Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

silver
    98 z28 camaro

what route should i go

ok folks so i have a silver 98 camaro with the black rear view mirrors
    and im not 100% sure what mods to do i would really appreciate it if u guys gave my your opinions or if u guys posted pixs of your mods
    i all ready do know that i want a ss hood,ss spoiler, and black zr1's
    im confused about what color i should paint my scoop if i should paint my taillight panel black like the bergers and if i should do the whistler mods or go with black halos and what about the grill and corner lenses and im also intrested in putting VHT on my tail lights but that all depends on what the other mods look like first thanks in advance
    and sorry for flooding u guys with questions

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Quote Originally Posted by ls1 miguel View Post
    ok folks so i have a silver 98 camaro with the black rear view mirrors
    and im not 100% sure what mods to do i would really appreciate it if u guys gave my your opinions or if u guys posted pixs of your mods
    i all ready do know that i want a ss hood,ss spoiler, and black zr1's
    im confused about what color i should paint my scoop if i should paint my taillight panel black like the bergers and if i should do the whistler mods or go with black halos and what about the grill and corner lenses and im also intrested in putting VHT on my tail lights but that all depends on what the other mods look like first thanks in advance
    and sorry for flooding u guys with questions
    Sounds like your trying to be a ricer with those mods. Sorry but it does. Forget the taillights and halo's. If you want them then go buy a honda. Also with the ss hood and spoiler again if you want that look, you should have bought a SS. I wouldn't waste my time or money on any of the mods you stated except the ZR1's. Put your money towards performance or a nicer set of rims.

GROUND KONTROL C.O. dneemorelos's Avatar

PEWTER
    2002 Camaro Super Sport

Quote Originally Posted by adam3566 View Post
    Sounds like your trying to be a ricer with those mods. Sorry but it does. Forget the taillights and halo's. If you want them then go buy a honda. Also with the ss hood and spoiler again if you want that look, you should have bought a SS. I wouldn't waste my time or money on any of the mods you stated except the ZR1's. Put your money towards performance or a nicer set of rims.
    I would say do what u want. customizing the tail lights and changing the headlights does not make that ricey. lol. It just makes u unique. PLENTY of people have halo's and different tail lights, mine are l.e.d. and I plan on getting the projector headlights. I do agree with one thing tho, I wouldn't spend all that money with the hood and spoiler, they don't come cheap and then u gotta paint it and everything. Spend all that money on performance mods instead.
    Last edited by dneemorelos; 01-27-2009 at 04:32 AM.

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Quote Originally Posted by dneemorelos View Post
    I would say do what u want. customizing the tail lights and changing the headlights does not make that ricey. lol. It just makes u unique. PLENTY of people have halo's and different tail lights, mine are l.e.d. and I plan on getting the projector headlights. I do agree with one thing tho, I wouldn't spend all that money with the hood and spoiler, they don't come cheap and then u gotta paint it and everything. Spend all that money on performance mods instead.
    Halos look like shit on every 4th gen. T/A or camaro they all look ricey to me and most people. So if i throw a huge ass wing on my vette then I am being "unique"? No, not a chance. To each is own I guess, but he asked a question and I stated my opinion.

GROUND KONTROL C.O. dneemorelos's Avatar

PEWTER
    2002 Camaro Super Sport

Halos look like shit on every 4th gen. T/A or camaro they all look ricey to me and most people. So if i throw a huge ass wing on my vette then I am being "unique"? No, not a chance. To each is own I guess, but he asked a question and I stated my opinion.
    Yes, u are being unique, it looks ridiculous IMO, but ur being different. lol.Ur confusing the definition of unique, and ur liking of something. Just because u don't agree with it doesn't make it "NOT" unique. But halos and a monster spoiler on a vette are two different things. Halo's are pretty common on maro's nowadays............vette's with wings bigger than a boeing are not. lol.
    Last edited by dneemorelos; 01-28-2009 at 03:36 AM.

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

its your car do what you want to it. if you want all that stuff look in the used parts area and you may find a good hood and what not. and look at the members rides and you sould find a lot of pics of stuff like the halos.

