Silver
    2002 Z28

Need Appearance Advice...

Hey guys, you've helped me in the past, and I'm requesting thoughts again... I'll enclose some pics below of my car as it sits currently, and I'll try to snap some pics of engine bay and interior in the days to come to post as well; I want to get my car pulled together, but I'm not positive as to what all I should do. Just give the pics a once over and offer any suggestions that you've got! As a side note, in a few weeks I'll be putting 35th anniversary style wheels on the car (17" 10 spokes) and lowering the car moderately to close the gaps, so try to refrain from telling me to lower it... cause I know... and I am.... Thanks in advance!

She's baaaaaccccck...

'02 Z/28 M6 Hardtop

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

I think the anniversary wheels look great on pewter and silver, so that will be a plus. Lowering will help as well.

You have the Berger panel and removed your side molding so cross those off.

You have painted scoop/stripe so cross that off.

You have smoked side markers and turn signals and the whistler mod done.

You have a short antenna already.

I can't tell about your exhaust tips, maybe you don't have any

I like the retro emblems.

Tint taken care of.

You could get a better tag frame and maybe a personalize plate.

Have you done anything with the calipers, I can't tell from the pictures.

I don't like the grille on there, maybe a SLP grille or a colormatched grille would help tie things together for you. The billet just doesn't seem to flow with the black accent theme you have going. Maybe if you had it powdercoated black that would help. The exterior of your Camaro looks very good as is though.

I am interested in seeing interior & engine bay pics, that might be what its needing to tie it all together.
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

Silver
    2002 Z28

Interior is total crap right now; I'm getting black with grey insert vinyl covers made, and currently stitching up a new rear seat delete box covering, black vinyl with a grey vinyl stripe. Biggest issue I think I'll still have is the grey carpet, but I've pulled it before (was gonna have it dyed black) and changed my mind, and it was just a big pain in the ass, so I'd like to get away from it if I could... I'll talk some pics though.

BTW...On the plate/frame note custom plate "PROWLR Z" on way, and a frame that isn't f-ed up is too; I had cut a piece of CF and glued over the steel frame as a border, but it didn't turn out as planned, so I pulled it off and sanded the frame down... and it just corroded to hell. Exhaust is under there, going to pull it off and paint it matte black; would like to run it out to a CME, but money, money, money, ya know?

Oh, and grille used to be powdercoated black, and I decided to try to machine the face of it, and months later the powdercoating started chipping off at the edges, so I sandblasted; think I should make it black again, or buy a new one that has the machined front?

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by ProwlerZ View Post
    Interior is total crap right now; I'm getting black with grey insert vinyl covers made, and currently stitching up a new rear seat delete box covering, black vinyl with a grey vinyl stripe. Biggest issue I think I'll still have is the grey carpet, but I've pulled it before (was gonna have it dyed black) and changed my mind, and it was just a big pain in the ass, so I'd like to get away from it if I could... I'll talk some pics though.

BTW...On the plate/frame note custom plate "PROWLR Z" on way, and a frame that isn't f-ed up is too; I had cut a piece of CF and glued over the steel frame as a border, but it didn't turn out as planned, so I pulled it off and sanded the frame down... and it just corroded to hell. Exhaust is under there, going to pull it off and paint it matte black; would like to run it out to a CME, but money, money, money, ya know?

Oh, and grille used to be powdercoated black, and I decided to try to machine the face of it, and months later the powdercoating started chipping off at the edges, so I sandblasted; think I should make it black again, or buy a new one that has the machined front?

I can't wait to see the seats finished, that sounds like something I have wanted to do. The tag idea sounds great and I know all about the $$$$$ with CME

I would powdercoat the grille, I think that would look good in a gloss black.

NBM
    2001 CAMARO

The car looks pretty good to me, but I like silver .
    I would consider mounting the grille direct to the nose with out the extra brackets ,so it sets deeper in the hole .
    I love retro, but....If you are going to use a 1969 theme loose the 1967 flags.

My grille is mounted directly to te front ... no brackets.

looks like your rear rims are like fuckin 24"s
    jesus
    get new rims and tires
    exhaust tips
    lower

1966 Corvette Coupe

all i see are rims, tires, and a drop...

i woudl have gone chrome... and the front tires look tiny and the rears look huge... rethink tire sidewall hieght next time...

-me

Silver
    2002 Z28

Thanks Y2KPewterSS and Maxwax... I love the looks of both of your cars, so I appreciate the advice; My grille doesn't have brackets of any sort though; the stock insert is pulled, and there's a 1/16" CF piece behind it to add to the color contrast and blend with the hood. And personally I love the look of the '67 V-Flags with the '69 Scripts, so I'm gonna have to leave them on there.

As for the other comments, I already stated that the wheels and tires are getting changed, so that's really no help. Those are pretty clearly 18s all around too, so I'm sorry that the optical illusion of having some sidewall out back fooled you; maybe you shouldn't mix narcotics and internet posting?

1966 Corvette Coupe

keep 18's!!! dont go 17's!!!!

-me

Silver
    2002 Z28

I'm going 17" because I can't stand the tire choices for 18s. I want to be able to run mickey's, and I hate the low-profile look on our cars.... and running a 28.5" tire isn't making me happy. I'm working on a set of 17" 35th anniversary wheels, and I may later go on to something different.... we'll see.

Thread Information