Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    2000 Camaro B4C

where oh where can i find a CME Valance

Ive been searching and searching but cant find anything. im looking to find a CME kit and Valance. I can find tons of tips and elbows but not one valance....any clues, anyone???
    2000 B4C Special Service Package Z28 - Kooks 1&7/8 Stepped 2'' - TSP Torquer V.2 - FAST 92/92 - BDR 4000 Conveter - Xtreme Trans Stage II - Full UMI Suspension - Pacesetter LT's - Comp Drag Shocks - Magnaflow - Cutout - ZO6 MAF - FTP LID - Street Tuned -

2000 Camaro B4C

bingo! thanks a ton

Black
    2000 T/A

awesome camaro btw

2000 Camaro B4C

thanks

i really think the CME will make the car

Join the PHK @ thephk.org Sommer86@6LE's Avatar

Red
    2001 Camaro SS

Yeah 6litereaterdesigns.com is the place to find them. He's got a few different tips and I even bought my valance from him.

2000 Camaro B4C

Quote Originally Posted by Sommer86 View Post
    Yeah 6litereaterdesigns.com is the place to find them. He's got a few different tips and I even bought my valance from him.
    yeah ill be dropping a mint through them on the CME package

Red
    2001 Camaro SS

You gotta pay to play.

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Yeah that dude knows the demand for the CME valance is huge.
    He does this thing where he claims he "only has 10 left" and after that they are gone!!!!
    I wish someone else would start making them for a reasonable price. That guy does have some cool items though ans makes some badass exhaust tips.

He came out with a dual valance for reg dual exhaust which is mack too- but I want a cme more.
    Last edited by LETHALxLS1; 10-18-2009 at 10:59 PM.

Red
    2001 Camaro SS

Mark (6LE), is actually a good friend of mine. He has actually found a new manufacturer for the valances as well as hoods, and a widebody kit he's working on. 2 months ago his last CME maker had a death in the family, went away and never told anyone. Mark had 10 CME orders and had to refund $3-4k in sales since the valances couldn't being made. When he said he had 10 left, he actually had 10. Then those quickly sold out.

Now his new manufacturer has a bigger warehouse and the ability to make more product faster.

His splitter and newest valance, the dual dual valance, is on the new GM High Tech Performance project car. You can see it in this months issue.

Join the PHK
    2009 LS1.com Calendar Car

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

I am not even going to get into it but I read the mold got run over and destroyed.
    The site says "made in house"

Whatever..............
    Last edited by LETHALxLS1; 10-19-2009 at 12:36 PM.

2000 Camaro B4C

Either way I could care less. The guy does make/sell some cool stuff. The CME tip he makes with the lip/polished is so nice! I hope he does have more cme's I want one in the future. He has a very nice webstore too.[/QUOTE]

yeah the website is great and it wouldnt hurt my feelings if the price went down thats for sure

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by Z28boy2000 View Post
    Either way I could care less. The guy does make/sell some cool stuff. The CME tip he makes with the lip/polished is so nice! I hope he does have more cme's I want one in the future. He has a very nice webstore too.
    yeah the website is great and it wouldnt hurt my feelings if the price went down thats for sure[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly!

NBM
    1998 Z28

I know it can get confusing on tech with all the different posts but Sommer86 had it the closest...(by the way, this is 6LITEREATER, I started off as 5LITEREATER but that name was taken on tech, lol!).

So, originally SLP made them, they stopped.

Then a guy named Eric stepped up and made them (WAY before I ever sold anything). The demand on tech was too low for him to pay the fees so he just sold to a few locals who back doored them on tech and then two other people one ebay across the country.

I knew what the back door guys were paying and offered to buy from them (one had already had his paypal account shut down due to selling so much without the business upgrade) I was trying to do him a favor but he was greedy so I went straight to Eric.

This worked GREAT. He actually sold to me for $50 less than the two other ebay guys and discontinued (for the most part) selling to anyone else who was selling on tech. The price I paid was a shipped price, I didn't have to touch them. I sold them for $350 making a $50 profit while others were selling the same thing on ebay for $700+...

Worked so well I talked him into making the DE Valance for me. Two pieces were shipped before THAT mold (not a CME mold) got destroyed. A total of 10 had been made (I had to buy 10 at a time to get for $300, otherwise it was $350 and I sold for $400).

Considering it took awhile to sell those 10, he never wanted to make another mold for it...

Then, when I was about 10 orders deep (supposedly shipping) he dissappeared. No e-mail, phone, message boards, etc... for almost a month.

Finally he popped back up. Unfortunately, his mom was in an accident and he had rushed out of country to see her. Sadly, she died. He didn't have international phone service and the internet access was in Chinese so I didn't hear from him until he got back.

