Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Which Hood, Your Opinion Matters

I have a white z28 you can see a better picture on my page, I saw these hood scoops that are different from the norm, which one do you guys and gals like? #1 http://www.mechamperformance.com/d_i...ro34rear1L.jpg
    http://www.mechamperformance.com/d_i...o34front2L.jpg
    or #2 http://www.mechamperformance.com/d_docs/h_CA4g4f.html
    If one had a bigger inlet I would go with that, anyway what do you guys think? If you dont like those suggest some other hoods, I have seen all the cowls, so something you guys know is different.
    Last edited by c5z28; 06-02-2008 at 12:40 PM.

Red
    2000 WS6 M6

#3 is pretty sweet! I'd go black rather than while on the grills though. Wonder if it would look like too much in person though.

Bright Blue Metallic
    1999 Camaro Z28

I would like to get a new hood too... that third one looks good...

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Stock SS style hood > those hoods.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Stock SS style hood > those hoods.
    Hey the options were in my first thread not anywherelse damit, you got three options pick from one of those! I dont want to look like every other ss wanabe proud to be a z28 the original bad ass.

silver
    2002 Z28

# 1
    If you go with the 2nd one, I'd also stay away from the white grill...silver or black be better.

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    Hey the options were in my first thread not anywherelse damit, you got three options pick from one of those! I dont want to look like every other ss wanabe proud to be a z28 the original bad ass.
    LMAO..ur a trip

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Mecham stuff is ugly, so I say leave it stock.

There's a reason so many people run the stock SS hood.....it looks GOOD!

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

I think think they're both fugly.

red
    1999 WS6

Prefer the SS hood myself over any of those.

maroon
    2002 Camaro

the ss is the orignal bad ass the z28 was a cheap way to sell cars

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by 3.8maro View Post
    the ss is the orignal bad ass the z28 was a cheap way to sell cars
    Hey, know your history before making attacks like that http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trans-Am_Series .The z28 was the original bad ass in the trans-am series where the muscle cars raced and only up to a certain size displacement was allowed which spawned the 302's. You don't see bumble bee ss's do you? read on your history and next time you go to a car show ask an old guy with a z28-he'll set you straight, Also the ss wasn't around until they reintroduced it in the 4th gen f-body's, that is when they made the switch.-young punk

10's N/A

Well, you said our opinions matter, and my opinion is there both ugly ass hoods!

Hey, know your history before making attacks like that http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trans-Am_Series .The z28 was the original bad ass in the trans-am series where the muscle cars raced and only up to a certain size displacement was allowed which spawned the 302's. You don't see bumble bee ss's do you? read on your history and next time you go to a car show ask an old guy with a z28-he'll set you straight, Also the ss wasn't around until they reintroduced it in the 4th gen f-body's, that is when they made the switch.-young punk
    In the olden days the Z28 and SS were two distinctively different models. Both had entirely different powerplants under the hood. Our 4th gen cars don't share those same characteristics. There both virtually the same thing. The 1996-2002 Camaro SS was simply a package option available on the standard Z28. It basically boils down to a simple badge, mild suspension, and an appearance package - that's it, all which can be converted on a base Z28 with little effort (i.e. no motor swap). I don't think it's logical to compare our later models to the cars of the early years.

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

you are basically right but thats not entirely true the late model ss also had slp exaust a hurst short throw shifter and functional ram air and some had factory 3.73 gears as compared to z28. But he is right on old school z28 was first I believe.
    On the hoods both of them look riced out. I'd keep it simple. Just my 02 cents

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by BlwnCamaro View Post
    you are basically right but thats not entirely true the late model ss also had slp exaust a hurst short throw shifter and functional ram air and some had factory 3.73 gears as compared to z28. But he is right on old school z28 was first I believe.
    On the hoods both of them look riced out. I'd keep it simple. Just my 02 cents
    It also came with a dash plaque, "Camaro SS" floormats, and could be had with an SLP lid as well, but I didn't wan't to list every single thing! I'm sure you got my drift.

And for the record, no "factory-produced" 4th gen SS came off the assy. line w/ 3.73's.

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    It also came with a dash plaque, "Camaro SS" floormats, and could be had with an SLP lid as well, but I didn't wan't to list every single thing! I'm sure you got my drift.

And for the record, no "factory-produced" 4th gen SS came off the assy. line w/ 3.73's.
    I test drove one brand new myself off the lot in 01 with 3.73's checked the build sheet myself. Plus all SS's were sent to slp for mods after assembly line from factory.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

whoa easy guys-fine the origial bad ass was the zl-1 camaro big block, ok? And when I said original bad ass I meant the original not today- tell me what hoods you like other than the ss, its not an option for me.

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by BlwnCamaro View Post
    I test drove one brand new myself off the lot in 01 with 3.73's checked the build sheet myself. Plus all SS's were sent to slp for mods after assembly line from factory.
    No disrespect to you my friend, but there were no SS cars optioned w/ 3.73 gears - period. If you believe so, produce a RPO/options list, magazine article of some sort, or some kind of proof to back up your discovery.

whoa easy guys-fine the origial bad ass was the zl-1 camaro big block, ok? And when I said original bad ass I meant the original not today- tell me what hoods you like other than the ss, its not an option for me.
    If I wasn't going to go SS, my only other options would be a cowl hood, 3" preferably, or the SLP "Ultra Z".
    Last edited by N20LT4; 06-02-2008 at 01:38 PM.

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

[QUOTE=N20LT4;1494546]No disrespect to you my friend, but there were no SS cars optioned w/ 3.73 gears - period. If you believe so, produce a RPO/options list, magazine article of some sort, or some kind of proof to back up your discovery.

Didnt buy the car so dont have the build sheet but it was on the options list on the sheet. Plus if you think no camaros were made that are mild exceptions to the actual production options you are mistaken. Think back to older camaros with rare options they do exist in 4th gen also. Plus dont need proof I build camaros for a living and my word is good if your a doubter type on here than fine.

Black
    1998 Z28 Camaro

check out the 98-02 bolt on stingray hood or the 3 inch raised ss! on this site these hoods are pretty sick if you dont want ss.http://www.vfnfiberglass.com/932001camaro.htm
    stingray is one of my favorites
    also sunoco wide cowl is nice

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information