Thread: Is it just me

Red
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Is it just me

But does the front end seem to get scratched up like every time you drive it? GD its making me sad lol. I don't get it though, it didn't seem so bad when I bought it a year ago, but they hid stuff VERY good with wax. But now even if I wax it like every week I still seem to get tiny chips and bug stains like every trip! Now I got 2 tiny scratches on the hood. DAMN IT! I'm pretty sure the bumper is beyond fixing without a repaint which I'm not toooo bummed at, but the hood was PERFECT until recently.

Whats the secret to keeping it nice? Is it just slow driving, not driving it much, repaints? I try not to follow people close when driving, just don't get it lol.

Red
    1999 Camaro SS

I overlooked a bunch of tiny chips and scratches when I first bought the car.

When I'm washing it, you get up close and personal with all the areas of the car, thus exposing more chips/scratches ect. It's one of those things where everyone else wont notice it until you point it out, at least for me it is ha

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Poppn's right. People see a rad ride b4 they see scratches.

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Yeah, seems like every time I wash it I find a new scratch or chip. It's frustrating, but what can you do?

Green
    1997 Camaro Z-28

Only way to stop it is don't drive it and park it in a large safe. Your going to get them but just watch who you follow and how close.

1998 Z28 - Totaled
    1971 Camaro - Sold

I have some nice white chips in my red hood I just sprayed about 4 months ago... It is frustrating but like Jaycenk said, if you drive it... It is going to happen and in the end thats why I try and let em go. There is only so much you can do with your DD to keep those things to a minimum.

teal
    1998z28m6- 1999z28a4

any body no if theres any thing out there to cover up or hide scratches

Blue 1997 Trans Am(Sold)
    Pewter 2001 Trans Am Vert

you can get a colour that doens't show imperfections as badly like Pewter like me LOL jk... No I agree its just one of those things that you can't stop from happening but everytime you wash your car you'll notice another imperfection whether its brand new or been there for years... Its a matter of not being so picky... as far as repair goes theres the touch up paint and if thats not enough its off to the paint booth.

Thread Information