dual Halo projector" lights for 98 to 02 Camaro's. Mine are the type with the extra parking light in the middle and 3 LED's on the side and I added an H1 10000K deep blue H.I.D. kit to the low beams with blue LED 194 bulb in the middle parking light and an 880 H.I.D. kit to the fogs. The next style are are dual CCFL halo's with projector without light in middle and the LED's are in a row along the outer bottom edge and the cheaper ones have single halo in the middle. Go to ebay and search "02 Camaro Halo" and all kinds will pop up. If new headlights are too expensive you can add a 9006 H.I.D. kit to your stock headlight housings, this also looks real good. Whatever you decide, good luck. You might be able to buy just 9006 H.I.D. kit locally at auto performance accesories store in your neighbourhood if you want to save on shipping.Her is what they look like in daylight, and with just parking lights,

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

That does look very nice, but expensive I'm sure.

Ebay! There is about 3 or 4 different types of "Dual Halo projector" lights for 98 to 02 Camaro's. Mine are the type with the extra parking light in the middle and 3 LED's on the side and I added an H1 10000K deep blue H.I.D. kit to the low beams with blue LED 194 bulb in the middle parking light and an 880 H.I.D. kit to the fogs. The next style are are dual CCFL halo's with projector without light in middle and the LED's are in a row along the outer bottom edge and the cheaper ones have single halo in the middle. Go to ebay and search "02 Camaro Halo" and all kinds will pop up. If new headlights are too expensive you can add a 9006 H.I.D. kit to your stock headlight housings, this also looks real good. Whatever you decide, good luck. You might be able to buy just 9006 H.I.D. kit locally at auto performance accesories store in your neighbourhood if you want to save on shipping.Her is what they look like in daylight, Click for full size and with just parking lights, Click for full size

Sinister, SixGun
    2001 SS, 2002 L36 M5

+1 for HID's

yellow fogs = JDM

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Eh, the lens of our fogs get hot, film would prolly melt and then discolor the glass. Like everyone says, yellow bulbs..
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

I couldn't agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Eh, the lens of our fogs get hot, film would prolly melt and then discolor the glass. Like everyone says, yellow bulbs..

Sinister, SixGun
    2001 SS, 2002 L36 M5

not trying to say anything bad about your idea...but you realize you'll be in this crowd right?

google results for jdm fog:

2000 Camaro B4C

Quote Originally Posted by Fury_786 View Post
    +1 for HID's

yellow fogs = JDM
    couldnt agree more

Red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

ugh PIAA 510 Fog Lights Ion Crystals. All glass housing will not melt like the stockers

Black
    2002 Z28

Ebay! There is about 3 or 4 different types of "Dual Halo projector" lights for 98 to 02 Camaro's. Mine are the type with the extra parking light in the middle and 3 LED's on the side and I added an H1 10000K deep blue H.I.D. kit to the low beams with blue LED 194 bulb in the middle parking light and an 880 H.I.D. kit to the fogs. The next style are are dual CCFL halo's with projector without light in middle and the LED's are in a row along the outer bottom edge and the cheaper ones have single halo in the middle. Go to ebay and search "02 Camaro Halo" and all kinds will pop up. If new headlights are too expensive you can add a 9006 H.I.D. kit to your stock headlight housings, this also looks real good. Whatever you decide, good luck. You might be able to buy just 9006 H.I.D. kit locally at auto performance accesories store in your neighbourhood if you want to save on shipping.Her is what they look like in daylight, Click for full size and with just parking lights, Click for full size

all this looks sweet but the fogs are a liittttle to pinkish is there any wqay to get more of a purplish tint?

Bright Red
    2000 TA Firehawk 0041/742

Higher temp bulb will give you a more purple hue to the HID bulbs. If you want more of a yellow hue, go with a 3000k bulb.

This HID seller on eBay has a great picture of what the different temps will look like. (I am not endorsing this seller, just notice the picture down the ad.
    Last edited by bberretta; 11-29-2009 at 10:57 PM.

Thread Information