black
    2000 Trans Am ws6

getting trans am repainted

hello, i think this is the right place for this. I just bought a 2000 trans am about two months ago, and have been having fun driving it around, but i would love for it to look nicer. It currently has a few chips in the paint (seems like 1-2 on each spot of the car) along with some scratches and one area that looks like it was way over buffed. I went to two places and both said id be better off getting the car repainted, so thats what im looking to do.

So im going to bring it to a friend who paints cars and see how much he would charge me, but i am wondering a few things before i bring it over. Is there a certain kind of car paint i should be looking for and where can i get the ram-air decals and the stock trans am decals (the ones between the tail lights, previous owner had them taken off)

After i get it looking nice, then ill start with some bolt on!

Green
    1997 Camaro Z-28

Paint is what ever the painter prefers and sometimes they like the junk so you have to go find a new painter. Paint is not so much the question as what is he going to do to prep the car and get it ready for paint. Most people can paint a car but it takes someone who will take the time to prep it right before the paint goes down. It has to be sanded down but what grits you take it down with and how much sanding you do with the higher grits and the way you sand it as well as just having a good eye and a very sensitive hand to feel any flaws and smooth out those curves is what is going to help get a great end result, Painting is then done and then clear. Here again now how much clear went down and how much can you sand that clear to get all the flaws out and what grit will he sand the clear with and then how much can you buff it to take it to a mirror shine. A guy getting paid really good money will sand that clear with 1500 and then 2000 and pro's will even then take a 2500 to 3000 grit to it and then buff it. You can make a clear look good with 2000 then a buff with 3 different foam pads. It really depends on the painter. Me personally, if I pay for a paint job I want to see no orange peal when I'm done and it should have no light scratch marks from sanding but then again if you drive it everyday it is going to get chipped. If you drive it period it is going to get chipped. Talk to your boy and ask him to see some of his work IN PERSON. Find out what he charged and look real close from all directions down pannels to see what the finish product looks like.

Green
    1997 Camaro Z-28

By the way if you are from shamwow... your product sucks lol

Black
    2001 Pontiac

Quote Originally Posted by JaycenK View Post
    By the way if you are from shamwow... your product sucks lol

And stop beatin' on the bitches dude!

Thread Information