Thread: New Headlights

Drive it like ya stole it sills1's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 Camaro SS

New Headlights

Just got my car out of the body shop. Other than putting the wrong color SS emblems along with the driver side emblems being upside down, and both sides in the wrong location, they did a great job. They are reordering the right color emblems.

notice the upside down SS emblem in the last photo

How do you guys like the headlights? I had purchased them right before my "What a horrible day!!!!!" accident. I really like them a lot. I purchased them from http://www.neweraperformanceparts.com/

Next on my list of things to do is the grill insert. I'm thinking of going with an RKsport style insert with the mess on either side. I have found one that says camaro on it. Please post pics of grills that you guys think would look good. Thanks in advance. Here is a pic of the grill I found, tell me if you think I should paint it or leave it balck.

HOUDINI'S RIDE

BLUE
    Z28/SS

looks great alot better than it did !!!! for real alot better than it did look! bet your happy right, well besides the wrong ss emblems right .....hey got a question how much of a gap do you have between your headlights and the front bumper just curious???

99FRC,00TA,98Formula
    91Firebird,88FieroGT

Looks great! I think you should paint the grille insert gloss black. It looks a lot better than the cheap black plastic IMO.

Pewter
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 4U2ENVY
    looks great alot better than it did !!!! for real alot better than it did look! bet your happy right, well besides the wrong ss emblems right .....hey got a question how much of a gap do you have between your headlights and the front bumper just curious???
    Not much of a gap at all, maybe 1/4 to half inch in some places. I'm very pleased. They fit almost like the stockers.

White
    1996 3.8L Y87 Firebird

Looks good. I like the idea of the grill insert because it covers up the holes for the front license plate.

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

the lights look good.

I'd say paint the grill gloss to match the top

And WTF were they thinking even trying to use red emblems
    actually now that I look again they kinda set it off and match your calipers, maybe they're good I think I like them red considering everyone else with a light color SS DOESN'T have the red

Red & Dk Gray
    2002 WS6, '08 G8 GT

Quote Originally Posted by z_driver1
    the lights look good.

I'd say paint the grill gloss to match the top

And WTF were they thinking even trying to use red emblems
    actually now that I look again they kinda set it off and match your calipers, maybe they're good I think I like them red considering everyone else with a light color SS DOESN'T have the red
    I agree with the Red SS emblems. IMO Leave 'em, they look good! However I don't agree with painting the grill insert. I think it looks better flat. But hey, this is just my opinion. You have to decide what's right for you. But it looks good! Nice car!

Pewter
    2000 Camaro SS

I plan on getting the black and silver SS emblems. After I get the red ones pulled and put the right ones in the right place, I'm going to order the vinyl overlays for the emblems in red. That way, if I get tired of them, I can just remove them. I kinda like the red with my red calipers, but I'm not sure I will leave the calipers red. I had them painted blue before and I really liked it. I guess it depends on wether I go with red accents for the suspension parts along with the STB. Thanks for the opinions guys.

pewter
    2000 z28

like the look of the purchased whistler lights. just curious as to how much they cost you on the site it says something like 150 each so 300 for a set of 2???

Black
    98 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by ap2000z28
    like the look of the purchased whistler lights. just curious as to how much they cost you on the site it says something like 150 each so 300 for a set of 2???

I have the same set that will be installed soon. They were $172.85 shipped. That is for the pair.

red
    98 Z28

who sells that grill?

light pewter metallic
    '99 Camaro z-28

Quote Originally Posted by RainMan View Post
    I agree with the Red SS emblems. IMO Leave 'em, they look good! However I don't agree with painting the grill insert. I think it looks better flat. But hey, this is just my opinion. You have to decide what's right for you. But it looks good! Nice car!
    I don't agree with painting the grill either, I like it how it is. Sucks they put the emblems on wrong, but I like that you did red calipers, it's pretty rare to see the lighter cars w/them, I did them and love it. The lights look good! I was looking for them on new era's site when I bought my lid, and again recently, and they're gone!

White
    2000 Trans Am Ram Air WS6

Question

does any body make replacement headlights for TA that looks like the new Corvette headlights

Thread Information