Pewter
    1999 Camaro

Bubbling Paint on roof please help!!

Ok heres the deal, I had my roof and mirrors painted black a couple of months ago, in certain spots after sitting in the sun it will start to bubble up and have some small streaks running through the paint. The shop told me that they have painted the roof 5 different times and even put some fiberglass resin over the roof trying to get it to come out right and it just wont work. They told me that they think that it is coming up from the glue that holds the headliner on. So my question is has anyone else here ever heard of anything like this on Camaros (or any car for that matter) and if so could you give me some info about what you think is going on and how this can be fixed? They told me that I could find out what to do to fix it that they would do it for me but if not basically I will just be stuck with a bubbling roof, so any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

back 'n better than ever Kjz99z28's Avatar

White/Black
    1999 Z28

From what I understand this is a VERY common problem. Mine's starting to do it too. If anyone else has any suggestions that would be awesome but the only thing I've heard of to fix it is to re-do that panel completely. I really hope someone else knows something I don't.

Blue
    04 Silverado

mine makes me sick i cant even look at it.car is (has) always been garaged.26k on it there is about 5-6 bubbles on the right side,ive heard that the dealer MIGHT cover it within 6yrs.i dont know if that is true if someone knows for sure please let us know.and that is what i have heard that there was a problem with the glue on it,dont know if was a recall.

back 'n better than ever Kjz99z28's Avatar

White/Black
    1999 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by craig02ta View Post
    mine makes me sick i cant even look at it.car is (has) always been garaged.26k on it there is about 5-6 bubbles on the right side,ive heard that the dealer MIGHT cover it within 6yrs.i dont know if that is true if someone knows for sure please let us know.and that is what i have heard that there was a problem with the glue on it,dont know if was a recall.
    Yeah that's what I had heard. It deals with the glue. Apparently there was a recall or a notice of some kind about it. I had heard of some dealerships fixing it, and some refusing to. I really wish I knew a little more about the details.

Black
    1999 Camaro SS

There was a recall for the sail panels. You have probably missed your chance to get them replaced for free, but it is worth running up to the dealership and asking. At least they could quote you a price for replacement parts if it annoys you that much.

Black Hardtop
    01 NHRA Formula

Thread Information