Artic white
    2001 Trans am

i need some help

i think i did one of the dumbest things today. ok so i have some gay ass pinstripes on my car. so my friends dad told me to remove them with acetone, so my dumbass goes ahead and use it to remove them. it works to my surprise but im really worried now beucase im thinking its going to fuck up my paint job. afterwards i washed my car off with water should i worry about anything?

'98,'00-B 93,03,11,14-V

I'd go back and wash with soap and water. Then give her a good wax again. I use lighter fluid to do that job. It might cost a little more in rubbing. But, it is better on my paint job imo.

You should me fine. It was good that you through on some water afterwords. BTW - If you decide to do that again. Do not let the acetone say on there too long or it will soften your base paint. It can dull the clearcoat as well. I've never had this problem with lighter fluid in over 30 years of use. However even with lighter fluid I wash the car afterwords to make sure there is no solvent still on the car. Like I said I just think lighter fluid is safer. I think it works pretty good and quick too.

if it were my car i would wash it with dawn soap to strip every think off of it and then rewax and stuff

'98,'00-B 93,03,11,14-V

Quote Originally Posted by uphigh07 View Post
    if it were my car i would wash it with dawn soap to strip every think off of it and then rewax and stuff
    Me too .... dawn does get all your waxes and solvents off and let you start anew.

Artic white
    2001 Trans am

well i washed really good on sunday and then waxed it. it acutally came out looking good, for my first time waxin. and looks way better without the pinstripes.

Thread Information