Thread: Showing A Car

RED
    2001 TRANS AM WS6 6SPD

Showing A Car

HOW DOES EVERYONE PREPARE THEIR CAR FOR A SHOW. ANY SECRETS/ SUGGESTIONS? WHAT IF THE CAR IS STRICTLY STOCK, SHOULD ANY IMPROVEMENTS BE MADE. DO YOU DISPLAY THE ASC#, WINDOW STICKER, OTHER ITEMS WITH IMAGES OF CAR? IS IT BEST TO DRESS UP THE ENGINE? ALL INPUT APPRECIATED AS I AM NEW TO THIS.

Silver
    2002 Firebird T/A - WS6

I'd like to know the same things- What are the rules for 'stock'? Does something as simple as adding vinyl decals inside the rear "Pontiac" outlines make it 'non-stock'? Or vinyl on the Bird in the front?
    Rules for stock at the Carlisle show in PA states no repainting, no engine mods, etc.

"For an original/unrestored vehicle and to be placed in an original/unrestored class...
    The vehicle has not been repainted, vehicle still has original interior from factory and all engine and mechanical components."

Nothing about any additional visual accents.

Anyone else?

1 of 396 T/A Conv 2001 Wayah-bird's Avatar

Taupe/Red
    2001 Trans Am Conv

Fun stuff!

I see you are getting in the mood just south of me too I have done this since the 80's at car shows when I used to show a '75 Bricklin, now of course my T/A. Definitely the window sticker BUT a color copy, not the original. Too many things can happen to it and once it is gone, goodbye! I like to put my rarity factor (which we both have been trying to attain)in large letters on the windshield. Cardboard is nice but regular thick paper is OK too. I'll just use mine as an example, "1 of 396 - 2001 Trans Am convertibles". As far as the appearance, clean the wheels thoroughly (insides too), a nice tire dressing makes the whole car look better. For the body, I use Meguiars Gold before I leave and then Meguairs detail spray once at the show to remove anything you might have picked up on the way over, or fingerprints at the show. Don't forget the towels. The interior is self-explanatory. Spotless windows and leather protectorant. Non-shine Armorall. (you don't want too much reflection on the dash). The engine compartment is tough but do the best you can (many products at auto parts stores that leave a nice shine after cleaning) and be very careful with high pressure water if you are thinking of using that. During intervals at the show I sometimes have the hood raised and sometimes closed. If convertible or T-tops, sometimes open and closed. Change it up! If a points show, every inch of the car must be immaculate. Bring a chair and drinks. Have fun! People will love the car!
    By the way, STOCK IS STOCK. That means NOTHING different than from what the factory installed.
    Last edited by Wayah-bird; 03-08-2006 at 06:02 AM.

black
    1999 Camaro Z28 M6

I used to show a 66 Skylark convertible. The key is to have fun! Just try to clean the car up as best you can, bring a cooler and some chairs, and just chill! People will ask you all sorts of questions about your car, just enjoy the attention!

1999 Chevy Camaro

Just clean your car up real good so that it looks like it just rolled off a GM lot and you got a winner! Anything else you add is just candy . But stock can look just as good when clean.

Go here and do everything in the videos (need to get the kit...). And you'll have a winner!

http://www.adamspolishes.com/videos/introduction.cfm

Rob

RED
    2001 TRANS AM WS6 6SPD

Thanks For The Info.

Thread Information