Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    f-body

billet fuel door?

anyone know where i can find a billet fuel door?

1999 Chevy Camaro

You mean the "Eclipse Fuel Door mod"?

http://search.ebay.com/Eclipse-Fuel-...MEFSRCHQ3aSRCH

Rob

pewter
    1999 Z28

for the love of god, why? Just go buy one of them chrome stickers for it....classy!

f-body

elclipse? will those fit?

Maroon
    2000 a4 z28

1999 Chevy Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by SSclint01
    elclipse? will those fit?
    Yes the 2000 (and other years near it) spiders door should fit with little modding. From what I've heard it's a direct fit. If unsure, do a search on the net for it. Many people have done it to they'er f-bodies. Looks sweet.

Rob

Black
    1999 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaZ
    Yeah and one of those shopping cart handle wings would compliment that gas lid nicely.
    Borla XR-1 energy bushings UMI B&M Spohn suspension techniques eibach edelbroc K&N Richmond Eaton F.A.S.T FlashTuner NGK MSD SLP J&M - I owe it all to my mentor- my dad.

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans Am

And here we go - one more time.....

Black
    02 Z06

awww be nice guys. Just because it's not your style doesn't mean you need to flame on him. I hope everything turns out well bro.

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans Am

Actually, I like the fuel door mod and have it on my T/A so I'm all for it.

It's just that there is probably at least one thread/week about this that goes on & on about this mod being rice.

I don't know why people need others' confirmation as to whether 'this looks good or not' about anything they do with their car.

I don't give a rat's ass if you like what I did to MY car or not!

For all you fuel door mod haters out there - I challenge you to beat (or even match) the amount of 1st Place and Best GM trophies that I have with my T/A and the 'rice' fuel door mod. Lowest I ever received was 2nd Place. Normal shows I attend have between 400 & 600 cars to choose from with the larger shows having 1000 or so.

BTW, I'm running out of room in my gameroom for shelving to put the trophies on

And the #'s in my sig prove it's not just all 'show' & no 'go'. N/A numbers will be bumped up to around 500rwhp after the new engine mods this winter

OK, I'm done now...
    2000 Phoenix WS6 Trans Am
    Pride of Western PA Car Shows

426RWHP/418RWTQ N/A (Mustang Dyno MD-1750)
    584RWHP/510RWTQ Massaged by TNT (Mustang Dyno MD-1750)

Black
    1999 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 1QuikWS6
    Actually, I like the fuel door mod and have it on my T/A so I'm all for it.

It's just that there is probably at least one thread/week about this that goes on & on about this mod being rice.

I don't know why people need others' confirmation as to whether 'this looks good or not' about anything they do with their car.

I don't give a rat's ass if you like what I did to MY car or not!

For all you fuel door mod haters out there - I challenge you to beat (or even match) the amount of 1st Place and Best GM trophies that I have with my T/A and the 'rice' fuel door mod. Lowest I ever received was 2nd Place. Normal shows I attend have between 400 & 600 cars to choose from with the larger shows having 1000 or so.

BTW, I'm running out of room in my gameroom for shelving to put the trophies on

And the #'s in my sig prove it's not just all 'show' & no 'go'. N/A numbers will be bumped up to around 500rwhp after the new engine mods this winter

OK, I'm done now...
    If the fuel door was actually a true functional race quick fill gas door, like those used in the ALMS, Speed word challenge, or any race that is serious... then right-on I'm all for it. ButI don't understand why anyone would put a piece of metal on only one side of your car that upsets the already beautiful exterior styling.

1999 Chevy Camaro

I rather like it. I prefer it to be painted the same as the car so it didn't stand out so much.

Hey,1QuikWS6, any tips you might have for this guy. And congrats to all the awards!! It's nice to put money in something and get it back in some way or another.

Rob

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans Am

Well, I got this set of instructions from another thread:

Its fairly straight forward

You'll need some washers that are ~1/4 - 3/8 in OD...and that fit the bolts that came with the new fuel door.... you'll use them to sandwich your new door and the car body together....

You'll find it easier too if you remove your rear tire and wheel and loosen up the black body panel inside your wheel well...it just has some plastic screw keepers

1. Open your fuel stock door...you'll see some pop rivets that circle your door...get a drill that’s just barely larger than the size of the center of the pop rivers... and drill them out..

2. Pull the door off

3. If your going to re-use your plastic overfill catch thingie you’ll have to mod it by notching it where the screws on the new fuel door will pass thru it and notch it or drill out holes for them to pass thru... if your not going to re-use then proceed on to step 4.

4. Press the new fuel door against the outside of the cars body…. and at the same time place the bolts that came with the fuel door thru the holes on the fuel door...and thru or around the catch cup if you used it… they will not need to go thru the body of your car. in fact I don’t think they even come close..

Anyway...use the nut and washer to "sandwich" the body of the car between the washers and the fuel door. Don’t over tighten so that you can make minor adjustments for fit as you go.

5. Do the same for all bolts on the cover put everything back.. then check the fit and tighten everything down

6. Have a beer...your done

This took me about 35 minutes..its very straight forward....If you do a neat job at drilling out the stock fuel door you can very easily roll-back your mod to stock...
    Here's another link to some info: http://www.camarov6.com/cgi-bin/ulti...c;f=5;t=008523

I can't find the link to the instructions that I used for the install - the link from Brent's page no longer works

Yeah, the trophies are nice - let's you know that all that $$ you spent is appreciated by others. I find that there are an AWFUL lot of nice women in their 20's that just love T/A's! Best thing I ever saw was a tattoo of the T/A Bird that was placed in a very 'suggestive' position - girl just came up, asked me If I wanted to see her tattoo, pulled down the top of her shorts to show the bird (and some other equipment ) - good thing my wife is understanding about that kind of stuff and love's cars as much as I do! Couldn't ask for a better wife

silver
    2000 WS6

So does it matter what year eclipse the door come from or just any billet doors for a 2000 body style eclipse will work

SILVER
    1999 CAMARO SS

Hey Floridaz Where Did You Get That Grille Insert From Looks Good. I Cant Find It Anywhere, Any Help Would Be Appreciated. Thanks

1999 Chevy Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by hatws6
    So does it matter what year eclipse the door come from or just any billet doors for a 2000 body style eclipse will work
    I believe that year was the only year that style was made for the eclipse. Other years seem to be made of plastic and have other designs. At least thats what I've seen on ebay.

Rob

black
    2001 trans am

Hey quikws6 congrats bro! I've seen pics of your car and i personally think is one of the best ones out there.

Maroon
    2000 a4 z28

Quote Originally Posted by SSNAKEATER23
    Hey Floridaz Where Did You Get That Grille Insert From Looks Good. I Cant Find It Anywhere, Any Help Would Be Appreciated. Thanks
    dgmotorsports.com

They make great carbon fiber stuff. The Camaro logo was stenciled and painted on. It comes plain..unlike the Rk one that has RKsport plastered on the front.

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS.6 R.I.P.

Hey Quik! who makes your billet fuel door? and that link doesn't go anywhere.

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans Am

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information