Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tints

white
    1999 camaro z28

Tints

i was wondering how dark to go on my 99 white z28. Does anyone have pics of there tints. i would like to see what they look like before i buy.

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by fastz99
    i was wondering how dark to go on my 99 white z28. Does anyone have pics of there tints. i would like to see what they look like before i buy.
    No pics...
    I'd say 5% on rear hatch and 20% on door windows man...

Quicksilver Metallic
    2005 Pontiac GTO

Oh, sorry, I thought the title of this post was "tits" not "tints". My bad...

white
    1999 camaro z28

im just trying to get ideas thanks

I Think, Therefore Z-28 Corvettekid82's Avatar

Triple Black
    2001 Z-28 Vert

I had 5% on my Coupe

and %2 on the Vert

Visibility is BAD at night, but I love the looks and in FL the heat gets unbearable.

Big Nasty

Artic White
    1998 Trans Am

When I bough my TA it had 8 on the windows and hatch. Looked great but sucked at night. In all honesty, it was a little dangerous. There were several times that I would have to roll down the windows when turning onto a dimly lit road at night. Got pulled over by a cop and was informed that Idaho law was 17 for the sides. I had them redone and they look fine. Not as cool as the 8's but a lot better at night.
    98 TA LS1/M6........79 Formula 400/TH400
    "I got the shakes that'll make you quake! I got the fries that'll cross your eyes! I got that burgers that'll... I just got burgers." - Cheeseburger Eddie

BIGRED Z
    Not sure how well you can see the rear window, but it is 17% tint. Same is on the side windows. Looks good, but I have to roll the window down at night if I'm backing up in unfamiliar territory.

Lori
    Last edited by BIGRED Z; 07-29-2006 at 03:02 PM.

NBM
    2001 Trans Am WS6

I have limo on the back which i think is 5% and 20% on the sides.

white
    1999 camaro z28

how bad is it at night to drive with the limo on the back. Is it bad at night on the sides too.

Sebring Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

This is the first thing you want to find out .. what is legal in your area ... because if you live in an asshole area .. the first cop who sees you with darkass tint is going to ticket you .. and youll have to remove it or be targeted for more tickets.. so Id find out your legal limits.. I have been pulled nuuuuuuuuumerous times for tint.. Theres ways to get out of it but its just better to find out whats legal and then go maybe a little darker than that .. because most of the time if its close they wont mess with you but if its obvious youll get fucked with every time..

With that being said tint the back hatch dark as you want .. most cops dont have a two piece meter to test tint .. only the slotted one that slides down on your side windows.. so theres no way for them to test the hatch .. and they cant just say .. from their human eye it was too dark.

as for the sides In virginia the side roll downs you can only have %50 percent... most people do %35 and they dont get messed with .. daytime driving is easy to get away with the close to legal tint .. night time with windows up is when it screws you with the darker tint.

havin the back hatch blacked out limo isnt that bad .. but youll have to use your mirrors alot for backingup and lane changin to keep from hittin something

On a white car with the black accent roof th black tint would be the best
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g154/illcul8troffcr/My%20SS/signaturew.jpg
    2002 Camaro SS #1539
    MTI Clear AirLid /Magnaflow catback/Polished Hotchkis Strut Tower Brace/K&N Filter/Bilstein Suspension/
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/553601
    http://www.fquick.com/illcul8troffcr

Black
    2002 Camaro Z28 6-spd

here's a law most people don't know about. in some states, you can get a medical exepemtion for tints. its mainly for people who have astigmatism, but a great excuse to have em

Sebring Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

no its called having photophobia.. basically saying you have a sensitivity to uv or bright light requiring you have to have your windows tinted dark including your front window.. any cool optometrist will write the prescription basically .. and yes thatll get you out of the tint issue everytime trust me haha I know first hand and the asshole cops who love writing you for tint despise seeing when you pull out your lil get out of dealing with assholes free pass showing them you have a prescription for it

Sebring Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

heres a tight lil pic my friend took of my windows after I first got them .. basically showing how reflective they were

Sebring Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

Perfect mirror at the right angle I love it on silver cars.. I had it on my Charcoal Grey 91 GTA also ..

I've run 20% on basically every vehicle I've ever owned and would say it's perfect. It's dark enough in the day time and not too dark at night to cause visibility problems. And (knock on wood) I've never been hassled by the cops with 20% tint, but there's a first time for everything.

Joe.

Sebring Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by big_hink
    I've run 20% on basically every vehicle I've ever owned and would say it's perfect. It's dark enough in the day time and not too dark at night to cause visibility problems. And (knock on wood) I've never been hassled by the cops with 20% tint, but there's a first time for everything.

Joe.
    uh oh you just fuckedup.. haha usually when someone says that they get a certificate .. haha thats what me and my boys call tickets .. cause it seems everytime one of us gets one and tells the other about .. calling it the infamous T-word.. ticket.. the one who got told .. gets a damn ticket within a day or week or so .. so we say .. watch out .. dont get a certificate .. haha

Silver
    99 Trans Am

I live in KY and bought my car in IN and got it inspected and I have no clue what percent it is but its pretty dark and illegal where I live

Anyway the cop that checked it was cool and said it was no big deal but he did show how they check it here. They take your license and put it against the inside window and look into the glass if they can read your info your good if not you got a ticket

I tried this and could not read my info on the license

Sebring Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 99m6t/a
    I live in KY and bought my car in IN and got it inspected and I have no clue what percent it is but its pretty dark and illegal where I live

Anyway the cop that checked it was cool and said it was no big deal but he did show how they check it here. They take your license and put it against the inside window and look into the glass if they can read your info your good if not you got a ticket

I tried this and could not read my info on the license

A redneck tint meter... where Im from they actually have an electronic meter that slides down on the glass

SILVER
    1999 CAMARO SS

i wanna do tints but the cops here in chicago are real crazy about all that stuff
    Whisper Lid/SLP HarmonicBalancer/MAFTranslator/DiabloTuner A-Pillar Gauges (Aem Uego A/F,Trans Temp, D-Pic)Magnaflow CB w/CME Tips/ Eibach Pro Kit/ Brembo Cross Drilled/Slotted Rotors/ H.I.D.Kit

Red
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Tints

Does anyone know of a good place in Frederick Md that does tinting?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information