When he got back supposedly it was going to be business as usual. Well, it wasn't. Nothing went out and he dissappeared again, this time for good leaving me with $3500 in refunds and I had already paid him $3000 of that (which took forever to get back but I did through CC company).

So, I still wanted to get these made but he was the ONLY ONE in the country making them. I ripped my DE Valance off my car and bought a CME Valance BACK from a customer.

I took it to Extreme Designs to have them replicate it, which they were (for about $3000 a piece private label). HOWEVER, they couldn't mold it off of urethane, had to be stiff, so I had to find someone to mold them before I could have someone mold them !

My waterjet guy said that he had a guy who does all these wide body kits for Mercedes and stuff. I talked to him and we set it up. We did all the mold making "in house" meaning at the shop that I make all my other stuff (it is CMJRacing, Jameel's the owner but he does all my stuff there and over the past year we've just done business together, this and other stuff).

It was supposed to be $150 per mold, then it turned into $200. It was supposed to be $150 per piece (which would have been GREAT) but that turned into $250 due to time and having to use pieces from two molds to make them work (there is an inner bracket, etc... that is glassed in). That turned into $300 a piece when we decided to use a fancier flexible fiberglass.

So, my cost is $300 BEFORE hardware (sounds retarded but $10 goes into 3M tape and body pins). I have $310 in it and sell for local pick up at $350.

Shipping is another cluster f@ck. I pay $15 per box (and I use two boxes per piece, each box is about $8 but when you add in freight shipping to me it is another $7) then pretty much a ROLL of packaging tape (these things are 67" x 30" x 4").

So, that's another $22 in costs BEFORE I have shipped it. However, shipping would be cheap, so I thought. "Courtesy quote" (what the charge shows up as when I print the label) was $20.

SO, for the first TEN I shipped, I ONLY CHARGED the customers $350 BECAUSE they were the ones who got stiffed originally and stuck around and still wanted to order from me. I THOUGHT I was just breaking even, maybe taking a SLIGHT hit from the 3% paypal charge.

THEN, I got my first Fed Ex bill the other week. The $20 charges turned into $90 charges (I fudged the 67" number to 66", because I knew it made a $70 difference, and they actually measured them and recharged me).

SO, for a SHIPPED valance I'm looking at $310 + $22 +$90 which equals $422. I was charging $450 on my site but did a GP for $400 for the recent ones (sold another 10 of those before the bill came in) where I lost another $22 per piece NOT INCLUDING paypal fees.

If I sell one for $450, I get about $435 after paypal fees for something that is costing me $422 NOT INCLUDING time, gas, etc... So yeah, unless I sell these on GPs (where I get them cheaper for paying in bulk) or I get a better shipping rate there will be a $25 price increase soon

Of course NONE of this includes printing the instructions, the business cards that go with them, sponsorship fees, web fees, etc...

All that said, before you start getting attitude about pricing (only talking to one person on here) look into what it takes to actual get a product to someone. People wonder why things don't get made for our cars, this is why.

NBM
    1998 Z28

Also, thanks to everyone for all the compliments in here Nice to hear when you're sleeping 6 hours a night (on the good nights) and spending the rest of your days on the net or picking up/shipping parts (just to have a business that's in the negative because I keep throwing money at new parts, and believe it or not, should be charging more) !

2000 Camaro B4C

Quote Originally Posted by 5LITEREATER View Post
    Also, thanks to everyone for all the compliments in here Nice to hear when you're sleeping 6 hours a night (on the good nights) and spending the rest of your days on the net or picking up/shipping parts (just to have a business that's in the negative because I keep throwing money at new parts, and believe it or not, should be charging more) !
    Your shop has some of the finest and custom parts avail for out cars....keep up the good work and ill be ordering my cme kit after xmass can't wait to get it on my car. Thanks for the 150% efford you put into your work it is appreciated

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

I know it can get confusing on tech with all the different posts but Sommer86 had it the closest...(by the way, this is 6LITEREATER, I started off as 5LITEREATER but that name was taken on tech, lol!).

So, originally SLP made them, they stopped.

Then a guy named Eric stepped up and made them (WAY before I ever sold anything). The demand on tech was too low for him to pay the fees so he just sold to a few locals who back doored them on tech and then two other people one ebay across the country.

I knew what the back door guys were paying and offered to buy from them (one had already had his paypal account shut down due to selling so much without the business upgrade) I was trying to do him a favor but he was greedy so I went straight to Eric.

This worked GREAT. He actually sold to me for $50 less than the two other ebay guys and discontinued (for the most part) selling to anyone else who was selling on tech. The price I paid was a shipped price, I didn't have to touch them. I sold them for $350 making a $50 profit while others were selling the same thing on ebay for $700+...

Worked so well I talked him into making the DE Valance for me. Two pieces were shipped before THAT mold (not a CME mold) got destroyed. A total of 10 had been made (I had to buy 10 at a time to get for $300, otherwise it was $350 and I sold for $400).

