'02 White, '95 Black
    '02 Camaro B4C, '95 9C1

Angry Lot of Water on the Floor

Jumped in the car (2002 B4C) the other morning, and noticed there was a lotta dew on the inside of the windshield. Wiped it off and drove to the station. Also noticed the car smelled real funky inside. . .

Yesterday, I discovered the floor - front and back - driver side and passenger - is very very wet. Carpet is totally soaked, especially in the back. I haven't tried to determine the source of all the water, but we had a lot of rain several days ago, so there must be a really bad leak somewhere.

Does anybody have a suggestion on where to start ? BTW, the car has no t-tops.

Rip

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

This problem and no t-tops? You're sure you didn't have a window cracked during the rain?

'02 White, '95 Black
    '02 Camaro B4C, '95 9C1

Well. . . I don't think so, but I'm gonna get the thing dried out and wind up the windows, hit it with a hose and see what happens. . . I don't know of any other way to diagnose the problem

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

On the passenger side at least ... see if your AC drain is clogged up. That happened with me and I had literally 2 INCHES of water in the floorboard. Also, check your weatherstripping along where the window should seal

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

That would be the best way to diagnose a window leak problem. The fact that you don't have a t-top car makes it a bit stranger though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripinator View Post
    Well. . . I don't think so, but I'm gonna get the thing dried out and wind up the windows, hit it with a hose and see what happens. . . I don't know of any other way to diagnose the problem

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by tep98ws6 View Post
    On the passenger side at least ... see if your AC drain is clogged up. That happened with me and I had literally 2 INCHES of water in the floorboard. Also, check your weatherstripping along where the window should seal
    Thats the first thing I thought of. Then I read that the entire car was soaked. When that has happened to me, it was just the passenger side. I would check the drain, I dont know how else water would be getting in.

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    Thats the first thing I thought of. Then I read that the entire car was soaked. When that has happened to me, it was just the passenger side. I would check the drain, I dont know how else water would be getting in.
    The only thing I could think of otherwise would be with there being no body around the entire window would be the window not sealing properly from 1) bad/deteriorated weatherstripping or 2) both window motors going out, not allowing the window to roll up all the way?

white
    camaro

I had this problem in my hardtop z. I tool some silicon caulk to the plastic piece where it meets the winshield and solved it. It only took me about 6 months to figure it out
    Red blur= Daily driver
    blue blur= project t/a
    Previous moneypits: 94 Firebird/99 Firebird/ 97 WS6/ 98 Z28

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Maybe this will help with the location..
    This is from another members car that was leaking. I circled where I thought water was comming in..

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Maybe this will help with the location..

Click for full size
    yikes. that looks like my car currently

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by tep98ws6 View Post
    yikes. that looks like my car currently
    You're quick.lol I added that the photo is another members car with water getting in like what was discrided.. Mine don't leak and I'd die if it did.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

'02 White, '95 Black
    '02 Camaro B4C, '95 9C1

Angry

Smittro: I saw those pics earlier while searching around for clues concerning my leak. . . I guess I too am gonna hafta tear the interior panels out along with the seats, etc. to figure this out.

As regards the A/C condensate tube, I doubt that is the problem. Haven't been running the A/C, but I have been running the defrost some - which I guess runs the A/C. . .

Damn ! I hate having to deal with a leaky car. . .

Rip

Artic White
    2002 Camaro Z28

The funky smell? Doesnt smell like coolant does it, Make sure its not your heater core.
    LS6 Intake,Cold Air,Smooth Bezel,SLP MAF,SLP Air Box Lid,Ported T/B,Pacesetter LT's,McCord Power Plate Cut-Out,3 Inch Exhaust,Vision Motorsports 9MM WIRES,Comp Cam XR275HR-12,Chrome Molly Push Rods,Comp Cam Valve Springs,JP Performance Double Roller,Mesier High Volume Oil Pump,&Dyno Tuned

'02 White, '95 Black
    '02 Camaro B4C, '95 9C1

Angry

I thought of coolant too, but it doesn't smell like that. It smels more like a pile of rotten dirty underwear. . .

Rip

'02 White, '95 Black
    '02 Camaro B4C, '95 9C1

More Info. . .

Yesterday, I pulled the bottom seat cushions out from the back seat, and underneath there were deep puddles of water on both sides - driver and passenger.

I'm still trying to get the car dried out prior to performing a test with a garden hose. By the look of the rust stains on the driver side carpet under the cushions, I'd say this leak has been a problem for quite some time.

Stay tuned.

Rip

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that. Having that rust is not a good thing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripinator View Post
    Yesterday, I pulled the bottom seat cushions out from the back seat, and underneath there were deep puddles of water on both sides - driver and passenger.

I'm still trying to get the car dried out prior to performing a test with a garden hose. By the look of the rust stains on the driver side carpet under the cushions, I'd say this leak has been a problem for quite some time.

Stay tuned.

Rip

Thread Information