Thread: so...

artic white/black stripes
    97 TA

Talking so...

ive been working on getting my t/a up to the standards a t/a should be at for a bit now and i have now moved on to the exterior appearance portion and had a quick question.

the previous put trans am wording over the pontiac wording on the back of my t/a and i have gotten tired of seeing her that way

anyways i was pulling at it to see if i could rip it off but am kinda scared of ruining he paint...so basically i want to know if these letters are just possible of being pulled off or if i should use some special technique...im pretty sure the letters are glued on currently

any input is always appreciated

'99 -- Z/28 -- Pewter

should be glued. try getting some fishing line and working it in behind it. same way you'd go about removing the door/side moldings.

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

what jason said...warm the glue up with a blow drier..then use fishing line and wiggle it to break the emblem free..after that get some 3m adhessive remover and work your magic....it will come off...i agree that shit needs to be off..looks bad imho

97 TA

thanks for the input guys. ya i figured it would be pretty similar to removing the side moldings but then again i would have no idea how to get those off properly either xD

but ya ok ill give the blow dryer fishing line technique a go...and trust me it looks a lot more taky in person

'99 -- Z/28 -- Pewter

Good luck. let us know how it goes.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

that looks so terrible!!!
    hot hair dryer FTW-it takes more patience, but more of the adhesive comes off.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Do I spy FUs over the rear plate?

Blue 1997 Trans Am(Sold)
    Pewter 2001 Trans Am Vert

everyone is telling you to use a blow dryer which is perfect but no one has given you the warning. DO NOT get too close... a friend of mine was peeling decals off his probe and bubbled the paint bad by getting too close... be patient! Its worth not repainting the bumper to you.

Black on Black
    2000 Trans Am M6

who in the hell would do that to the car to start with?
    SLP LT's, SLP High Flow Cats, 3" Flowmaster CB, Comp Cam, SLP Lid, LS6 Intake, BBK 80mm TB, SFC, Ram Air HO Hood, Lowered, Torq Thrust II's

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

It's San Antonio, don't be surprised.

Depending on what they used, a hair dryer and fishing line like everyone suggested. I'm worried as there's big chunks of dark yellow goop behind the lettering, so I'm assuming they probably didn't go the 3m adhesive way but actually used the decal glue which I have no experience removing.

97 TA

update

so i tried attacking that ugly pos as mentioned but to no avail those things are stuck on there real good

ill try again when i get another spot of free time but if anyone else has other ideas would be great to know

Black
    99 Trans Am(sold)

OK, The fishing line and hair dry technique works only if they used double sided decal tape. If they are glued on, which it looks like they are because of the aformentioned yellow blobs, they might not come off without damaging your paint.

I'd say: If you are willing to pay to get your bumper repainted, just go ahead and yank them off. Praying that you don't pull anything but the emblems off. They look awful as is. I'd even be willing to drive around with some paint chips than to have that on mine.

Thread Information