BLACK
    2001 Z28

Cool Hollywood Top/targa Top ?

any 1 know if they make or sell a kit to (TARGA TOP) OR (HOLLYWOOD TOP) YOUR hard top f-body like a Camaro or Trans-am ????????????

and if they do what web site is it or where can i find the kit ?

thanks
    Chris

BLACK
    2001 Z28

i think that they have a kit for s10's i think well at leat thats what they told me but havent found that 1 online either ?

Silver
    2002 Z28

Granted, I don't have a clue what a "Hollywood Top" is, I know that Targa tops don't work very well, and they tend to leak a lot. Plus they absolutely kill structural stability, so it'd only be feasible in a V6. There are several shops that do T-top conversions though, if that would suite your needs. Beyond that, I always thought it would be a cool idea to tear the fiberglass skin off the roof where the T-tops would go, put in a T-top headliner, and then have a thin sheet of safety glass laid on top. You'd still have the rigidity of a hardtop, but also be able to achieve the open feeling of a t-top.
    She's baaaaaccccck...

'02 Z/28 M6 Hardtop

BLACK
    2001 Z28

well some people what the corrvett has the removable roof they call that a TARGA TOP/HOLLYWOOD TOP it's just like a t-top but without the thing in the middle

but if you put subframe connecters and all the suspension stuff i dont think it will take any structhual integridty off of the car ? but then again i could be wrong

99FRC,00TA,98Formula
    91Firebird,88FieroGT

I have seen a couple of custom jos on fbodys, and will take away some structural integrity away from the car.

ban-one
    if you put sfc's it wont leak or so they say.......

1966 Corvette Coupe

these cars come in verts... so i dont see too much of a problem with a targa... i know someone makes a kit for mustangs... you might just google "mustang targa" and see what company you get and see if they make one for a camaro...

-me

Silver
    2002 Z28

Ever riden in a 'vert? I've been in a vert SS with SFCs, STB, and a Steel roll bar. Go up a driveway and you can watch (and see) the chassis bend. Not saying it isn't a cool idea, but for some reason or another, F-bods don't have the same sturdiness as Y-bods. I'm sure with enough steel and welding you could get things right though.

Hi I live in Minnesota -

I’m looking for someone that knows how to do Hardtop to T-Top conversions.

Please let me know the cost

Thanks

Black/Carbon
    95 Camaro

6LE makes a kit mabe close to what ur talkin about

Arctic
    1996 WS6

^ agreed, 6LE is making a targo t-top replacement meaning you keep your factory roof, but its a single peice that latches into stock t-top location, you can keep your bar or remove it. You can cut that stupid little bar out, it doesnt add jack crap for structural integrity. Its been proven, you dont even need SFC but they help. you think that in a 4,000 lb car, with at least 350 ft lbs, that a little 1 inch peice of steel is going to make so much difference over it not being there? NO. if there was ebough power to flex the chassis to the point of the frame bending, it would simply snap that stupid thing. Your ignorant for thinking otherwise. You know a lot of convertibles from the factory, arent really from the factory at all. Companies buy them and simply cut off the roof, add nothing to the chassis, and send them to the dealerships.

black
    02 vette vert

Quote Originally Posted by satansws6 View Post
    ^ agreed, 6LE is making a targo t-top replacement meaning you keep your factory roof, but its a single peice that latches into stock t-top location, you can keep your bar or remove it. You can cut that stupid little bar out, it doesnt add jack crap for structural integrity. Its been proven, you dont even need SFC but they help. you think that in a 4,000 lb car, with at least 350 ft lbs, that a little 1 inch peice of steel is going to make so much difference over it not being there? NO. if there was ebough power to flex the chassis to the point of the frame bending, it would simply snap that stupid thing. Your ignorant for thinking otherwise. You know a lot of convertibles from the factory, arent really from the factory at all. Companies buy them and simply cut off the roof, add nothing to the chassis, and send them to the dealerships.
    wow! were do you start with this one? how about what you did to your car to make it weigh 4000 lb. and what is this frame you are bending?

Arctic
    1996 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by dklowrider View Post
    wow! were do you start with this one? how about what you did to your car to make it weigh 4000 lb. and what is this frame you are bending?
    my car from the factory weighs 3477lbs. I weigh 250. I have a stereo system and a turbo system. I rounded the rest of the way. Its close to 4000lbs. I did say that without considering others dont have turbos or stereo systems, but its still close. Chassis is what i meant, not frame, sorry.

Red
    2002 Camaro Z28

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by STEALTH01 View Post
    well some people what the corrvett has the removable roof they call that a TARGA TOP/HOLLYWOOD TOP it's just like a t-top but without the thing in the middle

but if you put subframe connecters and all the suspension stuff i dont think it will take any structhual integridty off of the car ? but then again i could be wrong
    Stick with calling it a TARGA, HOLLYWOOD sounds fruity. LOL, good luck anyway.
    2002 Camaro Z28 Bolt ons, Flowmaster catback w/3" QTP electric cutout, Superchips tuned, Granatelli MAF, SLP cold air induction Lid & filter, ZEX powertune plugs, Taylor 10.4mm wires, 160 T-stat w/fan control, Eibach sportlines & BFG-KDW's on 17" SLP SS rims.

Thread Information