Red
    1996 Camaro Z28 M6

Red Camaro with White Leather/Red-Black Houndstooth Inserts?

Hey all, been a while since I posted on here, but my wheels are turning on a project for my Camaro. The drivers seat has had the infamous hole in the bolster since I got the car. I wanted to fix that but never could find material to match. Years have passed and the front seats are getting pretty worn. I've had the idea of houndstooth for some time as a throwback to 1st gen Camaros. My car is red, SS hood with the scoop outlined in black, and a black Berger panel. Originally I had just figured black leather with red/black houndstooth inserts. Seen several like this and love the look, but the thought crossed my mind for white leather with the same red/black inserts. For what its worth my car is a '96, so my seat pattern is a little different from the LS1 cars. I've thought about upgrading to the 97+ style as its a little more retro, but I can't use just the covers, I'll have to upgrade to the newer seats as well. Does anyone have pictures of a preferably red 4th gen with seats covered like so? Or any thoughts on the idea? I have it in my head and love it, but feel it could be borderline "too much..."

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Honestly, I say go for it. Google Berger Camaro. The 4th gens built by Berger have the houndstooth interior and it looks badass. Like the classic Yenko Camaro. You CAN'T go wrong with the houndstooth in a 4th gen Camaro.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Just an idea, search online for seat covers from the 30th Anniversary Camaro/Z28/SS. I think they came with white houndstooth interior. Or search for any wrecked 30th Anniversary Camaros with good seats and swap them into your ride.

Red
    1996 Camaro Z28 M6

Thanks for the thoughts! I'm pretty well set on the houndstooth, I was just a bit unsure if doing it with white leather in a car with otherwise no white would work well. I have in my mind it being a fine line between cool and gaudy.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Red/white is a good combo in my opinion.

Join the PHK @ thephk.org Sommer86@6LE's Avatar

Red
    2001 Camaro SS

I can make you any seat combo you want. I personally have black stock seats with red/black hounds tooth centers in my red SS.

But I can certainly make a white leather seat with red/black HT inserts or with white/black inserts.

PM me for details and pics of my hounds tooth selection. I think I have 6 or 7 different combos.

Red
    2001 Camaro SS

Is this what you had in mind?.....

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

Not to jack the thread...that looks nice. Can you guys do something like that but blue (close to jetstream blue)with black inserts for TA or c6 seats? Also what does hounds tooth feel like?
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

Red
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 98TransAmWs-6 View Post
    Not to jack the thread...that looks nice. Can you guys do something like that but blue (close to jetstream blue)with black inserts for TA or c6 seats? Also what does hounds tooth feel like?
    Yup, we can do it. VERY easily too. PM coming.

Join the PHK
    2009 LS1.com Calendar Car

Thread Information