Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Black
    2002 WS6 A4, 2010 ram

modern interior.

Any one know of a more modern interior kit for 02 ws6 on the web? Like a dash center console shifter make them less squeaky?
    2002 WS6 A4 Slp lid,
    longtube headers w/ high flow cats,
    loudmouth exhaust, SLP y-pipe,
    799 Heads, TSP Tv2, Dual valve springs, titanium retainers,
    Chromoly pushrods, 12 Bolt rear 3.73 gears
    torque thrust II black 17-9.5" front 17-10" rear

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

I have been in the process of updating the interior of my car, and I have to say, I have really made a focus of updating my car. Updating it to meet the standards of today's cars. I started with a many pronged approach. Updating lights, basic interior materials, and amenities. I added a double din dvd player. Replace all incandescent lights with LEDS. Then, I replaced all interior lights with LEDS. Now, HUD. At the same time, I added accent panels in the interior. The door panels were pretty easy. The panels in the seats were/are a little harder. I am going to find an embroiderer/seamstress to replace some panels in my seats to match the theme I am going for. Which leads me to where I am going. I planned out a strategy for my interior. It doesn't have to be elaborate, it just has to have a direction. What are you looking for? Sight, sound, touch? You want a badass stereo? You want it to look a certain way? You want some sick materials to make up the coverings of your interior? Plan it. Look at pics. Then, strategize. If you PM me your email, I can send you some pics of what I have done. Otherwise, look on the web, look on Ebay, and see what is available,and what others' ideas are. I looked on this forum to get some ideas.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

There are only 6 screw/bolts that make up a center console on these cars if that is all you are looking to make less squeaky.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Have not stumbled upon anything that I would call a "modern interior kit" in my internet travels.

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

I think az gt eater has a good thing going, here.

I recently had to have my convertible top replaced at an upholstry shop. While I was there, I talked to the shop owner about re-upholstering my seats, and stuffing some more material in the bolsters on the lumbar and hip supports to make the seats hug better for high speed cornering (that's always been a gripe of mine about these cars: I slide around in the seat when lateral gs are applied). The price he quoted me was cheaper than I expected. $375 per bucket.

I also have been looking into either an FM transmitter or an I-Pod/Blue tooth gadget to play my music. Haven't found anything that thrills me yet, but I believe something is out there that will work.

One of the other things I would like in my interior is a compass and an outside temperature indicator. I've looked at aftermarket rearview mirrors that include these, but have only scratched the surface. I'm not sure if the mirrors can be hooked up to battery power or what.

The other thing I would really like, but would require a connection to the DLC would be an instant fuel economy indicator, and I'm not even sure if the DLC would be able to provide that info directly or if it would have to be extrapolated from the data collected by the PCM... so that's lower on my list.

Quote Originally Posted by Naaman View Post
    I think az gt eater has a good thing going, here.

One of the other things I would like in my interior is a compass and an outside temperature indicator. I've looked at aftermarket rearview mirrors that include these, but have only scratched the surface. I'm not sure if the mirrors can be hooked up to battery power or what.
    They have the entire mirror kit on Amazon for $157. Comes with the factory harness with weather pack, and a temp sensor with harness that is mounted behind the grill. It has temp, compass, map lights, and auto dimmer. Not a bad deal.
    Now since the factory mirror has map lights, it has a harness running to it already. Keeping that in mind it would be a matter of whether or not that harness on the current mirror would match the weather pack connection that comes with the new mirror. I'm thinking not likely but it's a starting point.

I haven't followed the original mirror harness to see what that weather pack looks like. So until then I haven't ordered this kit as of yet.

I have installed this kit on a jeep my wife had. That Rubicon had this option of choosing this mirror from the factory however it didn't have it. The factory does install the harness for it hidden under the dash however. It was as simple as finding the harness and plugging it in, then mounting the temp sensor behind the grill (that harness was already there as well)

So I don't think it would be too horrible to add to a 4th gen. It's something my wife has been wanting for a long time on her car, I just need to get after it.

This reminded me of it, so I reminded my wife, now it's on order

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    They have the entire mirror kit on Amazon for $157. Comes with the factory harness with weather pack, and a temp sensor with harness that is mounted behind the grill. It has temp, compass, map lights, and auto dimmer. Not a bad deal.
    Now since the factory mirror has map lights, it has a harness running to it already. Keeping that in mind it would be a matter of whether or not that harness on the current mirror would match the weather pack connection that comes with the new mirror. I'm thinking not likely but it's a starting point.
    YES!!!
    Lid, Throttle Body, LS6 Intake, Heads, Cam, Magnaflow, LS7 Clutch, SFCs, STB, Panhard Bar, Strano Springs, Hollow Sway Bars, Poly/Roto LCAs, Konis, MGW Shifter

YES!!!
    I'll pm you a link of the one I just bought.
    Last edited by Firebirdjones; 12-21-2013 at 05:59 AM.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Firebird, you should do a write up on how to do it.

