Gray
    2000 Camaro GT Street V6

Exclamation HID/Halo Headlamp/Fog Lamp question

So I have been back and forth on the web, forums, and other things about HID Lights. I have always liked the look on the cars, and since I got my Camaro, I have been thinking about this seriously. Now, since I have been looking at the HIDs, I have started to like and appreciate the looks on Halos. I have seen them on the Audi R8, and At a car show I went to on an Camaro SS. So my question is where do you guys get your Head Lamp setup and how much did you pay? I know a lot of people get them from eBay. I am considering this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3AIT&viewitem=

To the people that already owns the HID/Halo conversion kit, please give me your input. I have heard talk of an H1 bulb or something, so please let me know. I am planning to get no more than a 6000K kit. I think that is adequate for what I need.

I also was thinking if I upgrade to HID's, then I will most likely need to upgrade my Fog lamps to HID's as well. I have not seen a lot of these, so let me know where I can get them.

Pictures, pics of installation, and illustrations are also welcome as I plan to do these myself. Thank you for the help in advance.
    Last edited by M-ManLA; 02-10-2009 at 01:26 AM.
    I'M BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!
    ... and now I need to save up for a new Camaro now

Gray
    2000 Camaro GT Street V6

Any takers?

Artic White
    2002 Camaro SS

I had the one's in the link that you provided. They are made by a company called Eagle Eye. To be honest the stockers have better light output than these. The cut off was decent but not great. The beams were narrow and did not provide as much light output even with HIDs in them. These use an H3 bulb which is commonly used for fog lights. The quality was ok. Nothing to spectacular. I did have to play with spacers to get the lights to sit flush with the bumper as well as being able to aim the lights high enough to see. I would recommend you look into the newer ones made by a company called sonar. They use a much better bulb, which is an H1. Here is a thread on ls1 tech that has some nice pics of the light output and the much better cut off these have.
    http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/appear...tmas-pics.html

Here are the projectors.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-02...Q5fAccessories
    2002 Artic White SS 35th Wheels|Full Hotchkis Suspension|Koni SA|Magnaflow CME|SLP lid|www.fquick.com/The_Guz

Gray
    2000 Camaro GT Street V6

Thanx Guz. I was looking at these and these look good. Now I understand this does not come with the Xenon bulbs. If I was to purchase this, can I put my stock bulbs in them? Also do you have a link for the Sonar H1 bulbs? You said that the H3 is better for fogs. Do you know where to get the H3 bulbs? I am having trouble for finding any HID fogs for the Camaro on eBay. Thank for the help!

Artic White
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by M-ManLA View Post
    Thanx Guz. I was looking at these and these look good. Now I understand this does not come with the Xenon bulbs. If I was to purchase this, can I put my stock bulbs in them? Also do you have a link for the Sonar H1 bulbs? You said that the H3 is better for fogs. Do you know where to get the H3 bulbs? I am having trouble for finding any HID fogs for the Camaro on eBay. Thank for the help!
    The link I provided are for the sonar projectors. You will need new bulbs to use them. The camaro uses a 9006 bulb for the low beam so you will need an H1 for the projectors. Looks like the lights are plug and play so you will not need to modify anything. To use an H3 bulb for the fogs you will need new foglights. The factory size bulb for the fog light is 894.

Gray
    2000 Camaro GT Street V6

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    The link I provided are for the sonar projectors. You will need new bulbs to use them. The camaro uses a 9006 bulb for the low beam so you will need an H1 for the projectors. Looks like the lights are plug and play so you will not need to modify anything. To use an H3 bulb for the fogs you will need new foglights. The factory size bulb for the fog light is 894.
    Ok so I buy these projectors and then I would need to buy an H1 bulb for them then right? As for the fogs, you have a site that I can visit so I can see them? Can't really find anything on eBay for the Camaro.

Awaiting Activation

Blue
    2000 TA

A less expensive option would be to keep your stock lights and replace the bulb with Phillips Xtreme Power +80% bulbs. You can't get them locally but they do pop up on Ebay or other sites.

Artic White
    2002 Camaro SS

Ok so I buy these projectors and then I would need to buy an H1 bulb for them then right? As for the fogs, you have a site that I can visit so I can see them? Can't really find anything on eBay for the Camaro.
    Yes an H1 bulb is needed for the newer projectors. As for the fogs I think an 880 kit will fit I am not 100% sure on that. HID kits can be found on ebay.

Pewter
    2000 T/A WS-6

The best way to go is with the projector headlamps and upgrade to hid's ,reason being that the projectors have a nice cut off point so you wont blind everyone. I use a guy from Cali. for my hid's they run about 86 dollars a set. If you want more info just send me a pm.

Gray
    2000 Camaro GT Street V6

Quote Originally Posted by DUBL0WS6 View Post
    A less expensive option would be to keep your stock lights and replace the bulb with Phillips Xtreme Power +80% bulbs. You can't get them locally but they do pop up on Ebay or other sites.
    Yea but I want to get the Halo effects lights also.

Gray
    2000 Camaro GT Street V6

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Yes an H1 bulb is needed for the newer projectors. As for the fogs I think an 880 kit will fit I am not 100% sure on that. HID kits can be found on ebay.
    Ok man thanks!

Gray
    2000 Camaro GT Street V6

Quote Originally Posted by WS-6 View Post
    The best way to go is with the projector headlamps and upgrade to hid's ,reason being that the projectors have a nice cut off point so you wont blind everyone. I use a guy from Cali. for my hid's they run about 86 dollars a set. If you want more info just send me a pm.
    Does he has the ones like the ones that is posted above?

Pewter
    2000 T/A WS-6

Does he has the ones like the ones that is posted above?
    He has all bulb types and colors. he does not carry any projectors or headlight housing just hid kits. Their shop is in Sacramento.

Gray
    2000 Camaro GT Street V6

Quote Originally Posted by WS-6 View Post
    He has all bulb types and colors. he does not carry any projectors or headlight housing just hid kits. Their shop is in Sacramento.
    Kool man how much does the bulbs cost? I will definitely hit you back up before I purchase the housing. See if he has the H1 6000k. I heard that is the best one for the buck.

Thread Information