Thread: New paint

WS6RedDragon

New paint

I was jsut wondering if anybody has had their entire car repainted lately. My dads camaro is in desperate need of a new paint job and I was curious what it might cost. Im not looking for exact numbers just ball park figures. Its a red 93 Z28.

Dreamin of a Paint Job... XtinKt's Avatar

Silver
    2000 WS6 Trans Am

depends what you want. You want show quality?

1999 Chevy Camaro

Shouldn't be too bad. Your average place usually charges around a thousand give or take. My problem I don't know where to go in Orlando to get mine done, other than Macos . I think theres one by my house, but it could be just a repair shop. Need to check it out. But if I want to drive a little ways a friends nephew can do it really cheap.

What I want done will probably cost a couple grand. I want to two tone it. Black roof and pewter body. But have the stripes painted on, then cleared . Still thinking about the stripe design. I like the SS 30th aniv. checkered pattern, might go with that. Or just simple flat stripes. I dunno.

Rob

WS6RedDragon
    nothing fancy I just want it to look brand new again stock color

Silver
    2000 WS6 Trans Am

prolly gonna cost about a $1000 for a decent job. You could get less for less of a paint job. Doesn't cost anything to get an estimate. Do your homeworrk.

bottlefed
    just the prep work done right would be over 1k for a like factory paint job,.

Beast
    A good paint job will cost $3000 easily. Maaco uses shit paint, and their prep work sucks. Reputable shops take the time to do it right, but it costs you for their time.

Mark

Silver
    2000 WS6 Trans Am

i guess what i should have said is it wll cost $1000 for primer lol.

camaro_ss_97_
    just got mine redone b/c during the hurricane a tree fell on it not to bad of damage but enough to get my car repainted. it cost 2300.00 that included some body work as well. i mean the entire car was redone except of cousre the places you will never see.

black
    94z

i work in a body shop and you could get it done for around 2500.if you decide to get the stripes and stuff you can do it 3 ways.use stickers,use the sticker as a stencile and paint the stripes on, or use stickers and clear over them. i prefer paint.you can bury the stripes and not feel them. make sure they use a good paint, i prefer diamont but other good ones are ppg and du pont.personally idont like the others like shewin williams or omni.this is just my opionion.if you want you can e-mail me for more info.

WS6RedDragon
    thanks for the info

redls1bird
    a friend of mine got his 3000gt repainted a few months ago. its roughly the same size as a f-body. for an awesome job he paid 2200 dollars. this guy really did it well though, including repainting certain trim back to flat black.

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

My Dad owns a body shop and he won't touch anything for under 2 grand. Paint and material cost so much. It will cost close to a grand for paint and material. Then your time to fix what places and tape and what you have to remove if you want it done right. There is not much money profit wise even if you was to charge 3 grand. There is a lot of work just to sand, fix, prime, water sand and tape one up to paint.

Moldmaker
    $2500 is the going rate around here. At that price, the guys don't cut any corners. All small dings are fixed and the thing looks like glass when all done. Would definitely pass for a "show quality" job.

Chuck

quicky06
    around here its 2500 if you dont change the color that way they can get around painting the engine compartment.

i dont wanna know how much it will cost to strip itdown to just a body and paint it

Moldmaker

Thumbs up XtinKt

Hey man,
    Good looking car.

You have any other pics? I'd like to see what you did with the paint.

Thanks,
    Chuck

Rice killin sumna bich blubaldmontess's Avatar

Red/silver
    1986 Monte Carlo SS

i paid 3800, but that was show quality stripped to metal and then all the way back up. For what your looking for i'm agreeing with around 2500. You might wanna see if you can get it done cheaper if you start the body work, or remove some of the panes (hood, trunk, fenders?) so its easier to repaint for whomever is doing it. Just a few suggestions

Silver
    2000 WS6 Trans Am

I haven't painted it yet. It won't be painted till the First of next year. I have some other pictures of what the car will look like though

Rice killin sumna bich blubaldmontess's Avatar

Red/silver
    1986 Monte Carlo SS

That is a nice look X.

Moldmaker
    I agree blubaldmontess, I really like that paint scheme XtinKt. The seperation from yellow to black with silver is a nice touch.

I've been thinking about something kinda similar on a Camaro with a VFN 3" SS hood, but I still haven't thought it all the way through. May look great if done right and would definitely be different.

You say you have pics of what the car WILL look like? Please post em'.

Thanks,
    Chuck

Thread Information