Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

NBM
    1998 Z28

FINALLY! 1993-2002 Gauge Needles... "S86 Needles

No one else offers what we offer for gauge and other interior overlays, PERIOD and now we are also proud to be the only company that cares enough about these cars to spend the past SIX MONTHS developing a high quality OEM replacement set of needles, IN ANY COLOR YOU WANT, to compliment our McNord overlays or give a custom touch to your stock overlays.

Factory F-Body needles are either red, orange or yellow and are made from an injection molded colored plastic. The plastic itself is colored so there is no paint to remove. If you paint the OEM needles light will no longer shine through making them useless at night.

Not being able to leave anything stock, like all true car guys, our guy Sommer86 (Mike Sommer) spent six months testing different manufacturing methods and needle materials finding the perfect solution to this dilemma. His work has paid off for all F-Body lovers as he now offers us COMPLETE OEM REPLACEMENT NEEDLES in a VARIETY OF TRANSLUCENT COLORS made to light up just like the factory needles. We present to you the S86 Needle Set:

Again, these are simply OEM replacements, they fit right into your stock needle caps. If you aren't comfortable for any reason installing them yourself we offer multiple options that also keep your cars down time to a minimum or non-existent...

1) Do it yourself mod. We send you the needles, you install them yourself.

2) We do it for you, no core charge. You simply send us your needles (just the needles, not the cluster, so you can still drive your car) and we install the needles and mail them back. They will ship back to you via USPS Priority mail within 24 hours of us receiving them.

3) Plug and play, ready to go. Just like the the second option but NO DOWN TIME at all. You order our needles and pay the core charge and we send you a set ready to just push on to your cluster. Then if you want to send us your stock needles back we can refund your core but if you want to keep them that is fine as well (we have a huge supply of OEM caps so we don't have to have yours back).

PRETTY MUCH ANY COLOR IS AVAILABLE. We give you red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, white and clear to choose from BUT if you want a custom color we can do that as well. As you see in the pics we can do neons, opaques, etc... Just contact us to let us know what color you are looking for and we can make them for you at no extra cost (in most cases).

THEY ARE ON SALE RIGHT NOW FOR $69.99!!! THIS IS FOR A FULL SET OF SIX NEEDLES and shipping is included within the continental 48 states. Most orders ship the next day but without a doubt they will ship within 5 business days of payment received.

Stock overlays look horrible, our custom overlays look GREAT but our custom overlays with custom needles look AMAZING!!! Here's a 200mph gauge cluster we made for Edelbrock's Dick Harrell Camaro WITH OUR WHITE NEEDLES...

Having a nice set of needles to match a nice overlay makes our cars feel 10 years newer!!!

Don't stare at those boring and unbecoming factory needles one more minute than you have to, order your S86 Needle Set TODAY!!!

ORDER YOUR NEEDLES HERE:

http://6litereaterdesigns.com/store/...roducts_id=187

Also, be sure to check out our custom gauge overlays, also on sale now !!!

Black
    '98 Z28

I'd love to grab a set of these up since I changed my backlights to blue leds, but damn, $70 for six needles. You could buy the supplies to make the mold for less than that.

NBM
    1998 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by tpilews View Post
    I'd love to grab a set of these up since I changed my backlights to blue leds, but damn, $70 for six needles. You could buy the supplies to make the mold for less than that.
    No offense, but like hell you could... You don't realize how complicated the design is to make the light actually get to the end. In other words injection molding, not clay or sand.

$10 per needle + the shipping, packaging and paypal fee is all we have charged...
    Last edited by 6LITEREATER; 12-09-2009 at 01:43 PM.

WHITE
    2000 SS CAMARO

me likey a lot!

Join the PHK @ thephk.org Sommer86@6LE's Avatar

Red
    2001 Camaro SS

Injection molding as an art itself is tricky. Besides the 5k-12k tooling fees and molding fees, you might get about half your product done correctly. That's just the nature of the I.M. beast.

If you make 1000 items, you might get 450-600 useable ones. It's tough.
    Last edited by Sommer86@6LE; 12-09-2009 at 02:24 PM.

Join the PHK
    2009 LS1.com Calendar Car

NBM
    1998 Z28

I meant to type this on another board but will go ahead and post here as well since it was relevant...

Quote Originally Posted by enigmah View Post
    Little pricey.. but your the only one with them so i guess you can do that :\
    Not really. They are $10 a needle plus shipping, packaging and paypal bringing it to the $69.99 price.

Look closely at the pics of how intricate the design has to be to work (down to the weight of the needle for balance). This things weren't cheap to get made at all.

A quick google shopping search on gauge needles (for other vehicles, there aren't any out there for our cars) will show you our price is the same for the cheapest and $30 less than average...

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

I dont think the price is out of line, esp for a one-off product

think of TSS's emblems, sure theyre higher than some mainstream stuff. but its unique and truly custom

Silver
    2007 CTS-V

How easy do these break? Or are they flexible?

Red
    2001 Camaro SS

They're very breakable, but flex a bit. They'll give a little, like the stockers, but too much flex and *snap*!

Silver
    2007 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Sommer86@6LE View Post
    They're very breakable, but flex a bit. They'll give a little, like the stockers, but too much flex and *snap*!
    So I am ASSuming you send them insured?

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

VERY COOL! if i get white overlays i will buy them

NBM
    1998 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by SandmanWs7 View Post
    So I am ASSuming you send them insured?
    We have no problem replacing a broken needle if it happens in the mail but to make sure it doesn't we send in little boxes.

Also, if you break one on install or something we will take care of you with a replacement, no charge, as long as you don't make it a habit, lol...

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

I'm liking these a lot
    another thing i gotta save up for

Red
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER View Post
    We have no problem replacing a broken needle if it happens in the mail but to make sure it doesn't we send in little boxes.

Also, if you break one on install or something we will take care of you with a replacement, no charge, as long as you don't make it a habit, lol...
    And a cute little box at that!! Lol...

But honestly, if you're just installing them, there's almost no way you'd break them. Now, if you're bending the tips to see how far they bend, then they would snap. They're pretty tough little suckers!

Silver
    2007 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Sommer86@6LE View Post
    And a cute little box at that!! Lol...

But honestly, if you're just installing them, there's almost no way you'd break them. Now, if you're bending the tips to see how far they bend, then they would snap. They're pretty tough little suckers!
    Sound like a good deal. Last question. Do I have to pull the whole dash out to replace them?

Red
    2001 Camaro SS

What do you mean by whole dash? More than just the speedo area?

The answer is no.

All that comes out is the Bezel around the speedo area and the clear lens piece in front of the gauges. FYI, once the bezel's out, the clear lens will come out as one piece with the entire speedo cluster. Then just pop the lens off and violá!

Black
    '98 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by SandmanWs7 View Post
    Sound like a good deal. Last question. Do I have to pull the whole dash out to replace them?
    No, the steering column drops down when you remove the support bracket. That'll give you enough clearance to pull the cluster. Pretty easy job to remove the cluster. About 20 mins. Now, removing the needles and making sure they end up in the correct spot is a little tougher.

Silver
    2007 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by tpilews View Post
    No, the steering column drops down when you remove the support bracket. That'll give you enough clearance to pull the cluster. Pretty easy job to remove the cluster. About 20 mins. Now, removing the needles and making sure they end up in the correct spot is a little tougher.
    Yeah figured the replacement already
    Last edited by SandmanWs7; 12-10-2009 at 08:59 AM.

Arctic White & Black
    '98 WS6 M6 - SWAPTIME!

very cool. add overlays and needles to my things to do list

Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

do you have to recalibrate the speedometer for you custom Inlays?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information