white/Black
    1999 Pontiac Firebird

Painting Door emblems(Help)...

Im wanting to paint my door emblems where it says trans am, and im just wanting too know the best way to get them off an the best choice of some cheap paint that looks good and then how i would go about putting them back on, any advice would be greatly appreciated thank you

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

http://www.thirdshiftstudios.com/firebird-emblems.html

Hit the link and scroll down -- I think you'll find what you are looking for.

Red
    1999 Trans Am

is the the third shift a complete replacement of the lettering or a cover, cause it sounds like he is trying to do it on the cheap

white/Black
    1999 Pontiac Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    http://www.thirdshiftstudios.com/firebird-emblems.html

Hit the link and scroll down -- I think you'll find what you are looking for.
    thanks that helped out, but yeah im lookin on doin it cheap an not having too replace it just paintin it myself but if that fails ill get it from that site theres alot of cool stuff on there

Red
    2002 Camaro Z28

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by izzhemp View Post

Im wanting to paint my door emblems where it says trans am, and im just wanting too know the best way to get them off an the best choice of some cheap paint that looks good and then how i would go about putting them back on, any advice would be greatly appreciated thank you
    I have used string or fishing line to get them off without wrecking the emblems or scratching your paint. Dupli color makes plastic paint in many colours then Use some good qaulity double sided tape to re-apply them. Should be very easy, good luck!
    2002 Camaro Z28 Bolt ons, Flowmaster catback w/3" QTP electric cutout, Superchips tuned, Granatelli MAF, SLP cold air induction Lid & filter, ZEX powertune plugs, Taylor 10.4mm wires, 160 T-stat w/fan control, Eibach sportlines & BFG-KDW's on 17" SLP SS rims.

blue
    1999 trans am

go here

http://shop.ebay.com/items/_W0QQ_nkw...romZR40QQ_mdoZ

7 bucks for overlay decals.. its easy and looks great! I did it to my 99 ta that is blue i got white decals and it looks really good. Just be sure to send the seller a message about what color you want cause if not they will give you black

White
    1998 Trans Am

I would get the overlay or new letters. Fishing line will work or they make plastic razor blades. Use some adhesive remover as well. The problem will be getting the letters back on perfectly straigh and the same exact heigh on both sides. If you have patience you can. I find it a pain. i have the overlays and they look good. I paint cars for a living and I don't even wanna be bothered with those door letters.
    1998 Trans Am 85k miles.
    Bolt ons, MS3 113LSA cam, Circle D Stall, Tune, Modified WS6 style hood, Full Suspension, 6000k HID's, Clear Side Markers w/ Leds, Led 3rd Brake Light and 18" AR Staggered Killer Wheels w/ BFG KDW NT's.- Weekend Toy/DD
    02 Trailblazer -Sold
    09 Ram 1500 CC - Sold
    09 Cobalt SS/TC - Sold
    13 ram 1500 LoneStar CC 4x4 - Magnaflow, K&N,and more to come-DD/Toy

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Cool

Hello,
    Our door lettering is 1/8" thick, comes in any color you'd like or even different finishes like brushed aluminum or mirrored plexi. They come with peel-n-stick adhesive backing for easy application too. The price for a pair is $65 shipped in the US. Simply remove your existing items with a hot hair dryer or as someone indicated fishing line, clean the area with alcohol and apply our items. It will have a professional, show-quality result with minimal effort on your behalf.

Custom Car Emblems
    from third_shift|studios
    Pittsburgh Car Detailing & Paint Protection from ts|s detailing
    jaison tortorea

Thread Information