Sebring Silver Metallic
    1995 Pontiac Firebird

Did the blinker mod

Been wanting to do this forever now. I always liked how newer, sometimes even older, cars had turn signals that toggled back and forth. So I decided to do it myself. Extremely easy, takes about 5-10 minutes per side, and only cost me about $5 for some wiring connectors.

Please excuse the cheesy video, I suck at video editing.

black
    2000 camaro ss

i think it looks good.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

Looks a lot better. I really need to do this. I feel like im gonna get hit in heavy traffic sometimes because people cant see turning from the side

Black
    1995 Firebird

How did you do this for $5? I'd like a write-up or something if you don't mind. Only thing I've seen is this for $20 http://autotrix.net/product_pages/fi...inker_kit.html so for $5(is that per side or both? either way dang dude) is a deal.

And I agree, for safety I wish it blinked in sync too.

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS-6

Quote Originally Posted by blindxeyed View Post
    Been wanting to do this forever now. I always liked how newer, sometimes even older, cars had turn signals that toggled back and forth. So I decided to do it myself. Extremely easy, takes about 5-10 minutes per side, and only cost me about $5 for some wiring connectors.

Please excuse the cheesy video, I suck at video editing.
    hahaha someone on that site wrote that it was a lame video and gave it 1 star. lol obviously they were expecting something really interesting

99' 30th Ann TA

love the comments...

Sebring Silver Metallic
    1995 Pontiac Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by Firebird Phoenix View Post
    How did you do this for $5? I'd like a write-up or something if you don't mind. Only thing I've seen is this for $20 http://autotrix.net/product_pages/fi...inker_kit.html so for $5(is that per side or both? either way dang dude) is a deal.

And I agree, for safety I wish it blinked in sync too.
    Yeah, this basically does the exact same thing their kit does, not really sure what the differences between their kit and this is. It's nothing special or new, alot of people do this to their cars, I just haven't seen it done on ours yet. It's just a simple cut and splice job, very easy for anyone to do. Here's my crude MS Paint drawing:

You're basically just cutting the ground wire from the smaller 194 bulb, and tapping that into the blinker wire going to the other 3057 bulb. That's it... Should be able to be done on all 93-02's.. even 3rd gens as well.

Any car can do this, I'm about to do it to my Geo as well lol. All you need are some wire taps, which I picked up at AutoZone for right around $5. You may need some extra wire as well, but I already had that and at most it may cost you a couple bucks more. Hope this helps, let me know if you need any more help.

Quote Originally Posted by Siciliano15 View Post
    hahaha someone on that site wrote that it was a lame video and gave it 1 star. lol obviously they were expecting something really interesting
    Yeah, I deleted their comment, only to have the same douche post again. Needless to say I blocked him. Never understood people like that, there's just no need for it.

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird

Wow. Ill definately be doing this if it thats easy. This should be a sticky since Autotrix is no longer a sponsor I think... orion! where be you?

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

thats slick

1998 Z-28 A4

I like it god job

U. S And A Greatest country in all of world

Stock
    2002 Camaro

i wanna figure out how to make my low/high beams do that. any ideas?

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Crash View Post
    i wanna figure out how to make my low/high beams do that. any ideas?
    Dont you mean you want to make your high beams and low beams run at both the same time?? Or do you want them to "wig wag"

Black
    1998 Trans Am WS-6

Quote Originally Posted by blindxeyed View Post
    Yeah, this basically does the exact same thing their kit does, not really sure what the differences between their kit and this is. It's nothing special or new, alot of people do this to their cars, I just haven't seen it done on ours yet. It's just a simple cut and splice job, very easy for anyone to do. Here's my crude MS Paint drawing:

Click for full size

You're basically just cutting the ground wire from the smaller 194 bulb, and tapping that into the blinker wire going to the other 3057 bulb. That's it... Should be able to be done on all 93-02's.. even 3rd gens as well.

Any car can do this, I'm about to do it to my Geo as well lol. All you need are some wire taps, which I picked up at AutoZone for right around $5. You may need some extra wire as well, but I already had that and at most it may cost you a couple bucks more. Hope this helps, let me know if you need any more help.

Yeah, I deleted their comment, only to have the same douche post again. Needless to say I blocked him. Never understood people like that, there's just no need for it.
    haha he posted again? lol wat a loser. means he had to go back to the video that he dissed before, realize u deleted his comment, and write another one. he must be very bored.

White 1999 WS-6
    Black 2000 WS-6

That seems like an easy mod. Thanks for the write up! And the diagrams always help.

Thread Information