Thread: Molded C/F dash

Black
    2002 Camaro SS (crashed)

Molded C/F dash

Anyone know where I can get a molded carbon fiber dash for 02 camaro. The www.fbodymotorsports.com used to carry them but not anymore. I know their hard to come by so any help would be great.

Red
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

sending a PM non sponsor

Pewter
    1999 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Soltakr View Post
    Anyone know where I can get a molded carbon fiber dash for 02 camaro. The www.fbodymotorsports.com used to carry them but not anymore. I know their hard to come by so any help would be great.
    Did you call fbodymotorsports? Im asking because about three months ago I ordered a molded cf kit from them and a week later they told me that they got there kits from rk sport and that rk discontinued them but they still do have a diffrent cf kit that they sell. Here is a link to they kit that they were still selling two months ago and im pretty sure that they are still selling. http://www.fbodymotorsports.com/inc/sdetail/31583

Black
    2002 Camaro SS (crashed)

Yup thats the kit. I hope I still can get it.

Pewter
    1999 Camaro

Let me know what happens, I didnt get the kit because for that one they wanted another $200 that I didnt have so I just went ahead and got my gfx. But I definatley will want 1 in the future and im curious to see if they are still selling that one.

Black
    2002 Camaro SS (crashed)

Well RK Sport doesnt have it and Fbodymotorsports won't pick up their phone. So it looks like I'm dead in the water here. Sucks but I guess I waited too long.

Pewter
    1999 Camaro

Damn that sucks. Have you tried to email fbodymotorsports yet?

Custom
    2002 LS1

I worked for RKSport about 4 Years ago. They were the only company that carried the kit. They had it made in Italy. It was discontinued about 1 year before I left. So its been discontinued for about 5 years. If you can finde anyone that is selling there kit buy it asap.

Jordan

Black
    2002 Camaro SS (crashed)

thanks for the info, I might have to hire Tom Cruise for this mission impossible.

Pewter
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

CF dash kit question

Quote Originally Posted by 35thLS1 View Post
    I worked for RKSport about 4 Years ago. They were the only company that carried the kit. They had it made in Italy. It was discontinued about 1 year before I left. So its been discontinued for about 5 years. If you can finde anyone that is selling there kit buy it asap.

Jordan
    Jordan,
    Have you or know of anyone that has personal experience with the overlay type of CF dash kits? I've seen a lot of ppl saying they are not good quality. I have not located any information from someone that has tried or seen those kits in person. Doing research on putting one in my TA.

SOM
    2002 WS6

dave ..how far from fort worth are you .....few years ago i wanted to change my interior and could not find any info or good pics ... i wanted the molded aluminum dash kit and almost bought it... but went with the overlay kit instead...quality is not as good as i wanted but i do like it......i'll add pics to the post when i get more time......if your not far from fort worth or ever in the area you can check it out.......

Pewter
    2002 WS6 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by tatom View Post
    dave ..how far from fort worth are you .....few years ago i wanted to change my interior and could not find any info or good pics ... i wanted the molded aluminum dash kit and almost bought it... but went with the overlay kit instead...quality is not as good as i wanted but i do like it......i'll add pics to the post when i get more time......if your not far from fort worth or ever in the area you can check it out.......
    Tatom,
    I'm 7 hrs from FW. I live on the coast about 30 miles East of Galveston. If you get some pictures, please let me know. I am also considering to check with the local upholstery shops to see if any of them have done CF work before.
    Dave1970
    SE Texas (High Island)
    2002 WS6 TA
    Strano Performance Sway Bars and Springs
    UMI Performance LCAs, PHB, Adj. TQ., drive shaft safety loop, & TA relocation bracket
    Koni SA shocks
    Textralia Clutch, T56Rebuilt Trans, Pro 5.0 shifter w/ Lou Short Stick, & McLeod adj. master cylinder

Custom
    2002 LS1

Dave I know a few people who do custom c/f and are very good at it. I have the full c/f interior kit in my camaro. I will take pics for you when I get my car back. The thing is if you want good c/f work you are going to pay for it. Another thing I found out is most people want to make a mold in order to do the c/f, which means your going to pay for the mold and your part. NOT CHEAP. I tryed to get one of the shops to go halfs on it with me but it was still to much. I will contact these people for you if you are realy interested. We are talking about 2K here for mold work and parts. It all depends on how serious you are. I might be willing to go in on it with you depending on which parts you have made.

Jordan

Thread Information