I could if there is interest? I never really hear much about people wanting these mirrors. Just something that has been on the honey do list for a few years, my wife has wanted one for a long time ever since her last jeep, and since she primarily drives a 4th gen that never had this option....This post made her kick me in the rear about it And since it's Christmas...

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

I for one am extremely interested.

I'll start a thread about it and take some pics then. I don't forsee it being too terrible. Probably the worst part of the whole deal will be pulling the A-pillar trim off to access the wiring.I've already checked the headliner, I can physically pull it down enough right now to stick my fingers in there and feel the current wire harness.

Give it a couple weeks and I'll start something. I don't think the mirror will even be here for another week. With Christmas and all I'm sure shipping will be slow, even though Amazon's main warehouse is right here in Phoenix.

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

I would be interested as well. Some things I have done to update my interior is paint my window switch panels. I think they turned out pretty well too. I plan on getting my seats reupholstered at some point. Another thing I plan on doing is having all plastic panels leather or vinyl wrapped with stitching visible to give it that exotic/luxury look.
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

Quote Originally Posted by 98TransAmWs-6 View Post
    I would be interested as well. Some things I have done to update my interior is paint my window switch panels. I think they turned out pretty well too. I plan on getting my seats reupholstered at some point. Another thing I plan on doing is having all plastic panels leather or vinyl wrapped with stitching visible to give it that exotic/luxury look.
    Now that's a project! I've contemplated the same, though I waver between having a sporty look and going too far into the "luxury" look. I tend to prefer the understated, sporty appearance over anything too "expensive looking." Though I would like to get my seats (at least the fronts, but would probably have to do the backs, too) redone in real leather, but retaining the stock look (plus some increased bolster support).

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    I'll start a thread about it and take some pics then. I don't forsee it being too terrible. Probably the worst part of the whole deal will be pulling the A-pillar trim off to access the wiring.I've already checked the headliner, I can physically pull it down enough right now to stick my fingers in there and feel the current wire harness.

Give it a couple weeks and I'll start something. I don't think the mirror will even be here for another week. With Christmas and all I'm sure shipping will be slow, even though Amazon's main warehouse is right here in Phoenix.
    I take it that the compass and temp indicators illuminate from underneath the mirror/glass surface? I don't see any etching or inserts on the surface of the glass.... ?
    Last edited by Naaman; 12-21-2013 at 05:05 PM.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Though I would like to get my seats (at least the fronts, but would probably have to do the backs, too) redone in real leather, but retaining the stock look (plus some increased bolster support)
    I don't think that would be too hard. The stock leather can be pulled off, and the stitching can be cut open. That way, the seamstress would have a template to use. Just make the side bolster pockets a little bigger. Then, add some foam. By the time you remove the seat covers and see the factory foam, you will want to replace it anyway. Not very pretty looking. The fuller you make the foam, the better the bolster airbags will work. The bolster airbags are pinned to the frame of the seat, and sit under the foam BTW. If you choose to have any of the panels from the original seat cover re-used, the seamstress will need to put small strips of material behind the original stitching holes. Otherwise, the new stitching won't hold.
    Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    Try roasting your crow. It'll be easier to get down.
    Quote Originally Posted by GTP231 View Post
    I like grilling mine with a nice brown sugar based rub

Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

Yeah, I talked to an upholstry shop when I got my top replaced a couple weeks ago. They quoted me $375 per seat. An additional $300 to upgrade to leather. I'm thinking I might do this sometime, depending on whether I decide to buy a house in the next month or two.

In the meantime, I just switched from Black Magic leather conditioner to a two-step Blue Magic treatment. The "leather" looks newer and more opaque than it did before. I like it, but I wish it smelled a little stronger like the Black Magic stuff.

And Keith, I have to ask: what the hell are "Billet Floor Mats"???

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Sorry, my signature decides to turn itself on randomly. I use the sig more to keep track of how much I've done. The billet floormats are made of diamond plate aluminum. They have the WS6 logo on them and are custom cut to the shape of the wells in the car. The passenger side looks almost like a boomerang. Pretty neat. They came with sill plates that match as well. This is just the front set. I got the complete set, comes with front back and a licsense(sp) plate as well. I haven't used the plate yet, but maybe some day if I show the car, I can use it on a stand.Trans Am WS 6 Black Diamond Metal Floor Mats Real Aluminum Custom Shaped | eBay

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

I suppose it should just say "custom floor mats" I'll change it when I get a chance. Heading out now to do some gold nugget shooting.. And shoot a new pistol.

I take it that the compass and temp indicators illuminate from underneath the mirror/glass surface? I don't see any etching or inserts on the surface of the glass.... ?
    Yes, it illuminates from behind the mirror in the right side lower corner.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information