puter/blk
    02 CAMARO Z28

why do I have water in my car

I recently started to have water leaking into the pass side floor board. I thought maybe it was the t tops so I covered the car with a tarp. The tarp covering the t tops and door jams./ window seals. I t did not stop it I still have water in my car ..... please help me with any ideas possible thanks. Im so mad that my baby is getting water in it thanks guys
    [/SIGPIC]granatelli mafs,slp cold air pkg,smooth bellow,ported tb, msd ignition,lt pacesetter headers,off road y pipe,lm2,100 shot.4l60e by performabuilt transmission level 3 3800 stall and 3.73's gears,cut outs, bmr suspension , control arms, phb, sub frame connectors,3.5 aluminum drive line

SILVER
    2000 Z/28

Sounds like it could be your heater core.
    Lt's,SFC,3,600 Fuddle stall,Spohn Adj. tunnel mount torque arm, BMR LCA,Ls6 intake,Air lid,Under drive pulley,S60 rear,Frost tune and a few more things I cant remember.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

if it smells like anti-freeze it's your heater core but most likely your condensation drain is clogged up.....there's a drain on the passenger firewall under the car. Should be able to just run a coat hanger up that drain and free the clog.

Black
    2000 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by WILDKARDBOYZ View Post
    I recently started to have water leaking into the pass side floor board. I thought maybe it was the t tops so I covered the car with a tarp. The tarp covering the t tops and door jams./ window seals. I t did not stop it I still have water in my car ..... please help me with any ideas possible thanks. Im so mad that my baby is getting water in it thanks guys
    Ditto, my first guess also; heater core going out.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I would say 90% of the time when I see these threads it's the condensation drain.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    if it smells like anti-freeze it's your heater core but most likely your condensation drain is clogged up.....there's a drain on the passenger firewall under the car. Should be able to just run a coat hanger up that drain and free the clog.
    would you be able to show what this looks like im actually curious. i dont have this problem but my old v6 used too

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

You have to lift the car and look for a rubber spout coming out of the firewall pointing downward. Once you get the coat hanger or compressed air in the spout, water should come rushing out immediately.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by SSickLS1 View Post
    would you be able to show what this looks like im actually curious. i dont have this problem but my old v6 used too
    there's a link to a picture in this thread......... it's of a 95 but they're all basically the same.

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f6/water-l...ning-c-158642/

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    there's a link to a picture in this thread......... it's of a 95 but they're all basically the same.

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f6/water-l...ning-c-158642/
    no i never had any water leak into the cabin from running the AC, just like i had my car parked nose pointed downwards on my driveway and we had bad rain, and then i checked my pass side under the mat and it was soaked, and it was a hardtop so idk? :/

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by SSickLS1 View Post
    no i never had any water leak into the cabin from running the AC, just like i had my car parked nose pointed downwards on my driveway and we had bad rain, and then i checked my pass side under the mat and it was soaked, and it was a hardtop so idk? :/
    same drain though.....yours could've been a window seal or something leaking but 9 out of 10 times if you're passenger carpet is wet and doesn't smell like antifreeze it's that drain.

puter/blk
    02 CAMARO Z28

no it doesnt smell like antifreeze its water everytime it rains it does it looks like its coming from the seal behind the door then transfers under the seat to the pass floor board

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Take off some of the paneling on the interior and have someone spray the car with the hose while your inside to try and isolate it.

Thread Information