Black
    '98 Z28

Painted Air Lid and MAF

Some pictures of the process and results. The blue is a medium metallic and looks fairly dark under normal light, but really shines when the light hits it.

I'll take some pictures of everything under the hood tomorrow.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Not bad, anxious to see installed pics.

Black

I think that blue looks really sick with the black, post some pics up when you get it installed.
    Last edited by legacyy21; 05-07-2010 at 12:31 AM.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Looks good! Subscribed for installed pics.

Black
    '98 Z28

Installed...

I'm going to let the paint cure for a couple weeks, and then wet sand and buff it all out.

I really need to paint some of the stock plastic pieces under the hood, as time has faded them pretty bad. Not only that, but a lot of the bolts/washers under the hood have rusted a bit. Anyone know where I can find some stainless replacements? Perhaps just a big box store like Home Depot or Lowes?
    Last edited by tpilews; 05-07-2010 at 08:57 AM.

Red
    2001 ws6

looks great but would look even better in a clean engine bay

Black
    '98 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by basballny2 View Post
    looks great but would look even better in a clean engine bay
    Yeah, it's going to have to happen slowly as this is a daily driver. One project at a time.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Please don't post direct links to non sponsors

Black
    '98 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    I had no idea one of the sponsors on this site actually provided that product. Sorry, if they do. I guess that's why I posed my question earlier, but no sponsor stepped forward. Well, whatever.

That site, however, does carry one of the site's sponsor's merchandise. TSS's stuff is listed there.

Black
    '98 Z28

I just read through the site's "rules" and I didn't see anything about posting links. Is this just an unwritten rule?

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by tpilews View Post
    I just read through the site's "rules" and I didn't see anything about posting links. Is this just an unwritten rule?

Basically, its ok to mention any vendor by name in your posts, just don't provide direct links to their sites, meaning advertise for them.

2. Spamming

Spamming or business advertisements by businesses who do not sponsor LS1.com is not allowed. Threads or PMs determined to be "spam" will be deleted or forwarded to the Administration. This type of posting could possibly result with privileges to our board restricted or denied without notice. Lottery schemes being advertised on this board are considered Spam. Excessive advertisement of other "for profit" forums is also considered spam, and will be dealt with accordingly. If you are interested in sponsoring LS1.com, please send inquiries to lszone1@yahoo.com. To offer added support to our Sponsors, we would ask that you refrain from recommending non-sponsor businesses, products, or services that are in direct competition to our Sponsors in your thread replies. If you wish to offer another source to our Members, please use the PM or e-mail option to give the information to our Members in a private manner. We will remove information in threads that will reduce revenue for our Sponsors.
    Using PM's or images to advertise is also against the Rules.

Soliciting for Members of this site to go and join another site is also considered a form of Spam. Mentioning another site for reference or as an information source is acceptable.
    Last edited by Y2KPewterSS; 05-08-2010 at 09:44 PM.

Black
    '98 Z28

Basically, its ok to mention any vendor by name in your posts, just don't provide direct links to their sites, meaning advertise for them.

2. Spamming

Spamming or business advertisements by businesses who do not sponsor LS1.com is not allowed. Threads or PMs determined to be "spam" will be deleted or forwarded to the Administration. This type of posting could possibly result with privileges to our board restricted or denied without notice. Lottery schemes being advertised on this board are considered Spam. Excessive advertisement of other "for profit" forums is also considered spam, and will be dealt with accordingly. If you are interested in sponsoring LS1.com, please send inquiries to lszone1@yahoo.com. To offer added support to our Sponsors, we would ask that you refrain from recommending non-sponsor businesses, products, or services that are in direct competition to our Sponsors in your thread replies. If you wish to offer another source to our Members, please use the PM or e-mail option to give the information to our Members in a private manner. We will remove information in threads that will reduce revenue for our Sponsors.
    Using PM's or images to advertise is also against the Rules.

Soliciting for Members of this site to go and join another site is also considered a form of Spam. Mentioning another site for reference or as an information source is acceptable.
    Okay, but which sponsor provides stainless/polished nuts/bolts/washers for f-bodies? I couldn't find it on any of their sites.

black
    2001 Trans Am

Installed...

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

I'm going to let the paint cure for a couple weeks, and then wet sand and buff it all out.

I really need to paint some of the stock plastic pieces under the hood, as time has faded them pretty bad. Not only that, but a lot of the bolts/washers under the hood have rusted a bit. Anyone know where I can find some stainless replacements? Perhaps just a big box store like Home Depot or Lowes?
    Looks good

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Okay, but which sponsor provides stainless/polished nuts/bolts/washers for f-bodies? I couldn't find it on any of their sites.
    I don't believe any of our current sponsors sell any stainless/polished nuts/bolts/washers. I bought all of mine from a local Ace Hardware.

Black
    '98 Z28

I don't believe any of our current sponsors sell any stainless/polished nuts/bolts/washers. I bought all of mine from a local Ace Hardware.
    Okay??? So, the link I provided was not in "direct competition" with our sponsors.

Black
    '98 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by dragonchick View Post
    Looks good
    Thanks. At least there's an upside to my girlfriend being crazy about scrapbooking. I get to use her Cricut for stuff like this.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Okay??? So, the link I provided was not in "direct competition" with our sponsors.
    The link to the vendor you provided sells other items that do compete with items some of our sponsors sell. So yes, even though the particular item you listed from that vendor is not something that is sold by our sponsors, he sells other items that do compete with our sponsors.

Black
    '98 Z28

Got some time to paint some other underhood pieces. Did the air lid surround, and the plastic piece near the front that holds the rubber hood stops. The exterior was filthy that day as I was cleaning out the garage and tons of dust/sand got on the car. I washed and waxed it all yesterday.

Black
    2000 WS6

I like it

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

Looks good! I painted mine awhile back but I messed it up installing it...lol

If you want another easy way to clean up the engine bay do the wire hide mod. It is very simple and takes little time.

Thread Information