redls1bird

Real HIDs on a Trans Am

Some of you may remember my lights, but if not, here is a few pics..

Overall it was nice, but i didnt like the silver as much as i thought i would.

I decided i was going to paint them closer to factory, so i got some Krylon fusion paint for plastics. It was black with some flake in it (actually looks pretty good). I also tried to bend the shield on the projectors for a little more color. Heres some after shots. i have just a very minor adjustment to the drivers side to bring it down level with the pass side. I will try to get some color/wall shots tonight. Here is the after pics:

ignore the dogs ass in the above pic. hes got really nice timing..

and the best part is, they fold away nicely

The trimmings and paint are not the best quality. I have already noticed a few spots i missed, but im not worried about it. I am currently looing for a bi xenon projector ( i already have one) so that i can retrofit bi xenon. when that happens, i plan on going all out, shaving the high beam out completley, adding a plastic shield over the projector and really getting the paint perfect. till then, this will do. check back later for wall shots.

redls1bird
    here are some pics of the beam these create. they came out really blue (cheap digital camera) they are much closer to white, and the blue is really a deep purple.

the deep purple you see in the last picture is closer to what the whole edge looks like.

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

That really is a clean install man, and the fact that they aren't pointing in random directions is great. It looks good, and it's got to feel good knowing you are very exclusive in having the HIDs in a T/A

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

How bad do those shake? I was thinking of doing the same thing, but I wasn't sure if they would be to shaky driving at night. They look great! Good choice on going with the black. Did you consider doing them body color?

redls1bird
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am
    How bad do those shake? I was thinking of doing the same thing, but I wasn't sure if they would be to shaky driving at night. They look great! Good choice on going with the black. Did you consider doing them body color?
    I did consider doing them in red, but im already not liking having the only color on the car red. its just too much. most other colors look ok on f-bodies that way, but not red. especially without any kind of metal flake in it. as far as shake, they do have some, but very little. im going to tighten up all the brackets, and see if i can take some of the normal slop out of the headlight linkages. overall though, its very minimal.

White with silver stripes
    2000 Trans Am WS6

those are badass! where did you get em? and how much?

Red
    99 Pontiac WS.6 Trans Am

Nice job man!!!! looks nice ... I've been wanting to do this for some time now just waiting for some extra $$$$
    99 WS6 Trans AM
    Hurst Shifter
    Aftermarket Throttle Body
    KN Air Filter
    Strut Tower Brace
    Z06 Rims

redls1bird
    Quote Originally Posted by wesTXwitesnake05
    those are badass! where did you get em? and how much?
    Hand built by yours truly. Cost cant really be calculated because of the amount of time ive got in it. actually money spent was around 300$, but i got alot of stuff for free from work. Thanks for all the compliments guys.

Thread Information