Pewter
    1999 Camaro

How much did you pay to get your body kit painted and installed?

How much did you pay to get your body kit painted and installed? I am about to buy my kit and dont want to get ripped off so I just wanted to know what a few of you paid so I can get a good idea and about what range it should be in.

BIGRED Z
    I got the Wings West kit on a GP through CZ28.com for $486 shipped, $500 to paint and install in 2002. Since then, the've been painted again, still fighting to keep paint on the SOB's. Not worth it. Said fuck it, and bought a WS6 instead. They don't need GFX! The Z28 is for sale.

Lori

Pewter
    1999 Camaro

I was going to get the rk sport kit but I found a wings west kit on ebay and just ordered that for $510.00 shipped. Hopefully I wont have as many problems with mine as you did with yours and thanks for giving me an idea of price.

BIGRED Z
    Unfortunately it's universal. Everyone I know with GFX has similar problems. Just get a good body shop that works with painting aftermarket kits, they can add flex to the paint to increase the lifespan and whatever else they do.

Lori

Pewter
    1999 Camaro

ill do that thanks

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

Quote Originally Posted by BIGRED Z
    Unfortunately it's universal. Everyone I know with GFX has similar problems. Just get a good body shop that works with painting aftermarket kits, they can add flex to the paint to increase the lifespan and whatever else they do.

Lori
    Did they not for yours? what kinda shop did you go too? almost every vehicle on the road today has parts that REQUIRE it when painted, I can't believe you had a shitty shop not do it.

Go to a dealership body shop, they are the best. It will cost mroe, but it will be done right, and if it isn't who cares, dealerships offer a LIFETIME warranty on paint

BIGRED Z
    Quote Originally Posted by oneBADDz
    Did they not for yours? what kinda shop did you go too? almost every vehicle on the road today has parts that REQUIRE it when painted, I can't believe you had a shitty shop not do it.

Go to a dealership body shop, they are the best. It will cost mroe, but it will be done right, and if it isn't who cares, dealerships offer a LIFETIME warranty on paint
    The first shop added flex, but put it on so thin I could still see black through the red paint. And they did such a shitty install the front piece fell off while I was driving down the interstate. It was prolly salvageable after I ran over it, but once the semi behind me ran over it, the front piece was done.

The second time around was done much better by a reputable guy that does work for our local club members.

The dealership had to re paint one of my side pieces after they spiderwebbed the paint and I'm still having the same issues with paint flaking off the inner wheel well as the other side piece, that wasn't painted by the dealer. I was unaware that they warranty their paintjob for life. In fact, that sounds too good to be true, but I will check it out.

Lri

Thread Information