BLACK
    2001 T/A VERT.

all ready do know that i want a ss hood,ss spoiler, and black zr1's

OK , YOU KNOW THAT YOU WANT THIS...... START HERE
    THEN DECIDE ON WHAT MORE YOU WAN'T

SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD START I WOULDN'T VHT THE LIGHT W/ BERGER MOD

Blue 1997 Trans Am(Sold)
    Pewter 2001 Trans Am Vert

my own opinion, I like the halo headlights, berger mod on certain colors, I don't care for zr1 rims and HATE black rims... no offense TTS ... just my .02$ post up pics of how that car stands as of now when you get a chance.

Pewter
    Y2K WS6

I don't think what your talking sounds tasteful. I really like the manta stripes ( you can search and find pics) on a camaro. I would prob do the berger pannel, but it's a personal choice, i wouldn't black the tail lights. Halo's.... well if you want to spend the money fine. but there is no need you can do some real performance mods instead.

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by stevenm357 View Post
    I don't think what your talking sounds tasteful. I really like the manta stripes ( you can search and find pics) on a camaro. I would prob do the berger pannel, but it's a personal choice, i wouldn't black the tail lights. Halo's.... well if you want to spend the money fine. but there is no need you can do some real performance mods instead.
    Exactly what I basically said. Halo's and blacked out taillights are ricer. I don't care what anyone states how cool they are, there still rice when you come down to it.

Blue 1997 Trans Am(Sold)
    Pewter 2001 Trans Am Vert

Exactly what I basically said. Halo's and blacked out taillights are ricer. I don't care what anyone states how cool they are, there still rice when you come down to it.
    well if not the halo's if I had a camaro I would deffinately do the whistler mod... they look gay without it... blacked out tailights I agree look like shit on a pole...

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

Man, you guys are harsh. I think all of what he said would look good on certain vehicles. Maybe not all together, maybe not on his, but I've seen them all, including the VHT look awesome on different cars.

OP, I'll give you a little rundown of what I've done and am going to do so you might get a few ideas. Mines a 2000 NBM SS. I've done the clear corners (not the euro shit, the ones that look just like factory except their frosted. I think Depo makes them), new style Cobalt/Impala/etc. SS emblems and the matching turbocharged emblems found on the Cobalts, its got a carbon fiber hood SS that I'm either gonna replace with a Sunoco or paint all of it except the center insert in the scoop so its carbon fiber instead of the usual semigloss black, and to match, I might get my splitter wrapped in carbon fiber (if not paint it NBM) along with possibly a carbon fiber berger, again, instead of the usual semigloss black, probably gonna go with a silver manta stripe (not the entire scoop overlay, it basically goes down the sides and over the back of the scoop), orange or yellow Grand Sport stripes on the fender (believe it or not they look REALLY good on the NBM) with matching calipers, I'm gonna paint my billet grill black, its already got Torque Thrust M's, gonna go with CME (have the tips, just need valence), export taillights, and YES I probably will get a set of the projector headlights. They look good believe it or not. The black ones look like shit though... And lastly (and probably the biggest appearance mod) will be the carbon fiber targa top conversion from 6LiterEaterDesigns with the carbon fiber sail panel to match. Should look sick. Kinda be a ZR1 Camaro. lol
    Last edited by squee; 02-02-2009 at 06:31 PM.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Bouvers View Post
    if I had a camaro I would deffinately do the whistler mod... they look gay without it...
    Camaro's look gay without a whistler mod?

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Camaro's look gay without a whistler mod?
    No...

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by squee View Post
    No...
    I want to hear his reasoning

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

Quote Originally Posted by squee View Post
    Man, you guys are harsh. I think all of what he said would look good on certain vehicles. Maybe not all together, maybe not on his, but I've seen them all, including the VHT look awesome on different cars.

OP, I'll give you a little rundown of what I've done and am going to do so you might get a few ideas. Mines a 2000 NBM SS. I've done the clear corners (not the euro shit, the ones that look just like factory except their frosted. I think Depo makes them), new style Cobalt/Impala/etc. SS emblems and the matching turbocharged emblems found on the Cobalts, its got a carbon fiber hood SS that I'm either gonna replace with a Sunoco or paint all of it except the center insert in the scoop so its carbon fiber instead of the usual semigloss black, and to match, I might get my splitter wrapped in carbon fiber (if not paint it NBM) along with possibly a carbon fiber berger, again, instead of the usual semigloss black, probably gonna go with a silver manta stripe (not the entire scoop overlay, it basically goes down the sides and over the back of the scoop), orange or yellow Grand Sport stripes on the fender (believe it or not they look REALLY good on the NBM) with matching calipers, I'm gonna paint my billet grill black, its already got Torque Thrust M's, gonna go with CME (have the tips, just need valence), export taillights, and YES I probably will get a set of the projector headlights. They look good believe it or not. The black ones look like shit though... And lastly (and probably the biggest appearance mod) will be the carbon fiber targa top conversion from 6LiterEaterDesigns with the carbon fiber sail panel to match. Should look sick. Kinda be a ZR1 Camaro. lol
    Don't take it the wrong way, but your the exact reason why ALOT of older people are getting rid of their T/A's and Camaros. There becoming so cheap that a lot of young kids like yourself are getting them and turning them into somewhat ricey. I know everyone has there own taste, but believe in what I am saying. It's not just me, over half the people on other ls1 forums and ls1tech say the exact same thing.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

