White
    01 Camaro 6speed

I like these Tips

Well ive been searching for a while and said to myself im not gonna by the corsa clones. They look nice but mostly on T/A, i want to buy these from summit they are Cherry Bombs, double walled, slant, stainless steel tips that are 12" long and 4" outlet. My question is if i get the 5" is it too big of an outlet size ?
    http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku
    1993 Z28 M6: K&N Intake, 52mm TB, TB Bypass, No Cats, Exhaust Cutout, Flowmaster Muffler, 3.90 Gears, 160 Thermo, Tune, BMR Springs, Bilstein Shocks, 3 Point SFC,s & MGW Shifter.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

4 inch is pretty big, I think 5 might be too much for a Camaro....

I can't find any examples on a camaro, but I did find a 5.5 inch on a t/a....you may have seen this, but here's a link.

http://www.highperformancepontiac.co.../photo_04.html

Something Diabolical... chuckie669's Avatar
    2000 C5 Torch Red

kinda ricer imo, but if you like em, go for it.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

wow that is one sick T/A, 5.5" looks insane, i dont know if its gonna look on a Camaro. I might stick with the 4" but the one in the pic is a rolled edge compared to a double wall edge i think the 5" double wall edge might look a bit smaller visually since the double wall seems to make the edge of the tips look small but then i could be wrong, lol.

SILVER
    1999 CAMARO SS

I dunno about those.....I think it may look a little gaudy. But if thats what you like then by all means do it.
    Whisper Lid/SLP HarmonicBalancer/MAFTranslator/DiabloTuner A-Pillar Gauges (Aem Uego A/F,Trans Temp, D-Pic)Magnaflow CB w/CME Tips/ Eibach Pro Kit/ Brembo Cross Drilled/Slotted Rotors/ H.I.D.Kit

SILVER
    1999 CAMARO SS

Obviously I like my pipes, but there are people that hate the CME. I like it so I went with it.....

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Im just gonna ahead and voice my opinion that i think camaros should be dumped..no tips

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    Im just gonna ahead and voice my opinion that i think camaros should be dumped..no tips
    I like the no tip look on camaros too Doesn't look right on t/a's though, since they have the openings in the rear bumper...

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

actually my stock tips are painted flat black and at night time you can barely make them out and during the day time you can see them but definitly doesnt stick out as much as before. Ill post a couple of pics and a vid and in the vid you can barely make it out, if there isnt perfect lighting you can barely tell that i have tips. Thats why i want something that will look like the tips up top and im gonna paint my rear panel black with white lettering to complete the back end.

Last edited by karpetcm; 03-20-2009 at 01:11 PM.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    actually my stock tips are painted flat black and at night time you can barely make them out and during the day time you can see them but definitly doesnt stick out as much as before.
    Maybe do the same with your new ones so you have the best of both worlds Big exhaust plus a hidden look....sounds good, but who knows.

But I would stick with 4" ... 5" seems hugantic on a camaro

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

im gonna most likely stick to the 4" outlet i think the length on them should be about right about 12" would also look good from a side view of the car.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

im gonna most likely stick to the 4" outlet i think the length on them should be about right about 12" would also look good from a side view of the car.

Sounds good to me, and nice car btw Post up some pics when you're done.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

k, thanks for the advice. Once i put them on and get the rear panel painted ill post some new pics.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

k, thanks for the advice. Once i put them on and get the rear panel painted ill post some new pics.
    Very cool. How's the weather down there in Glendale? You live there or just stationed?

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

I live there, im actually in tujunga but even people in southern cali sometime dont know where its at so i say glendale which is the next closest city. Weather is good for now should rain sunday, wanted to get the car out and drive it before the rains. I wish there was a F-body club near by so we can chill, all the cool people i chat with online are in different states sometimes. What about you, lived in Tulsa all your life or moved there from a different state ?

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

I live there, im actually in tujunga but even people in southern cali sometime dont know where its at so i say glendale which is the next closest city. Weather is good for now should rain sunday, wanted to get the car out and drive it before the rains. I wish there was a F-body club near by so we can chill, all the cool people i chat with online are in different states sometimes. What about you, lived in Tulsa all your life or moved there from a different state ?
    I not so smarty sometimes I assume AZ when I hear Glendale because I spent a lot of time there during a summer internship in '06. I didn't even think about Cali...Born and raised in Henryetta, just south of Tulsa, weather just started getting warmer, but it's looking like rain here too...but we kinda neet it, been on a high to extreme fire danger lately. And the only local F-Body guy I've ever hung out with from any of the forums is Preston aka Y2KPewterSS and Z28Thunder
    Last edited by Y2KArcticSS; 03-20-2009 at 01:56 PM.

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

LOL, no worries everytime i say glendale or someone sees it the first place they think of is Arizona i guess Glenale, AZ is more popular then Glendale, CA. Maybe i need to move to arizona, lol. I use to be on Camaroz28.com alot and i know alot of people that are on this forum are also there as well but for some reason the people on this forum are a bit easier to message and ask questions. Nothing taken away from camaroz28.com guess ive just had bad experiences there.

Thread Information