BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Rear Camaro Inserts

I bought some decal inserts for the camaro on the trunk lid of my car a while ago. Well- I thought they might be a pain in the ass but damn I had no clue. I got them all on but it was a mf and the last 2- R O are not perfect. I need a paint job soon so I guess it will have to do till then-then I get to do it all over again YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! I will put a few pics up in a bit and then yall can abuse me on how bad I fked up hahahahah!!! I always thought I had a pretty steady hand too. O well.

Bright Rally Red
    1996 Camaro SS

The trick is soapy water (2-3 drops of soap and a cap full of alcohol) in a clean spray bottle. Also prepping with alcohol to clean the surface. I have done about 10 of them and i guess just got alot of practice. Curious to see the pics. Im going to guess silver?

--------- Chris - 1996 Camaro Z28SS #1524 ---------
    LT4 Cam Kit | Comp Lifters/PR's | Jet Hot LT's & ORY | Corsa RSC Exhaust | SLP Bilstiens | S-C/D Rotors | 1LE Elbow | !EGR/AIR
    madZ tune | 17x11 Chrome ZR-1's | Berger Panel | Fillins | BMR STB | Autometer A/F & Trans Temp | !Mouldings | Zaino

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Yes I went with silver reflective. I was told not to use soapy water on these. If I had used soapy water it would have been a breeze. I prepped with alcohol. I actually was able to take them back off a couple of times but it was lookin bad for a while. LOL Post some pics tomorrow. Dont laugh too hard man!!

black
    2000 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by DEADBYDAWN View Post
    Yes I went with silver reflective. I was told not to use soapy water on these. If I had used soapy water it would have been a breeze. I prepped with alcohol. I actually was able to take them back off a couple of times but it was lookin bad for a while. LOL Post some pics tomorrow. Dont laugh too hard man!!
    you got the vinyl ones???

on ebay i got the polished aluminum ones with the mirror finish for like 60 bucks for the front and back...very easy install its superthin 3m double sided tape...looks hot..very easy install...no soap or water needed

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by 00maroz28 View Post
    you got the vinyl ones???

on ebay i got the polished aluminum ones with the mirror finish for like 60 bucks for the front and back...very easy install its superthin 3m double sided tape...looks hot..very easy install...no soap or water needed

I didnt want to go with the chrome finish. I liked the silver. Plus these are reflective at night which I think is cool.

Bright Rally Red
    1996 Camaro SS

Ah hah i know what you mean about the reflective ones, i have done a set of those myself. what a pita. Look sweet at night.

Thread Information