Considering it took awhile to sell those 10, he never wanted to make another mold for it...

Then, when I was about 10 orders deep (supposedly shipping) he dissappeared. No e-mail, phone, message boards, etc... for almost a month.

Finally he popped back up. Unfortunately, his mom was in an accident and he had rushed out of country to see her. Sadly, she died. He didn't have international phone service and the internet access was in Chinese so I didn't hear from him until he got back.

When he got back supposedly it was going to be business as usual. Well, it wasn't. Nothing went out and he dissappeared again, this time for good leaving me with $3500 in refunds and I had already paid him $3000 of that (which took forever to get back but I did through CC company).

So, I still wanted to get these made but he was the ONLY ONE in the country making them. I ripped my DE Valance off my car and bought a CME Valance BACK from a customer.

I took it to Extreme Designs to have them replicate it, which they were (for about $3000 a piece private label). HOWEVER, they couldn't mold it off of urethane, had to be stiff, so I had to find someone to mold them before I could have someone mold them !

My waterjet guy said that he had a guy who does all these wide body kits for Mercedes and stuff. I talked to him and we set it up. We did all the mold making "in house" meaning at the shop that I make all my other stuff (it is CMJRacing, Jameel's the owner but he does all my stuff there and over the past year we've just done business together, this and other stuff).

It was supposed to be $150 per mold, then it turned into $200. It was supposed to be $150 per piece (which would have been GREAT) but that turned into $250 due to time and having to use pieces from two molds to make them work (there is an inner bracket, etc... that is glassed in). That turned into $300 a piece when we decided to use a fancier flexible fiberglass.

So, my cost is $300 BEFORE hardware (sounds retarded but $10 goes into 3M tape and body pins). I have $310 in it and sell for local pick up at $350.

Shipping is another cluster f@ck. I pay $15 per box (and I use two boxes per piece, each box is about $8 but when you add in freight shipping to me it is another $7) then pretty much a ROLL of packaging tape (these things are 67" x 30" x 4").

So, that's another $22 in costs BEFORE I have shipped it. However, shipping would be cheap, so I thought. "Courtesy quote" (what the charge shows up as when I print the label) was $20.

SO, for the first TEN I shipped, I ONLY CHARGED the customers $350 BECAUSE they were the ones who got stiffed originally and stuck around and still wanted to order from me. I THOUGHT I was just breaking even, maybe taking a SLIGHT hit from the 3% paypal charge.

THEN, I got my first Fed Ex bill the other week. The $20 charges turned into $90 charges (I fudged the 67" number to 66", because I knew it made a $70 difference, and they actually measured them and recharged me).

SO, for a SHIPPED valance I'm looking at $310 + $22 +$90 which equals $422. I was charging $450 on my site but did a GP for $400 for the recent ones (sold another 10 of those before the bill came in) where I lost another $22 per piece NOT INCLUDING paypal fees.

If I sell one for $450, I get about $435 after paypal fees for something that is costing me $422 NOT INCLUDING time, gas, etc... So yeah, unless I sell these on GPs (where I get them cheaper for paying in bulk) or I get a better shipping rate there will be a $25 price increase soon

Of course NONE of this includes printing the instructions, the business cards that go with them, sponsorship fees, web fees, etc...

All that said, before you start getting attitude about pricing (only talking to one person on here) look into what it takes to actual get a product to someone. People wonder why things don't get made for our cars, this is why.
    Cool story bro!

NBM
    1998 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by LETHALxLS1 View Post
    Cool story bro!
    I know it can look like price gouging without knowing the whole story, and the whole story was out there just in pieces. First time I put it all down in order myself, it explains why I'm behind the bullet on finances right now though

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

I am glad you can take a joke man! Most can't. I am glad you posted the whole story. I knew they were going for $350 -even $300 for a short period of time special sale (I believe) hence $450 seemed a bit high. Thanks for taking the time to explain the deal.
    I did mention you have nice merch etc.- and wish you nothing but success.

NBM
    1998 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by LETHALxLS1 View Post
    I am glad you can take a joke man! Most can't. I am glad you posted the whole story. I knew they were going for $350 -even $300 for a short period of time special sale (I believe) hence $450 seemed a bit high. Thanks for taking the time to explain the deal.
    I did mention you have nice merch etc.- and wish you nothing but success.
    No worries, I saw you complimented everything multiple times as well. Trust me, I understand. I sell spoilers for $250, bigger and more complicated pieces and then a CME Valance for $450. It looks shady without knowing the reasons...

2000 Camaro B4C

No worries, I saw you complimented everything multiple times as well. Trust me, I understand. I sell spoilers for $250, bigger and more complicated pieces and then a CME Valance for $450. It looks shady without knowing the reasons...
    thanks for letting us know....its always good to know who the good guys are in retail out there

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information