HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar

Cool Halo Headlights (advice, experience)

Long story short, I'm looking to get some halo headlights, I've had mixed emotions about them for the last few years due to some of my other friend's experience with them. Problems such as, mounting them and having large gaps and space, I also heard they stop working after awhile too. Can anyone let me know more about them, anything you heard, good or bad. Also where is the best distributor or manufacturer of where I can buy them as far as quality. Because I know there are many cheaper versions of them that I don't want if there garbage. Thanks guys-
    01 m6 z28 - lid / lt headers / 3' ory w no cats / flowmaster catback w 3' dmh e-cutout / nelson pcm tune

Bright Blue Metallic
    1999 Camaro Z28

i got a set of 6 lights (Headlights,front markers, and side markers) for $250 off of Ebay.. had to modify the headlight bracket a little to get the lights to fit good.. work great since they have been in.. didnt even have to reseal them.. no water inside...

Bright Blue Metallic
    1999 Camaro Z28

i got a set of 6 lights (Headlights,front markers, and side markers) for $250 off of Ebay.. had to modify the headlight bracket a little to get the lights to fit good.. work great since they have been in.. didnt even have to reseal them.. no water inside...

Quote Originally Posted by mk99z28 View Post

Click for full size
    nice, nice....what details can you give me regarding the modifying of the headlight bracket??

Bright Blue Metallic
    1999 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Raoul-Duke View Post
    nice, nice....what details can you give me regarding the modifying of the headlight bracket??
    had to cut and trim it down on the sides by the fender.. so the stockers now will not fit

Awaiting Activation

Black
    2001 Camaro Z28 A4

I bought mine over a year ago and have no problems. I don't know who I bought them from off ebay, but as soon as I remember I'll let you know. Anyways, I paid only about $100 for the pair and they came with the bulbs. The fitment was exact like OEM and no gap issues whatsoever. The quality seems great.

Red
    2002 Camaro Z28

I bought mine on ebay, forget how much. There are 3 kinds of Halo lights on ebay. First kind have single Halo in middle, not sure what bulbs it takes. second kind like mine have dual Halo's with projector lenses that take an H1 bulb for hi's and lows and driving light in middle with 3 white LED lights on outside edge. The middle driving light can be changed to any colour 194 LED bulb, which I like and added a 25 smd LED 194 bulb to mine. Also added HID kit to low beams in 20000K (= to 10000K deep blue), looks cool I think. Third kind are the best of the bunch with dual CCFL halo's and projector lenses that take an H3 bulb, they do not have driving light in middle but the LED's on outter lowwer part look better and there is a couple more. Mine have been good qaulity with no problem's or modification's needed. Also both the dual Halo types come in black or chrome.
    Last edited by nillam1; 05-17-2009 at 08:00 PM.
    2002 Camaro Z28 Bolt ons, Flowmaster catback w/3" QTP electric cutout, Superchips tuned, Granatelli MAF, SLP cold air induction Lid & filter, ZEX powertune plugs, Taylor 10.4mm wires, 160 T-stat w/fan control, Eibach sportlines & BFG-KDW's on 17" SLP SS rims.

black / black
    '91 Z28 / '10 SS

I have these:

The light output is much better than the stockers. Pretty happy with them

Quote Originally Posted by mk99z28 View Post
    had to cut and trim it down on the sides by the fender.. so the stockers now will not fit
    ok I think I get what you mean
    Quote Originally Posted by yyun View Post
    I bought mine over a year ago and have no problems. I don't know who I bought them from off ebay, but as soon as I remember I'll let you know. Anyways, I paid only about $100 for the pair and they came with the bulbs. The fitment was exact like OEM and no gap issues whatsoever. The quality seems great.
    that would be awesome man
    Quote Originally Posted by nillam1 View Post
    I bought mine on ebay, forget how much. There are 3 kinds of Halo lights on ebay. First kind have single Halo in middle, not sure what bulbs it takes. second kind like mine have dual Halo's with projector lenses that take an H1 bulb for hi's and lows and driving light in middle with 3 white LED lights on outside edge. The middle driving light can be changed to any colour 194 LED bulb, which I like and added a 25 smd LED 194 bulb to mine. Also added HID kit to low beams in 20000K (= to 10000K deep blue), looks cool I think. Third kind are the best of the bunch with dual CCFL halo's and projector lenses that take an H3 bulb, they do not have driving light in middle but the LED's on outter lowwer part look better and there is a couple more. Mine have been good qaulity with no problem's or modification's needed. Also both the dual Halo types come in black or chrome. Click for full size Click for full size Click for full size Click for full size Click for full size
    looks badaaaasss man!
    Quote Originally Posted by swisscheese View Post
    I have these:
    Click for full size

Click for full size

The light output is much better than the stockers. Pretty happy with them
    do you have the link or site from where you bought em??

Red
    2002 Camaro Z28

Thumbs up

Just go to ebay and search "02 CAMARO". Study before purchasing, like anything on ebay the cheaper price is not always better if shipping is WACKED! if you have any questions, ask here! Also, some come in 6 piece combo with parking + bumper lights in either clear or black. Depends what you like or want or can afford. I have also seen them sell projector halo's with an HID kit already installed. Take your time grasshopper, think twice, cut once. Good luck. I can tell you one thing though, people stare at my lights like a dear mesmorized. I love the attention. Cops have not bothered me and ZERO people have flashed me.

Thread Information