Red; 58,000 org. miles
    1999 Camaro Z28, M6....

Carbon Fiber Hood?

Does anyone have any opinions about carbon fiber hoods in terms of quality and durability? I'm looking at the ones from Chaser....SS style. Just curious if anyone had any experience with the carbon.......thanks.

LeMans
    2005 Corvette 2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by chrombs13 View Post
    Does anyone have any opinions about carbon fiber hoods in terms of quality and durability? I'm looking at the ones from Chaser....SS style. Just curious if anyone had any experience with the carbon.......thanks.

Do you just like the looks or what? There hasnt been much spoken about those.. They only negative (besides ricer comments) is the gaps that some have..

http://www.projectcamaro.net/forum/s...ead.php?t=8685
    Last edited by BadBlueBird*; 11-04-2006 at 08:01 AM.

LeMans
    2005 Corvette 2005 GTO

And second note, after researching that maker "Chaser" a few have had similar problems with the hoods:

1. The front scoop does not clear the stock intake so you need to cut a large hole into the hood to make it clear. (I went ahead and modified the hood to clear a SLP lid and will be test fitting a k&n fipk within the next week)
    2. The holes for the hood latch are not drilled correctly. There are two holes both at the top which are drilled and the stock latch requires one at the top and one at the bottom. (I had to drill the bottom hole and use a nut in the back to hold the bolt in place)
    3. The middle of the hood on both sides sits much lower then the fenders. (Don't know how I will be fixing this but I plan on putting some rubber pieces to push the sides up when the hood is closed)
    4. The hood is extremely weak. The stock hood struts are too strong so pulling the hood down is extremly hard and I feel like the hood will crack in half each time I pull it down.

Red; 58,000 org. miles
    1999 Camaro Z28, M6....

thanks for the info....as far as the hood not clearing, i thnk that would probably be for the "Scoote" hood that they have, but who knows....thanks though

Thread Information