Don't take it the wrong way, but your the exact reason why ALOT of older people are getting rid of their T/A's and Camaros. There becoming so cheap that a lot of young kids like yourself are getting them and turning them into somewhat ricey. I know everyone has there own taste, but believe in what I am saying. It's not just me, over half the people on other ls1 forums and ls1tech say the exact same thing.
    Well first off, I don't care what you think, you think tinting the tails darker with VHT is rice. Thats pretty fucking stupid considering a TON of people do that (quite a few of them on T/As no less) and it looks VERY good on darker cars. Hardly rice. Maybe some Altezza taillights would be rice, but hardly tinting them darker. Second, I probably paid more for my car than you did for yours, so Whats age and price got to do with it? Nothing. Since when did export taillights (aka FACTORY taillights on cars sent overseas from 93-97) and billet grills become rice? It didn't, hasn't and never will. If you don't like the CME, the your outa your fucking mind, and if you don't like the splitter, step in line, cause thats a hit or miss thing, but I like it (along many others) and thats all that matters. If its the carbon fiber your referring to being ricey, then you really need to check into a mental institute. I guess a $100,000 ZR1 is ricey too, right? Cause if you didn't realize the roof and sail panel on them is also carbon fiber.

Oh, and just for the hell of it, heres a picture of my car before the emblems and billet grill.

Looks real ricey, huh?
    Last edited by squee; 02-02-2009 at 07:23 PM.

black Silver
    06 silverado/ 06 C6

You paid for more which my c6 or my t/a that was a track car and probably had more money in the motor and trans than your riced out p.o.s is worth. My T/A is sold now thank you. Did I ever once state " do you care what I think" nope so kiss my ass. Don't get all butthurt because your feelings got hurt and you know it's the truth. You really seem to me taking what I stated to heart. Must have figured out I was telling the truth and you know it. Theres about 10 board members on here that have met me in person and will tell you, my cars are not close to rice as yours seem to be. Never said a thing about carbon fiber, don't know were your pulling that out of your ass at. And tinted taillights, yes there about as ugly and ricey as you get. ZR1 ricey? Again never said that, you appear to be quite ignorant and quite stupid. Your comments you pull out of your ass go no were. So flip me off all you like and go get yourself an education if you can afford one...
    Last edited by adam3566; 02-02-2009 at 07:51 PM.

hugger orange

you've seen some some pics of my goat.....ricer, maybe.....but, I haven't seen any hondas around that can run me

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

You paid for more which my c6 or my t/a that was a track car and probably had more money in the motor and trans than your riced out p.o.s is worth. My T/A is sold now thank you. Did I ever once state " do you care what I think" nope so kiss my ass. Don't get all butthurt because your feelings got hurt and you know it's the truth. You really seem to me taking what I stated to heart. Must have figured out I was telling the truth and you know it. Theres about 10 board members on here that have met me in person and will tell you, my cars are not close to rice as yours seem to be. Never said a thing about carbon fiber, don't know were your pulling that out of your ass at. And tinted taillights, yes there about as ugly and ricey as you get. ZR1 ricey? Again never said that, you appear to be quite ignorant and quite stupid. Your comments you pull out of your ass go no were. So flip me off all you like and go get yourself an education if you can afford one...
    Right...Cause its real ricey huh? Whats so rice about my car, huh? You said the things I planned on doing to it where ricey, so what from that list was so rice? Updated the emblems to newer style SS? The carbon fiber parts (which is what most would think would be rice, so I assumed thats what you were referring to)? The different GM taillights? Or wait, is the clear corners the rice part, cause thats not common.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information